UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yew Militias

Arcamenel

Wanderer
Yew Militias

So, I've been reading about the different Yew Militias, and their thing.... I've seen the YEW tag around, but haven't seen Yew much. When is Yew's prime time? I found their house, but not any of them...

Let's try to keep this thread a nice one, not a competitive one, that way no one has to lock it.

Noc

Wanderer
Re: Yew Militias

8est and downwards. Mostly every-other-day rallies, but able to be called on for events and battles.

Edit- For the true Yewians that is, [YEW]

Ozzy

Sorceror

In my eyes... And from my experience I think that both Yew Militas are nothing but a guild of alot of tank mages, but I might have just been facing the wrong ppl ^^

Heracles, why don't you stick with TcD and let the both Yew guilds settle their diffrences their own way? I don't see why you think your involvement is neccesary.

Noc

Wanderer

Yew has had a few tank mages. They are definitely the minority, especially back in the old days.

The core was 90% straight melee, a few side-kick mages were added for squad support (decked out in heavy armor). The rangers were pretty much straight up archer/stealther units. The Arcanist/Order were the non-armor wearing mage units, aside from leather.

We had more mages than the Orc limitations for sure (we've always had a dedicated mage-only Division), but The Undead easily acted as the Orcs counter-weight, along with vampires (when they were on the same side of the fence).

There was also the Covenant to deal with back in the day. That was a hard fight every-time.

I don't know what the rebels use template wise.

LordCool

Wanderer

Noc;1766871 said:
Yew has had a few tank mages. They are definitely the minority, especially back in the old days.

The core was 90% straight melee, a few side-kick mages were added for squad support (decked out in heavy armor). The rangers were pretty much straight up archer/stealther units. The Arcanist/Order were the non-armor wearing mage units, aside from leather.

We had more mages than the Orc limitations for sure (we've always had a dedicated mage-only Division), but The Undead easily acted as the Orcs counter-weight, along with vampires (when they were on the same side of the fence).

There was also the Covenant to deal with back in the day. That was a hard fight every-time.

I don't know what the rebels use template wise.

new Yew has lots of PvP interaction with Britons in the Yew area. Therefor we stick with effective PvP templates. Often we will self restrict parts of our template for RP battles. Example, I don't bola mare RP players.

Arcamenel

Wanderer

LordCool;1766693 said:
The guild tagged [Yew] is active 11pm cst.

That's kind of late, no? Some of us have things to do in the mornings!

Kinda stinks. Was hoping to get to know you guys a bit.

Maybe one weekend I will catch you guys.

Ozzy;1766860 said:
In my eyes... And from my experience I think that both Yew Militas are nothing but a guild of a lot of tank mages, but I might have just been facing the wrong ppl ^^

Heracles, why don't you stick with TcD and let the both Yew guilds settle their diffrences their own way? I don't see why you think your involvement is neccesary.

There was only 1 tank mage during my time as the ranger commander in the militia and he was frowned upon and ended up going inactive. I could be wrong though because I mainly stuck to my rangers and left the wytches and tin cans to themselves.

I personally frown on most hybrid classes in any RP guild, but I especially dislike them within [YEW].

I'm also going to agree with Ozzy here. I don't know what personal enmity you have against Noc or the Militia itself, Heracles, but it was old back when I was a commander and its old now. I'd like to know why you get all upset and aggressive whenever we are mentioned.

Vestros

Sorceror

because for the longest time there y'all were nothing but greifers...... but regardless i don't see how all of y'all can offer your "opinion" on everyone else's guild/forum thread but when some offers theirs... they get trashed.... go ahead and flame me if you want...i wont respond. because and i quote "arguing online is like winning the special Olympics.. even if you win your still damn retarded". i just wanted to let that be known... hypocrites...

Vestros;1767199 said:
because for the longest time there y'all were nothing but greifers...... but regardless i don't see how all of y'all can offer your "opinion" on everyone else's guild/forum thread but when some offers theirs... they get trashed.... go ahead and flame me if you want...i wont respond. because and i quote "arguing online is like winning the special Olympics.. even if you win your still damn retarded". i just wanted to let that be known... hypocrites...

I don't even know who you are or what your experiences with us were, but your accusations are fairly harsh. I'm not sure I'm following you. I have not "offered my opinion" to any guild here except for the rebel Yew Militia, and my stance on them was not hateful. I'm glad that you won't argue with me, but I wasn't going to flame you regardless.

LordCool

Wanderer

Arcamenel;1766931 said:
That's kind of late, no? Some of us have things to do in the mornings!

Kinda stinks. Was hoping to get to know you guys a bit.

Maybe one weekend I will catch you guys.

Yeah it really is, thats when I get off work. I am on a bit during the days when I dont have class. We are also active on weekends.

Arcamenel

Wanderer

Cool, I'll see if I can catch you guys this weekend.

Everyone else, we're not keeping this thread at minimum flames! I need a fire hose!

This thread wasn't meant to talk about Herecles and [YEW]'s problems, so no more talk about that. If it continues in this thread, I ask that a moderator close it please.

Otherwise, thank you Noc, and thank you LordCool for answering my questions.