UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yib got owned....

Yib got owned....

Well, me, scorn, and yib just got back from a Disturbed concert (Jagermeister music tour in houston). In the middle of the set, in between songs, the lead singer of disturbed, david draiman, was trying to get everyone amped up. He was yelling "EVERYONE STAND UP!" I was already in prime rocking form (standing up, hands in the classic horns position), but yib and scorn were still sittin down. Scorn stood up, then David Draiman was like "Thats what ya get in Texas, always at least one woman going "Honey sit down, you're embarassing us" when everyone else is having a good time." It took me a second to realize who he was talking about, then everyone turned towards her and booed. I started laughing my ass off. David Draiman was like "Get your ass up. How boring would the show be if we did this sitting down?" and sat down on the ground with the mic. "Ok, lets rock now.... wait.. no.." Then yib finally stood up. He yells out "Finally... now, are you ready?" and got back to the set. Then later on he was telling everyone to stand up (Us three were), and he pointed yib out again and said "Look, even she is standing up, you need to get the missus up or i'll be down at the county court house drawing up the divorce papers tomarrow morning for you."

I told yib I would change my signature to "yib got owned by david draiman irl" so, there's the story behind it.

Re: Yib got owned....

come to think of it.. what kind of music DO you prefer? I know you listen to lamb of god/acid bath/all that mess, but so does scorn... is that his taste in music, or yours? Im gonna laugh if it turns out you're a kicker or something

jacin

Wanderer

die mook.
...well actually will nelson and jonny cash are good.

but yea, not the nu metal.
stoner/desert/doom/space rock/metal. or something.

FU. Les Paul (the guitarist, not the guitar) > Johnny Cash.

Actually, scratch that, Chet Atkins > *.... Playing yankee doodle AND dixie at the SAME TIME (as in, both songs being played SIMULTANEOUSLY) while keeping beat....

In old 50sish music I like Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, the generic list of black blues guitarists (White guys can play blues, but its almost like "if you're black, you kick as at guitar"... look at hendrix and tell me he wasnt playing funk blues half the time)

From the 60s? Which part? I like the old school hippy music like Creedence Clearwater Revival (up around the bend ftw). The later woodstockish era, Hendrix (obviously), The Yardbirds (not just the new yardbirds/Led Zeppelin, but also the old ones... i got this thing for classic british rock that doesnt involve "punk"), Velvet Underground, The Beatles, Santana, Mountain, The Who (duh), The Doors

70s? Probably my favorite decade in music. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Thin Lizzy, Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath... can't claim to like classic rock and not have one of those bands on your list.

80s? Not my favorite, but i'm not complaining. Van Halen, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, Pantera (as in, GLAMROCK PANTERA, wtf), Ozzy, Guns N Roses, Slayer, Soundgarden, Rush, Anthrax... getting into the beginnings of metal...

90s and beyond... One of the most prolific times for kickass bands... Stone Temple Pilots, Black Crowes, Pantera, Acid Bath (check it out, obscure metal band thats dead, but kicks ass), Audioslave (from the rememnants of RATM and soundgarden... nice), Black Label Society (probably the savior of metal in general), Collective Soul, Disturbed (i dont see how this is classified as "nu metal"... sounds like industrial metal/general metal to me), Godsmack, Lamb of God (one of my favorite metal bands), Lenny Kravitz (he's pretty kickass), Nine Inch Nails (industrial metal ftw), Pearl Jam, RHCP, White Zombie/Rob Zombie, SOil, Sublime... i can go on

Of course, thats just me with a sudden inspiration to list some of the stuff i like. Pretty varied. Notice... i didnt list eminem. Because he's too hardcore for all of that. Yeah, how controversial is that, a white rapper. In this world where stereotypes are set and there's no room for anyone to step outside of the box... wait a second. No. I think im TIRED of being outside of the box. Let me back in. This sucks. Its cold out here. And Lonely. And makes me want to commit suicide. Emo anyone? I WANT IN THE BOX. PLEASE GOD HELP ME.

Just thoughts.

Jambo-hybrid

Wanderer

American music sucks....Rammstein all the way :/ What American band can say they are banned from playing in the US?:confused: