UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Young players at Tokuno Champ

Rainier

Wanderer
Young players at Tokuno Champ

am i the only one that thinks it just seems wrong that a young player can own a champ by themselves without having to move or heal once from start to end?

i dunno how OSI is with the Tokuno champ but you would think that champion creatures or at least the champion themselves would target a young player regardless of the facet or if your in a dungeon or above ground.

2 young(yeah right) players can sit on the alter itself and go from lizardmen thru serado without moving or healing once??? i see it over and over every day. im not freaking out or anything just seems pretty silly for a new player to have that much power. thats A LOT of gold and good items being dropped for 0 effort to 'new' players. nice one on the 10 hours of young status though!! :)

pbguy434

Knight
Re: Young players at Tokuno Champ

Ya, I think the 10 hours is going to stop it from happening for too long.

In my oppinion, Youngs should be attackable in a champ spawn area just like they can be in Dungeons. Just give them that warning gump that they are attackable, of course. But since thats not on OSI, its not gonna be here.

I don't think it happens on OSI because of the slow skill gain.

awb

Sorceror

I believe the young status being reduced to 10 hours here is directly corelated to the accelerated skill gain.

Naddict

Sorceror

Exactly, since players can gain skills faster here than on OSI the young status time was dropped to make it fair. Even at a 10 hour timer you get a bunch of GM music/provoke youngs at the Tok champ getting a ton of gold with no chance of danger.

nah,. i think its ok at 24 because i have got about 4 people to come here that have never played before and they need that time. if the people that know how to play get some extra cash at the start i dont think its a big deal. i meen they prob left another server to come here :p but it dont matter.

dimitrii

Wanderer

Pbguy434 said:
There is no reason to need more than 10 hours on a shard like this.

Someone completly new at UO might need more than 10 hours. Thats not to say he is not able to stay within the relative safety of Haven to train however, but still.

pbguy434

Knight

Yes, thats what I mean. There is no real advantage to being Young except no monsters attacking you, and thats easily exploited. A truly new player can roam around Haven and Malas, and by the 10 hours is up the person should get a feel of what monsters are hard and which ones are relatively easy.

See what I'm gettin at?

Rainier

Wanderer

ya i agree that the 'young' status is kinda cool if you really are a complete noob to UO. but the people im talking about who go straight to the Tokuno champ with a name like 'tot harvester' are not one of them.

either way Im glad about the 10 hours :)

Rhun-demise

Wanderer

Ahh well, look at it like this:
1- Tot's aren't worth a damned thing
2- Gold is worth even less

:D

ZNICK

Wanderer

Rhun said:
Ahh well, look at it like this:
1- Tot's aren't worth a damned thing
2- Gold is worth even less

:D

Then can I have all your gold? :p

Z

Rainier

Wanderer

psh if you don't like it, you do it. or for ever bitch about it ;
If i dont like it, I do it? I'm not even going to bother thinking about whatever it was you were trying to say lol

Gold is worth even less
gold is worth less than tots? how much gold is worth less than tots? ive made 2 mil in the last 2 weeks off tots WITHOUT even being at the champ.

i should have known this was flame bait heheh. if you would refer back to my first post i said its just funny. and thats the end of reading this thread :eek:

peace

zardd

Sorceror

Personally the champ zone should be classed as the same as a dungeon for young players.. in that they can be freely attacked by creatures..

People will still milk new accounts to harvest with or without the 10hr thingy :S
Maybe look at making the server remove young when provocation gets to a certain skill level or even if they get enough karma + fame..

The big issue i have with it is..
You sit there working the spawn then the champ comes out and the (youngs) breed and spawn more (youngs) that seem to spawn out of the trees as soon as the champ drops..
Then these wonderful lure'rs come in luring all the oni's and left over stuff to the gold so that the hordes of (youngs) dont have to contend with anyone else for your hard earned cash.... :rolleyes:

My 2 cents ;)

death_kult

Sorceror

this will solve the main problem...

make provoke like an attack so the surviving monster would attack and kill them. all of the young players provoking on serrado would get to taste his poison and die as well.

could also make young players have to train in haven... make em renounce before they can gate out of it.

ah well...

automata

Wanderer

Maybe the admins could keep watch and every once and a while revoke young player status on any player exploiting his/her status at tokuno champ. There are way too many of them at Tokuno champ! I was annoyed by the fact that I'm getting poisoned and taking damage while attacking the champ and these VULTURES are sitting around with their horde minions ready too loot all the gold. :mad:

Com'on admins! You know it would be fun to see them die when they lose their status! :D

Why not let them enjoy thier young status while it lasts? They cut the time down so not like they can do much i mean how many new players can we possibly be getting?

Pbguy434 said:
Ya, I think the 10 hours is going to stop it from happening for too long.

In my oppinion, Youngs should be attackable in a champ spawn area just like they can be in Dungeons. Just give them that warning gump that they are attackable, of course. But since thats not on OSI, its not gonna be here.

I don't think it happens on OSI because of the slow skill gain.

I totally agree on this one.
Young bards take down serando in less then 10 minutes. :(