UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Your choice

Read the Forum post

• Wait until I get back and then update on the following Thursday

Votes: 59 71.1%
  • Update THIS thursday (tomorrow from the time of writing this)and see how it goes

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

ASayre

Your choice

Okays, Tuesday's patch was actually supposed to a 'real' patch, a big one at that. The pumpkin thing was kinda a cop out cause I didn't get what I wanted done before then. But that thing is now done and the real patch is for the most part ready

Small problem though. I'm gonna be out of town from Friday through Monday. And then Tuesday I'll be not there half the day then suffering Jet lag. Which means if something is Borked, I won't be there to fix it other than to relay a phone call to Ryan and Ryan can most likely relay it to Mark or Krrios, and that takes time and if they're busy, that's sad-stuffs. Soo...

Vote on the poll.

[Drakull]

Knight
You know how this works, man, if you put the changes and you are gone is when something will break. If you are here everything will be perfect. (Murphy's laws usually apply really accurately to software developments).
So don't hurry, take care of your things in real life and have a safe trip. :)
I don't think anyone will die (in real life) just because of waiting one more week for those changes.

John-demise

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
Okays, Tuesday's patch was actually supposed to a 'real' patch, a big one at that. The pumpkin thing was kinda a cop out cause I didn't get what I wanted done before then. But that thing is now done and the real patch is for the most part ready

Small problem though. I'm gonna be out of town from Friday through Monday. And then Tuesday I'll be not there half the day then suffering Jet lag. Which means if something is Borked, I won't be there to fix it other than to relay a phone call to Ryan and Ryan can most likely relay it to Mark or Krrios, and that takes time and if they're busy, that's sad-stuffs. Soo...

Vote on the poll.

Just wait until you get back, we can handle it....I think.... ;)

dimitrii

Wanderer
I say risk it, at most we would have to wait a day or two without the server, maybe we could actually go out into this thing they call "sun" and see what is about in the meantime :D

Muggz

Sorceror

It would be more of a headache to you coming back to find out something broke 5 minutes after you left. So just wait untill you get back. :)

Jake Blackstone said:
No rush, I would rather have a good update without too many bugs, than a half ass update.

Yeah Andre...you are a RunUO dev...do it the RunUO way...complete and working...not "borked" and constantly crashing the server...

Bardic said:
73.33% vote for next week

Then King Philly. J00 ARE A N00B ADMIN! How did the RunUO team let you decide dates on when updates go in...? Was there a test server to make sure everything was bug free? That's the new RunUO way...what the fuck...

psz

Administrator
Actually, it WAS tested. Internally. Some minor things got missed.

Also, we didn't exactly *PICK* the day that someone would crash the network to all hell as the day to update. Just a bad coincidence. (*EVERYTHING* would have been fixed approximately 12 HOURS before it ended up getting fixed... IE: The first crash)

SlipTongue69 said:
Then King Philly. J00 ARE A N00B ADMIN! How did the RunUO team let you decide dates on when updates go in...? Was there a test server to make sure everything was bug free? That's the new RunUO way...what the fuck...

At least we got the update, stop complaining and start being grateful. It's not like you have to pay to play anyway.

psz said:
Actually, it WAS tested. Internally. Some minor things got missed.

Also, we didn't exactly *PICK* the day that someone would crash the network to all hell as the day to update. Just a bad coincidence. (*EVERYTHING* would have been fixed approximately 12 HOURS before it ended up getting fixed... IE: The first crash)
I took the 4 posts saying that the server crashed meant...it crashed that many times.

psz

Administrator
To my knowledge, it crashed exactly twice. It took ~half hour to restart it the first time (I got awaked by a text message on my cell phone after a whopping 4 hours of sleep), and ~2 minutes to restart it the second.

The *REST* of the problem was the network issues.

[Drakull]

Knight
Seriously, I've been trying to find errors/bugs and just found a couple things that were wrong, and they have already been fixed. So I don't know why you people are complaining so much.
If you think objectively, there have been just a few bugs. I was expecting to find a lot more considering that this is a huge addition into the game, even if it was internally tested (c'mon, guys... I'm also a developer, I know how the things go when just internally tested: users are the only ones who are able of doing things that a normal mind would never think about to break the program ;) ... No matter how much you test it internally there will always be bugs that will be found during the mass testing phase by the users (things you never though about, like "trying to kill an ancient wyrm giving him poisoned food"... things like those... ;)
Also remember that it's not as easy finding errors having let's say 10 people playing with it than having 300 people...

Remember the old theorem that always apply to development: "Development is the art of competing with nature trying to make idiot-proof programs. For now nature is winning making better and more sofisticated idiots."

About the "unable to connect errors"... how guys can you blame the shard if you were not having connection to the server through the network due the tier 3 problems in the routing?