UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Your worst job.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Your worst job.

What is the worst job you ever had, and how long did you do it for?

For my part, I was about 15-16 year old when I was walking back from school and some scary dude asked me if I wanted to work. At first I was afraid he was looking for a sex slave, but it actually turned even worse.

It was selling Ice cream on the huge bicycle around the city. It was so shitty it's undescriptable, I spent all morning just busting my ass off to try to go up hills in the city with this bike that probably weights around 600 pounds, and after very very few sales, I decided I was sick of it and went to my friend's house and we just chilled in his backyard eating ice cream.

At the end of the day I delivered the bike back, walked home with a wooping profit of 3$ and never showed my face there again.

Fun fact, is that the crazy bitch that was my father's girlfriend at the time was insisting that I go back there and keep working, because in her mind every 15 year old kid HAD to work in order to bring HER money.

So that was my shittiest job, let's say I did it one day, but I really only "tried" to work for about 4-5 hours before chilling in the sun eating ice cream.

What about you?

Jorden17

Sorceror
Re: Your worst job.

I'v never had a rediculously shitty job that i couldnt hold for more than a cpl mos. But my roomate drove around for 2 days selling steaks lmfao. I couldnt imagine that.

Sammich

Wanderer

I left somewhere after 4 weeks once, got sick and fucked tired of opening up a restaurant at 7am on the weekends for fuckers to eat bbq.

had to post because I think its hilarious when people drive around trying to sell meat.

kdivers

Knight

stripping paint from the bottoms of huge sailboats at a local marina... messy and that sound it makes gives me wicked goose bumps and makes me cringe

glyph1c

Sorceror

picking milk orders for marks and spencers, the choice of 1 pint, 2 pint, 4 pint and 6 pint, in the variety of semi, skimmed, and full (only semi had the 6 pinters). I can show off my 1337 skills picking up 3 pints in one hand, two in the other, and sort of 'card flicking/shuffle' them in a line on to these metal cages.

talk about a no brainer, wish I could have made a macro to do it :/ oops, wrong thread

Tribal

Lord

i rly havent had a bad job

maybe kitchen hand for about 6 months but then i got moved up to being a chef so it paid off in the end

DeViiaNt

Knight

Car wash in the hot Florida sun, in the middle of the Summer, for 8 hours a day is the shittiest ever. I lasted 2 days the first time, and about a week or two the second time. I even got sun poisoning the first time because there was no shade cover for the people who dried off the cars & shined rims.

I applied for a telephone interviewing job last winter, basically you call people and get told to fuck off the whole day. I did not show up after the training of 6 hours...

Ajax

Lord

Gangsta-hybrid;1875289 said:
One day i had to wash the dishes here at home. It sucked.

yo gangsta, be careful of swine flu, i hear its pretty bad in ur country

UOGamersGirl

Wanderer

NASTY_DEVILx-hybrid;1875287 said:
I applied for a telephone interviewing job last winter, basically you call people and get told to fuck off the whole day. I did not show up after the training of 6 hours...

ooo telemarketing jobs are the worst.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Scraping barnacles and crap off hulls in marinas... all fun until some prick empties their holding tanks.

Yep.

It's shit.

Yep. Shit.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

a lawyer;1875343 said:
Scraping barnacles and crap off hulls in marinas... all fun until some prick empties their holding tanks.

Yep.

It's shit.

Yep. Shit.

Rofl'd

NASTY_DEVILx-hybrid;1875287 said:

I did this the summer after I graduated, I fucking hated it.

a lawyer

Sorceror

I worked for a company where we didn't telemarket per se but we had to call big corporations and try to discern who was holding what position. The company would then sell the lists of names to whoever wanted them. You had to be clever to get past the biotch secretary who usually then dumped you to an admin assistant (queen bitch) who typically dropped you like a rock.

It would be like "Hey, how's Phil McCrackin doing? Is he still CFO over there? I havent talked to him in ages!" Then queen bitch, if you caught her after lunch, might say something like "Phil who? Our CFO is Jack Mehoff!" Then I would frantically scribble the names. It was actually kind of fun for maybe a day and a half as I would use ridiculous accents and voices if I was trying to get multiple titles at one company. But alas, sitting on a phone all day and getting shocked by EVERY FUCKING THING in the office got old.

I kal ort por'd

Office Depot

I had department manager(s) from outside my department try and tell me what to do, even when it conflicted with what my department manager had previously told me to do. They were angered when they received a, "No, I'm busy. Do it yourself, or get someone from your department to do it."

Funny thing is, I now hold a job with a marketing firm where I get to return to that store and train their employees on sales techniques.

The pay raise felt good, too.