UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Zerg"

DarkSaionji

Sorceror
"Zerg"

He's known as the Maestro of Zerg. I'm tired of people thinking that zergs are all about numbers. Part of choosing a guild and the strength of a guild, is the amount of people they are able to ally. If you have no friends and go up against a guild that has many friends, you can't really complain because that's just stupid. If you want to call 'ZERG!', drop your guildtags and go solo. Anyway, watching the starcraft quarterfinals soon as thought I'd link you guys to a good zerg player.

http://gsi.gomtv.com/participants/groupA01.php

---FK

Pandacious

Wanderer
Re: "Zerg"

I'm new to Starcraft, but a good friend of me has told me much of Ma Jae-Yoon. I've watched a few of his matches here and there, and I must say he is amazing. Although, as for as the SC invitationals I find stork to be the most captivating. He is one of the protoss participants...I play Protoss as well, watching him is bliss :) It's too bad sAviOr was knocked of the tournament early on :/

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

Agreed. I'm rooting for stork in his match against Sea today. I've been playing starcraft for a while, but I'm still no good at it. I use Protoss as well. Anybody else around here play?

---FK

roly

Wanderer

<- zerg player, sometimes random. i like to use a lurker contain while i expand to get gas for muta harrass and then do random crack ling drops on xpands or on a main to kill tech.

jrhather

Wanderer

roly;366659 said:
<- zerg player, sometimes random. i like to use a lurker contain while i expand to get gas for muta harrass and then do random crack ling drops on xpands or on a main to kill tech.
You know you play SC too much when you type like this.

yea zerg is under used. I myself like to play toss or tech with terran.
though i have to say terran is by far the most fun to watch.

roly

Wanderer

Guildwars-Gamer;366739 said:
yea zerg is under used. I myself like to play toss or tech with terran.
though i have to say terran is by far the most fun to watch.
true, hardest to play at a high level though imho.

lordwolfx

Knight

War3 > SC

i used to play zerg yeah...

Then Blizzard did the first patch...

zerg got slower

same for next 15 patches, something to change zerg allways...

i caught War3 alittle late... i started playing after expansion was out a year allready,,,

www.clangold.org

Pandacious

Wanderer

They just balanced it out, at first Zerg was somewhat overpowered. They made it to where it required a lot of skill to play them.

GoldenTicket

Wanderer

zerg is still very viable. If an opponent fails to scout well, you have the option to rush. If they scout and see you have an early pool or den up and a forward hatchery, you can always "bluff" the rush, to make them waste most of their resources on defense. With hatcheries costing 100 mineral less than CC/Nexus it's easy to also gain map control. Throw into the fact that zerg has all of these options:
utralisk- a few of these in front of hydras/lings act as a total meatshield
queen- spawn broodlings and ensare work amazing in many situations.
defiler- dark cloud is perhaps the best special ability in the game (right next to toss's pstorm from templars.)
guardians- massive armor and long air to ground range, if you catch your opponent without an answer for these, consider their base gone.

Between all of these amazing units and a combination of the overwhelming zerglings and the cost efficient hydralisk, fast map control, good techs, and the ability to pump out x3 units from each hatchery, zerg is still a dominant race, provided you know how to play Z vs Z, Z vs T, and Z vs P.

i hate to say it but no good zerg rushes... and no good player loses to a zerg rush. I could say more but whats the point. If you play SC more power to ya.

lordwolfx

Knight

come to find out... UD just got nerf sticked lolz, cant garg rush anymore =-/, and I was doing garg rushes when everyone else was still bandwagon on fiends -=/....

fiend/stat is just too easy to run imo