UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

Sophist

Wanderer
Re: anyone play great lakes around 97-2001ish?

Does Anyone remember Peon i think it was spelt. Man I got ganked by that dude so many times cause back then my PC sucked balls. By the time I took a step I was already dead. Yeh it was that bad till I upgraded. Then the day I upgraded my PC I can remember being in Yew and running around and noone could target me as easily it was like a whole new world. And Man Magua you didnt mention Vengence or Vamp we had some good times fighting you guys I feel so left out for not getting any mention.

Sophist

Wanderer

Magua;1377040 said:
Holy shit balls, after reading 14pages of replies i've recognized alot of old names. Guess i'll give a quick rundown of myself and GL.

main name: Magua

had characters with first names such as Helios, Vaskir, Vrangex, Zylthor, Brynzal, and Fidelio...all with the last name Magua. I also had a character by the name of Ping when I was in FS! after pub16 I believe.

Originally I was running around with the GoD/DOC alliance back in shit, 98 I think? I cant remember what happened in what years anymore.

I was in V.D for its first tenure(we made a comeback in factions). Silen, Biggunz, Ashen/Lythor, Jenova(1st one who played ATL mainly), and the crew.

After Silen quit for a while I was in GoD for some time but a buddy of mine tricked TTStoner in IRC as to thinking he was actually Faux and TT gave him his acct info and he looted it, moved the GoD stone to MY lrg house's front steps, then took a Halberd to the stone in front of Silk, TT, and a bunch of game GM's...soooo needless to say I had to leave GoD after that.

Ran with FS! for the most part when Furby and Necro came back. Prior to that I played with Corruption and Hojiah mainly as we bounced around. I was briefly in A*K when it was originally known as AZZ KICKERS! but we had to change the name.

Anyways...to answer some previous questions.

Elric joined GoD toward the end of GL days when D-I was no longer around and he ran GoD with Silk mainly...up until like a year ago there was a big arguement and they left. Now Oscar and a few others basically run it...and are playing a bunch of games like Dota, SB, WoW, etc...waiting on Darkfall.

The person stating they are Elric & HCM are infact lying. HCM is like 30, and Elric as someone else said is a proud Texan well into his 20's and I still talk to him from time to time(but not much in the past year).

I still talk to Furby, Necro, Hojiah, and Corruption. We still talk to Peon, Dev, and Cryo from time to time although Peon is like...unable to game right now where he's at I believe.

I fought with/against many of the following guilds in my years, this is just some of them I can remember.

The A guy from LoP I think you're trying to think of was probably ArkanisX

M-N, DDH, DOC, SiN, D-I, GoD, B*G, VJ, VD, VC, CPT, WiN, FS!, eXm, EvI, SoV, OwN, LoP, BTH, Z^T, A*K, B*C, C:S, DaB, R-A, F^D,and oh boy theres so damn many I can't think.

For you DOC guys, any word from jugg, or Kato, or anyone else recently?

Draven, sup boi!

Onslut last I knew was running a pretty good horde guild on Laughing Skull or something of that sort I can't really remember what server but I haven't spoken to him in like a year.

Any good IRC Channels any ya'll hang out in? We should definately get one going like the ol #glpvp channel.

OR...msg board! The original D-I board, or pcgaming lol some funny ass times on those boards.

If your refering to Jugghead last time I logged onto OSI Lake Austin they where all back playing.(Roadkill) was just getting back ingame as well.( mind you this was prolly like 2 years ago now)

AddiX

Wanderer

Ballyhoo;2057955 said:
Ballyhoo/Hatred 97-00

Any old Dracul or Fellowship people still around?

Wow, This is BUTCH from Orange FS. I had an alt in you guild named ms. death too.

Are there any original FS members here? FS members who were apart of the guild when it wore purple, and than split into two guilds. One ran by Percival and the other by Pepper I believe?

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

AddiX;2152801 said:
Wow, This is BUTCH from Orange FS. I had an alt in you guild named ms. death too.

Are there any original FS members here? FS members who were apart of the guild when it wore purple, and than split into two guilds. One ran by Percival and the other by Pepper I believe?

I was in FS for a while when Sven was GM. Left before guild war patch though.

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

JabbaWockee;2144350 said:
sorry to break the news... but i played with HCM and was also in BTH and knew Publius very well.
they were friends and HCM quit and gave his characters to Publius, who attempted to impersonate him and failed miserably.

however, ive never even heard of you... odd.

That's correct. BTH was a fun fight, minus the runic weapons and tamers galore. Lol. However cheap the tactics BTH used, they never compared to the homosexuality of those that BC used.

LotharGL

Traveler

Sophist;2152619 said:
Ahhh BC I can remember plenty of Vamp BC engagements in Deciet. good times good times. can you say poison wall'ing all your newbs. I gotta ask was anyone telling them to GTFO of the poision fields?

Not every engagement goes well for any guild, i am sure i have pictures that show that goes both ways still. There were thousands of battles that i was in, Most were in our favor some were not. The best pvp that happend on GL was when the server transfers went into effect. Guilds transfered over from all shards to battle BC amongst others. Once BTH broke (the last major guild when i played last, ate it self is pretty much when the server mellowed out, mind you that woulda been 3-4 years after transfers started.

Peon was a master duelist but LB (Light Blade) was his equal in their 1v1's for that time.

More funny moments on GL for me atleast..

3 champs battling each other while 200+ people fighting over them, this was at spot 12/Ricktor

The sad attempt of a Event Manager trying to progress Lord Black Thorns saga when Doom opend up. The end result was kill him get his artifacts. Trammies to felucia = good times amongst the 400-500 other reds duking it out.

Ophidian keep battle that crashed the server. Cant even think of the hordes of people there.

The island fight we blocked every location with boats and it was a pirate war. 4-5 hours of battle people at high seas and the GM interferance was very funny.

The NPC Turrets at my house at marble. Reds/Greys would open that door trying to flee T2A and get insta dead untill a GM removed them. JD and I had well over 100 NPC archers standing on 1 tile.

Oaks spawned and BTH/FS! tried to be cute and steal oaks. 3 of us managed to lure his queen away preventing him from taking damage. We lost the inital oaks location untill we regrouped and retook after like 6 hours of battle and hording her on a boat by the originan titan spawn island above marble and only accesible by boat.

Countless Harrovers using compassion as a tamer while protected ninjaing stat scrolls because people didnt want to heal him back up to full after 2-3 self rez's.

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

LotharGL;2153212 said:
The best pvp that happend on GL was when the server transfers went into effect. Guilds transfered over from all shards to battle BC amongst others.

Peon was a master duelist but LB (Light Blade) was his equal in their 1v1's for that time.

Uhh, are we talking about the same BC? The same BC who would not think of coming out of their house unless they had 2 to 3 times the amount of numbers the opposing guild had? I'm guessing I quit UO before this server transfers thing happened, because their was only 2 guilds that came to Great Lakes as a guild to fight a GL guild. That was the Atlantic guild led by Babu and DsR led by Paladine from Chesapeake. No one came to fight BC. At least not any real PvP guilds. Maybe some roleplaying guilds like the Orcs came and fought BC. You give BC way too much credit.

As far as Peon and LB go, I'm curious to know if you're talking about Peon from 7x or Homeless Peon? Because Peon from 7x didn't play much past the time when factions came out and if I remember correctly, LB didnt go to BC till long after that. Unless of course you're referring to LB and Peon fighting in precast?

You speak highly of BC as if anyone is actually going to believe it.

Elric
Lord of Great Lakes

LotharGL

Traveler

At some point every guild house fights. At some point every guild gets over run. There are no exceptions to this. I had fun in BC just as you had fun in GoD. I speak highly of the good times i had just as you had fun in your guild.

And i could care less if any one believes me, every one has their own opinion.

LB was in BC before i joined in 99, As far which peon i do not remember. I do know they dueled randomly through the years before peon sold his account or something and LB finally left uo and went to lineage 2 with Slade, Punky and myself.

WireZ

Wanderer

I was in FS while i transferred to GL for a while, shit I lost necro's aim (was something like raceR) would like his contact details and Dev's contact details for sure! so if anyone has them plz pm me their details.
Thx

WireZ

Wanderer

Sophist;2152626 said:
Does Anyone remember Peon i think it was spelt. Man I got ganked by that dude so many times cause back then my PC sucked balls. By the time I took a step I was already dead. Yeh it was that bad till I upgraded. Then the day I upgraded my PC I can remember being in Yew and running around and noone could target me as easily it was like a whole new world. And Man Magua you didnt mention Vengence or Vamp we had some good times fighting you guys I feel so left out for not getting any mention.

Yeah I remember peon, he was good

Krime

Sorceror

Hey guys! i know none of you remember me, but i remember all of you guys! all of the greats from FS! D-I.. GoD i remember somewhat i joined right as Tram came into UO.. but i was Dramacydal, DraMaTiC, Vise of Harlem n many others.. i pvped alot but never really joined a guild.

regaurdless just wanted to say i remember you guys and its a good thing to see you still playing! seeing some of you guys pvp was like magic!.

also i remember Abe The Monk, and Ho Chi Minh,

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

LotharGL;2153628 said:
At some point every guild house fights. At some point every guild gets over run. There are no exceptions to this. I had fun in BC just as you had fun in GoD. I speak highly of the good times i had just as you had fun in your guild.

And i could care less if any one believes me, every one has their own opinion.

LB was in BC before i joined in 99, As far which peon i do not remember. I do know they dueled randomly through the years before peon sold his account or something and LB finally left uo and went to lineage 2 with Slade, Punky and myself.

No, every guild does not house fight. Maybe because Sir Bart trained his puppets to believe that house fighting was "ok", that doesnt mean every guild did.

Now, I know for a fact LB was not in BC in 1999, because he was in M-N (which stands for Mystic Nomads). So something is wrong with your time frame.

I'm glad you had fun house hiding with the rest of the BC trash, but that doesnt change the fact that BC was horrible at PvP and deserves no mention of worthiness.

LotharGL

Traveler

Your delusional thinking that only BC house fought is funny. The best of the best of all guilds all fought from their houses at some point during some fight at one point or another. To not think these people didnt sit in a guard zone, or house to fight at some point is outstanding.

I have yet to rag on any guild and yet you continue to trash my opinion. It is satisfying to know they affected you soo deeply for being such "supposed house fighters". I may add that if we always fought from houses we must of owned most of felucia's real estate because we seemed to be pretty engaged for about 2-3 years pretty solid.

In regards to LB, He had some character in BC at that time because he was good friends with Sir Bart. As to what his character name was i do not know. And yes people can have more the 1 character. So no my time frame is not wrong. I do not know when the character LB actually joined itself. in MIRC he used LB and just associated char to name. In any case irregardless of time frame i gave him and peon props to their duels.

Its good to see some of you people are still alive.

Those years were awesome on GL.

Ya wow I really didnt go thru and read all the posts from people before I posted. Theres alot of you
screwballs still playing! Lot of epic memories to be had from this game during that time period.

I went by Prophecy / Alakazim / Anger Managment back then.

OgreBTH

Wanderer

Elric[GoD];2153174 said:
That's correct. BTH was a fun fight, minus the runic weapons and tamers galore. Lol. However cheap the tactics BTH used, they never compared to the homosexuality of those that BC used.

Jabba is a guy who was supposedly in BTH yet won't tell me who he is and doesn't remember who I was which tells me he was in the guild long after the HCM account was banned. All I can say is I was playing with him before that account was on ebay and after and I can tell you that it was the same person, but this arguement is over a decade old and about as pointless as it gets. Elric it's great to see you're playing I hope all is well with you man, I miss those times on GL. I should be playing again in the next week or so, hope to see ya out there

Elric[GoD]

Wanderer

OgreBTH;2156906 said:
Jabba is a guy who was supposedly in BTH yet won't tell me who he is and doesn't remember who I was which tells me he was in the guild long after the HCM account was banned. All I can say is I was playing with him before that account was on ebay and after and I can tell you that it was the same person, but this arguement is over a decade old and about as pointless as it gets. Elric it's great to see you're playing I hope all is well with you man, I miss those times on GL. I should be playing again in the next week or so, hope to see ya out there

Hey Ogre, it's good to see you, my friend. I can honestly say that you, from what I remember of all the members in BTH, were the only one with any class.

If you need anything to help you get going, assuming you're not already established here, let me know, and I'll do what I can to help you along!