UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Brittania Prison 3/29 7:30 PM EST

hugoboss

Sorceror
Preventing Res Kills

- Wearing the deathrobe will prevent you from being attacked ...

*gets tailor to make a few base-colour, death robe lookalikes to bring to the next event*

.. j/k

Bile

Knight
*gets tailor to make a few base-colour, death robe lookalikes to bring to the next event*

.. j/k

Yeah, I thought about that, and having a predetermined safezone for both sides, but I figured those would get abused outrageously.

I figured having a 1 tile safespot would give each side the opportunity to fully resurrect and devise a plan of attack. . . instead of a continuous stream of deaths as people wait for someone to snatch up their body and dart in for the fresh res kill

Two Wolves

Knight
Yeah, I thought about that, and having a predetermined safezone for both sides, but I figured those would get abused outrageously.

I figured having a 1 tile safespot would give each side the opportunity to fully resurrect and devise a plan of attack. . . instead of a continuous stream of deaths as people wait for someone to snatch up their body and dart in for the fresh res kill

The prison island has no Healers and the town of Yew proper has no Bank. We could place a couple of designated healer characters on either side of the battle for a res/heal. That way, when they reach their body and the shroud comes off, they are ready for action.

Bile

Knight
The prison island has no Healers and the town of Yew proper has no Bank. We could place a couple of designated healer characters on either side of the battle for a res/heal. That way, when they reach their body and the shroud comes off, they are ready for action.

The problem isn't about being full life, the problem is:

Preventing Res Kills

- Granted enemies could be huddling over someones corpse waiting for them to jump off to attack, but this being so, not everyone could be at every corpse at the same time, which could lead into coordinated guild comebacks through Guild/Party Chat

This would prevent the continuous slaughter of one side and give the losing side an actual chance of making a comeback, instead of the following:

Orc #1 - Killed by Enemy
Orc #1 - Looks for Healer
Crusader #1 - Looks for Orc #2
Crusader #1 - Kills Orc #2
Crusader #1 - Returns to Orc #1 Corpse
Crusader #1 - Orc #1 Gathers Corpse, gets Assaulted, and Killed
Orc #1 - Looks for Healer
Crusader #1 - Returns to Orc #2 Corpse, gets Assaulted, and Killed
Orc #2 - Looks for Healer
Repeat
Vice Versa

What I'm trying to prevent is the continual slaughter of one side. . . There should be a window to where the losing side has a chance to get all of their members alive again and have an actual chance of a comeback.
Having a member die as another is just getting ressed will surely lead to a quick victory, especially if the teams aren't even....

serotonin

Traveler
So, seeing as the thread has been edited since I checked, we're STILL not allowed Dragon? Despite the fact the base resist + arms lore bonus + exceptional bonus is no more than any other piece of armour? It's not possible to get the "unusually high resists" without runics...

MB

Knight
A few comments regarding posts since I went to work:
  • Less than half of Barcode have or intend to particpate.
  • Barcode is split between RED and BLCK
  • I told RED to use pots, several were. Pots are PVP 101, learn to use them. I wouldn't even PVM without potions, they increase survivability exponentially.
  • The difference in suit capabilities has been removed. You will need to learn to overcome your lack of experience or organization. Nothing is stopping you from using Demise vent or other methods to communicate and work with some of your team mates.
  • How is removing Chivalry going to cripple you if you were only using it once every 5 minutes?
  • Mages will only have the upper hand if they work together.
  • Adapt. Use leather if metal armor is preventing you from succeeding.
  • I played on both sides of the battle with a mage and a dexxer. Neither side was organized
  • No Barcode left for a raid. I was in vent with them and they were fighting 'til I ended it. No raids were occurring at the time. A couple did take the fight to the outskirts in order to utilize fields.
  • This is an iterative process. We'll have to do a few 'til we get the kinks ironed out.
  • This is to have people experience the fun of PVP and learn a little about how to do it. Adapt to your obstacles.
  • If anyone would like a brief lesson on how to set up your hotkeys, template advice and what you need for this type of PVP, any of Barcode will be glad to show you, just ask

MB

Knight
All participants check the updated rules.

Everyone begin gathering at 7:00 PM EST so that each side may ready their assault/defense. I don't want folks joining at very last second this time. Crusaders bring a hearty supply of boxes.

MB

Knight
I haven't been able to contact any yet, but hopefully GMs can make a few healers around the area. Something similar to these red dots would be perfect.

brittania prison.jpg

EvilChild

Knight
What about enabling the use of:

Polar Bear Masks for Crusaders
47 total resists, 2 hpr

and

Orcish Visages for the Orcs
24 total resists
10 str, 5 stam

Both of the marties are pretty terrible and would really just be for looks. Compare them to any exceptional head gear that has 47 resists with likely better spreads.

Frasier

Sorceror
I think we should remove all the AoS+ and beyond skills from play, aside from one. . .. Focus = Dexxer (Metal) /\ (Leather) Mage = Meditation

This would be interesting. I agree with Bile.

And no any Polar Bear Masks for Crusaders or Orcish Visages for the Orcs (I prefer Visage for 10 str....)

Hell, let's just fight by wrestling. I could use my horn helmet ARRRRrrrrrrr :p

Lynae

Demise Staff Member
I have placed wandering healers at the 5 locations you requested. If there is any issues with them, PM me or page me in game and I'll get it fixed.