UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom is a joke

Ajani

Page

Xephic

Wanderer
Had a good chuckle this morning... Atleast you can solo bosses.
I still havent had a decent attempt at Miasma solo.

I'd mange better if the mobs hit harder, but the respawn timer was reduced.
Even trying to go for Dreadhorn, the respawns catch up way too fast for my liking.

Would be nice to up the monster hp/dmg and reduce respawns timer, to give some a chance.
Though this won't happen. I make cash, easy though slowly, and I enjoy it, on a multitude of specs over 4 chars.

Regards
T. Pwent

Mister Pink

Squire
There was a time when you would spend 6 months in there with no arty...

Yes. That was at a time when UO was a more relevant game and it's average player had more time to spend grinding away. There are too many options these days, and the average player is in their mid to late 20s-30s with real life obligations.

Do some people enjoy doing it? I only do it for that rare chance I get lucky, but even then it becomes intolerable after 2 rounds. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, there should be better rewards for actually playing the game. Is it truly a random chance on getting the good artifact or are there only so many ornys available a month?

Ajani

Page
Yes. That was at a time when UO was a more relevant game and it's average player had more time to spend grinding away. There are too many options these days, and the average player is in their mid to late 20s-30s with real life obligations.

Do some people enjoy doing it? I only do it for that rare chance I get lucky, but even then it becomes intolerable after 2 rounds. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, there should be better rewards for actually playing the game. Is it truly a random chance on getting the good artifact or are there only so many ornys available a month?
lots of people dont really grinf i just killed a afker that was gold farming

It's pretty much a powerball lottery.

Many different worthless artifacts with much higher roll chance to pop into your inventory, in comparison to something like AoF & Orny.

You might go your whole life without ever winning $1000+ on a scratch-off ticket, then again, tommorow might be your lucky day.

Persistence may or may not pay off, and if you dont try, you'll never ever know for sure.

P.S;

Orny and AoF should have the exact same spawn chance as any other damned artifact. I know it isn't the same if you get 5 DreamCrushers and 4 Blades that drive players to go completely Insane(blade of insanity).

silvertiger

Knight
It's pretty much a powerball lottery.

Many different worthless artifacts with much higher roll chance to pop into your inventory, in comparison to something like AoF & Orny.

You might go your whole life without ever winning $1000+ on a scratch-off ticket, then again, tommorow might be your lucky day.

Persistence may or may not pay off, and if you dont try, you'll never ever know for sure.
The difference, though, if you spend 1 hour a day in guant for a year these items are basically guaranteed with the right temp and mediocre luck 610+. There have been literally millions of people who tried this with the lottery and haven't won anything more than a few bucks. As for UO, gold farming is more profitable unless you have amazing IRL luck.

Ajani

Page
The difference, though, if you spend 1 hour a day in guant for a year these items are basically guaranteed with the right temp and mediocre luck 610+. There have been literally millions of people who tried this with the lottery and haven't won anything more than a few bucks. As for UO, gold farming is more profitable unless you have amazing IRL luck.
who here plays UO everyday for a year?

Mister Pink

Squire
Actually playing this game was never that rewarding.

Scripts always win.

I agree. People on this shard have long been about setting up their afk factories. Whether it be tailoring, inscription, farming, or at present heartwood kits. If you could effectively fund yourself by playing the game I would like to think you would see more players, but maybe the game's just too old for that. I'm curious of the 300+ people listed online how many are just performing a script of some kind. I'd wager more than half.

Last edited:

Nordon

Sorceror
To be honest, for me, the scripting part is quite fun - I think this is so for other people on the shard.
Making the perfect script that does everything with the proper loops, if's and so forth is actually quite the challenge and also quite interesting.
I might get woo'd for that, but damn it, it's why this game was (and is) interesting to me.

I am just refreshing houses nowadays and if I get back, I will be back to creating and enhancing my scripts for sure.

zulu2401

Squire
To be honest, for me, the scripting part is quite fun - I think this is so for other people on the shard.
Making the perfect script that does everything with the proper loops, if's and so forth is actually quite the challenge and also quite interesting.
I might get woo'd for that, but damn it, it's why this game was (and is) interesting to me.

I am just refreshing houses nowadays and if I get back, I will be back to creating and enhancing my scripts for sure.
The scripts are the reason you don't see any old school players on demise. Frankly it's gotten out of hand. Kraz ruined UO by releasing uosteam. It puts razor to shame as far as performance but it can also be limited by negotiating features with the server. It's all up to the shard developer to balance uosteam and pvp mechanics. As far as pvm farming. If you are doing it afk, you are breaking the rules and honestly you're just lazy as fuck. Games aren't meant to be played while you are away from your computer. Take my advice and stay in trammel if you're afk farming or I will find you. Then you will die.

MelodyTFA

Squire
The scripts are the reason you don't see any old school players on demise. Frankly it's gotten out of hand. Kraz ruined UO by releasing uosteam. It puts razor to shame as far as performance but it can also be limited by negotiating features with the server. It's all up to the shard developer to balance uosteam and pvp mechanics. As far as pvm farming. If you are doing it afk, you are breaking the rules and honestly you're just lazy as fuck. Games aren't meant to be played while you are away from your computer. Take my advice and stay in trammel if you're afk farming or I will find you. Then you will die.
I dont understand why there isnt anything in place to stop this, you go to heartwood and theres 50 chars on beetles afk scrypting archer kits, they should add spike traps or somthing between the 2 npcs or random gump that if you dont awnser question right you get insta killed...... For our part The Free Alliance has pledged to disrupte any afk scrypters activity by any legal way possible..... To bad we cant do anything agaisnt people in trammel. Im happy to see we are not alone in believing that cheating ruins the game..... If you have any suggestion on LEGAL ( we dont want to be worst the the enemis) ways to mess with people illegaly scrypting in Trammel PM me, so far we have been limited to take action agaisnt people in felucia due to kiddy rules in trammel...