UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fisherman Template Help

Barnicoat

Knight
Re: Fisherman Template Help

Yeah they're usually OK as long as you don't have 2 or 3 corpses to get caught up in while trying to chase em.

camper

Sorceror

Heh, funny this thread got an an corp cause I just got GM fishing today on my fisher :)

I was thinking for a template:
110 archery/tacts/anat
100 healing/fishing/resist
70 chiv
40 med
HH for the +20 to archery

110 str
80 dex
40 int
elf

BTW, what is the purpose of the necro added to most the templates I saw?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Barnicoat,is the Master Baiter Guild ready to sail again?

Daywolf

Sorceror

Barnicoat;780745 said:
Had wondered when someone would revive this thread. I had missed it lol.

Yeah, I can confirm that Kraken are a BIATCH when they run away. I had two run at once one time, they're hard to follow as often you have to get the boat around the corpse of a monster you've just killed, and they run for AGES. Took me like half an hour to finish off those two :\

Yeah that's why I added tracking. If I catch them before they go off screen (full coverage wide screen), it'll track them for a couple screens. imo tracking is too limited though, I mean if they get off my screen, cant get them with GM tracking at that point. Otherwise tracking is only good for detecting hidden/stealth players if you have hiding with that.

Currently I have 2 characters with:
Mage
EI
Med
SS
Focus
Track
Fish
GM no scrolls.

Both I just made last month but using the soul stone to give them both gm fishing from my existing fishermen. One was an archer (soon to be ABC) and the other an inscription, resist mage. I'll probably soulstone a couple skills out at some point, maybe drop tracking from one and ss & focus from the other. As it stands though, they are still overkill for fishing, and that is all I plan on using them for so no rush to swap skills yet.

Barnicoat;729687 said:
It's coming along, but need more advice. Making a template for fishing and getting the loot that comes along with it (and fighting the monsters)

It's either:

fishing
magery
eval
resist
meditation
archery
chiv

OR

fishing
magery
eval
resist
meditation
music
provo

Any advice on which might work better and also how to distribute stats for both of them and if I was to have chiv, would I need to GM it, or would lower work fine?

You should go with option B... but drop Provo for Hiding, drop Music for Stealth (60), drop Meditation for Ninjitsu, drop Eval for Stealing(80)... oh and most importantly, drop Magery for Snooping, use 60 left over points for Chivalry 60 and put rest of account-age points into whatever seems most important.

Finally, and ultimately the key question for your fisherman, you may want to drop Fishing for Wrestling or Fencing/Swordsmanship/Macing, depending on the type of fisherman you wish to be, and utilize a specific special move found only on the Skinning knife, Short Spear, Club Cutlass, Two-Handed Axe, Smith’s Hammer, Sledge Hammer, Dagger, Assassin Spike, or Gargish Dagger.

This is the de facto standard fisherman template, all others are faux...

...rernernber there r p1eñ+y ☻f fi§h!es in ╤he $ẹᾱ.