UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've got a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I've got a secret...

Vas Griffith said:
hah, i find id wands all the time. If you are really that desperate to id stuff, just make a new character and learn item id
hehe...at last count (after I started and stopped counting), I had killed over 100 liches with no ID wands. I know it's a scripted param, so I've no idea why it's set so low. The thing is, I *do* have a Mule with item ID, and I use him from time to time. But it's easier to just fill my house up with un-ID'd stuff than it is to log him in. In fact, I'm now working on filling up a second house with un-ID'd stuff. I know several other folks who also do this. "Fill the house, maybe fill three houses, then use Item ID on certain things if your hybrid or dexer needs a new wep.

My view is that ID wands should be very prevalent. At the same time, increase the amount of crap town vendors will buy from players (maybe reducing the payout for magic stuff...it's not like gold isn't easy to get). The reduction in item count might improve server performance. Just my $0.02.

WayZord

Wanderer

excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does Trammel mean?
My theory is that it is some kind of counterpart to Felucca.
Either way, ppl keep saying "Trammel ruined it all" so I would be happy if someone could explain the thing with Trammel.
Thx

MarcusO said:
hehe...at last count (after I started and stopped counting), I had killed over 100 liches with no ID wands. I know it's a scripted param, so I've no idea why it's set so low. The thing is, I *do* have a Mule with item ID, and I use him from time to time. But it's easier to just fill my house up with un-ID'd stuff than it is to log him in. In fact, I'm now working on filling up a second house with un-ID'd stuff. I know several other folks who also do this. "Fill the house, maybe fill three houses, then use Item ID on certain things if your hybrid or dexer needs a new wep.

My view is that ID wands should be very prevalent. At the same time, increase the amount of crap town vendors will buy from players (maybe reducing the payout for magic stuff...it's not like gold isn't easy to get). The reduction in item count might improve server performance. Just my $0.02.

well I kind of lied when i said i find them all the time. What i should say, is that i Steal them all of the time. (all the tamers got em in delucia)

Azhul

Wanderer

kottonmouth_02 said:
and i miss bk walls :(

those were some of the best times...why? i dunno...ive had many a good times on uo from many a things. But there was something about bone knight walls that was very entertaining.
It was the comraderie of the moment that made you feel good. ='(

Lorthic

Knight

WayZord said:
excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does Trammel mean?
My theory is that it is some kind of counterpart to Felucca.
Either way, ppl keep saying "Trammel ruined it all" so I would be happy if someone could explain the thing with Trammel.
Thx

Hmmmm.. compare jail to prison. That's Trammel.

Wow, that was a well thought out and well writtin post.

I agree with a good deal of it.

Iv been playing here for ooo 5 days now and am still searching for a plain ol wep vendor, or a vendor with location runebooks ect ect. that IS a direct reflection that everyone has there own mules and all. the people iv talked to and have had time to get to know all attest to that fact. there really is no "ecconomy" here.

im fighting the urge to make my own second account and become self sufficiant.

But on the lighter side.... this is the BEST free shard i have played on hands down.

Granted it needs some tweeking here and there. but all in all i enjoy my time here, and i think the staff has done a knock out job. one thing that i wonder about as far as staff goes though. i was at WBB and a GM poped up to argue with a player about her love life or some crap, she mentioned she was only 16 ect ect. now do we really have staff that young ? my only conscern is that if i put down roots here can i exscpect to have a "consistant" lvl of exspected service in my game world?

Some will say "its free, shut yer mouth." well aye it is free, but as the player base. we matter regardless, because if no player base, no shard. anyhow will close afor this starts turning into a rant. good post though.

Jesus my eyes hurt =O
I read the whole thing..
I feel kinda idiodic posting on a subject like this beause i know alot of people dont like me and are going to be wondering why the hell is this dude posting here. But as you ststed yourself , perhaps in different words, but all the same : those are the ones who make posts like yours necessary.
I agree with alot of what you said. I mean i love PvP and though i MAY not be the BEST out there..to me its a game n im just wanting to have fun. But at the same time i have a blue too.Actually i have alot of blues. And only 2 reds.And knowing that i have chars that get PKed from time to time i res someone when i kill them in a dungeon and leave a few bandaids so they can at least get out, unless they decide to talk a bunch of crap then ill just let them rot which goes back to the whole thing of its not Admin Ryan or Lord ImAtamEr its a real person there. Its not an NPC its a REAL person with REAL felings and none likes trash talkers.
As far as the community thing goes i hang out with only my friends irl because i know most people are @$$holes. Its sad that thi is how i (along with most) feel about their fellow players. Which in reality is true. Wheather your red or blue your all playing the same game.Your all trying to do the same thing :Better yourself in game and have fun. And also on the community thing , this shard is the only shard i play and i have played for a long long tme. And i am on most of the time. And the only reason i stay is because i love the shard. I love how its not one of those noob run freeshars with a players base of 15. Here you do have to work a little bit. But what would make it soo much more enjoyable is if the community was beter. People would want to be around more if they felt more welcome. You wouldnt want to be home if your parents yell at you and call you dirogatory names would you? Well call it whatever you want to call it, flame all day and whatever else u wanna do, but it wont change the fact that to sum people this is liek a second home.Thsi is one of their favorite things to do. And yes we do have friends and yes we have girlfriends and whatever else you wanna say "we need to get" but still when u like to do something you want to be able to do it and be happy not have to worry about being belittled the whole time.
Any ways thanx for your essay , very well written, and i hope it reaches the right people.

Sigler

Sorceror

Very impressive.. removing the donation system should increase the pricing of alot of things.. Dungeons dont have alot of people ethier. I went to shame.. Killed two earth elements and got around 500 gold for both.. So I recalled and went back to keg making.. Champ spawns would be very nice and power scrolls along with the spawns would bring alot more worth while pvp instead of just killing someone at GY.. But along with this it would unbalance the shard. Instead of being equal with someone and going on skill the other person would have a great advantage. I will not lie tho. When powerscrolls came out I thought it was awsome. Setup alot of worth while pvp and you could get something that sold for more then 5-10k..

just my 2 cents..

Again nice post +1 rep

BuccBob

Sorceror

i didnty get a chance to read all the replies since this thread is like 14 pages long and alot of them are crap. But i never leave Britain. why? cause thats where the people are and in turn thats where the gold is. and i have to say it really sucks that the Best thing i can get from anyone is a pair of unBlessed Bod sandles that i can sell for 100k. aside from the rare person whos got a blessed something in their bag. aside from that though, i would really like to see a stronger community too. i've come from past shards where everyone knew everyone, and ill never forget the day my boat got stolen by pirates. well known pirates at that, well well known to everyone except me any ways. but thats what we need community.

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

Back to the topic at hand. There needs to be some large scale things done for quests, and its all in the name of community. OSI had Scenarios. Which were long quests that had a purpose. And if your shard didnt finish thm, you didnt get the new content til you did. I personally see a HUGE opprotunity for this since there is a chance a new land mass is coming into play. Dig up an OSI scenario and mod it a bit or come up with something totally unique, but make sure the content is there, and make sure its just not a one night stand either. Take your time with this one.

Last night's non PvP Event that one of the players present posted some screenshots of:
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35979

If you're upset that most serverwide events are PvP tournaments, perhaps you should look at getting involved in one of the roleplaying guilds on our server. From the good to the bad to the just plain wierd, you can find an alliance that suits you. You'll also find smaller scenarios and events tailored to fiction. However, will never find neon eye candy or anything rare and unusual handed out, because the only reward for roleplaying should be the fun experience itself!

BuccBob

Sorceror

i wish i would have know tha was going on i would have went had much fun.... [e cry

Status
Not open for further replies.