UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch: 9-13-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patch: 9-13-2005

The phase thing was in the ultima PC and other game systems series. IN and Out is right. Otherwise............Lots of walking.

darthjesus said:
could someone explain that,

it means on public moongates, there will no longer be a list of towns, it will be based on the moon (or in my words....completely random)

darthjesus said:
could someone explain that,

no more prompt to see what town you want to travel to. it just spits you out in the next phase or whatever. its always in the same order so you just run in and out of the gates until you are where you want to be.

i do like that the gates are no longer guarded i guess.

Ryan, this should also mean that there is no moongate in Bucs Den, correct? Just the Vesper teleporter. That is, if "old school" is truly old school...

Trever

Wanderer

Moongates in the begining were ruled by the two moons, Trammel and Feluccia. This means, depending where these moons are, the moongates will take you to different places. They will still take you to other moongates of course, but you won't know which one anless you know the phases. I don't, but I'm sure someoen else does, and, you can always check UO sites, I'm sure its out there somewhere :p

Kenrick said:
Ryan, this should also mean that there is no moongate in Bucs Den, correct? Just the Vesper teleporter. That is, if "old school" is truly old school...

True, but then again, bux is a big pvp area, and would make more of a hassle to get there :p unless u mark a rune >.<

R

Ryan

Kenrick said:
Thou art correct

i just dont undestand the moon gate thing .... its like taking out skill locks for the sake of being old school.

it was one of the good changes.

Yay, no more Buc's gate....finally, Ryan, sorry for ever doubting you, you trully have it going on.

*rides your jock*

- a ghost -

Wanderer

So Ryan, how do people like a player hunter, a clone, and many others duel now? They ARE the top duelers, and taking away the safe zone will restrict them from dueling. Duel pits are for DUELING. If they can't duel, the duel pits are pointless. If you restrict reds from being able to freely sit and duel in the pits, the dueling board will be misleading because they won't even be able to duel. Because if I can recall, most of the best duelers ARE red.

Lord Brandon

Wanderer

moongates are how noobs get around when they cant gate this is just gonna make the game harder on noobs because now all the reds who have houses at the gates are gonna be able to kill them over and over without any fears, and most peoples dueling chars are red so its gonna be really hard to duel when thieves can freely run up and rob you in town and any blue can attack

- a ghost - said:
So Ryan, how do people like a player hunter, a clone, and many others duel now? They ARE the top duelers, and taking away the safe zone will restrict them from dueling. Duel pits are for DUELING. If they can't duel, the duel pits are pointless. If you restrict reds from being able to freely sit and duel in the pits, the dueling board will be misleading because they won't even be able to duel. Because if I can recall, most of the best duelers ARE red.

Macro your coutns and become a blue dueler, why be a dueler and be red? fuck...

Make another char red for PKing....

simple?

FLD said:
NOOO plse not that moongate system it REALLY sux

yeah i agree ... i mean maybe we are missing something ... what was bad or "trammy" about the town list.

while ill miss being able to "park" my red at the duel pits, i can see where del pond had a big impact on peoples play. im not sure if the impact was all bad, but that's a seperate issue and i can certainly see the point. but how did a town list effect the game in any other way than a minor convenience?

Apathos

Wanderer

- a ghost - said:
Duel pits are for DUELING. .

Exactly, and not as a safe haven to attack from, which is what they are used for primarily. Del pond is the best example there is of how the system is being abused.

- a ghost - said:

True..

Status
Not open for further replies.