UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Knight
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

Brilliant;1587039 said:
There are tons of reds on Hybrid. Being red used to mean something. It was hard, only the best PKers could flourish with the restrictions and stat loss--now any talentless newbie-ganker can be red with no penalties. Also, it makes no sense that guards would stand by idly and watch blues get slaughtered by murderers who chase them into the middle of town.

I love how all the reds turn into such whiny carebears, wanting the rules to bend over and pander to them even when it makes no sense. I personally wouldn't mind player calling "guards" on reds in guardzones, but I'm not a fan of the NPC insta-kill for wandering a step over the border.

Well said.

Zieen

Wanderer

Brilliant;1587039 said:
There are tons of reds on Hybrid. Being red used to mean something. It was hard, only the best PKers could flourish with the restrictions and stat loss--now any talentless newbie-ganker can be red with no penalties. Also, it makes no sense that guards would stand by idly and watch blues get slaughtered by murderers who chase them into the middle of town.

I love how all the reds turn into such whiny carebears, wanting the rules to bend over and pander to them even when it makes no sense. I personally wouldn't mind player calling "guards" on reds in guardzones, but I'm not a fan of the NPC insta-kill for wandering a step over the border.
OMG thank you. I didn't even think to point out that the reds whom are so adamantly against this were no better than the 'carebears' they live to despise.

Re: Why?

Gaiden;1587033 said:
I have to ask why? Let the players police the towns if they see a red and desire him/her dead let them handle it. Just my opinion but I think this is the kind of stuff that ruined UO for a great deal of us. Reds are what makes this game fun for many of us they keep you on your toes, they make your BP go crazy they make the game more of a challenge. If it wasn't for reds the game would be extremely boring. By doing the changes listed above you are only hurting the red population thus reducing the amount of reds.

I agree, we need a change to encourage more reds.

Brilliant;1587039 said:

I love how all the reds turn into such whiny carebears, wanting the rules to bend over and pander to them even when it makes no sense. I personally wouldn't mind players calling "guards" on reds in guardzones, but I'm not a fan of the NPC insta-kill for wandering a step over the border.

<3 ye

M-Demon

Wanderer

Lintaglen;1586998 said:
fucking trammy bullshit...

If this goes through, I'm certain the next pansy thing they will want to put in is the other red nerf...

When reds died in OSI back in the day, all their skills and stats where cut in half for a 5 minute period, rendering them useless and easy marks for res kills.

If this goes through, say good bye to 25% or more of your server population. Not like the server hasn't been deteriorating anyways... but hey.. makes IdoC hunting even more profitable.

This is hilarious. I've actually witnessed players on this server coming into this thread and saying that reds/pks/murderers NOT allowed in town is TRAMMIFIED? Do you even know what trammel is? Obviously not.

Reds from 1997 until current (as far as I know) have NEVER been allowed in town on OSI except for on one shard, Siege (which followed it's own radical ruleset so it's hard to compare it to the rest of UO shards).

Allowing reds in town and NOT giving them stat loss is more a step towards noobified/trammelish behavior. Get with the program. As for stat-loss, it was not created to "trammify" anything. Trammel wasn't around until a number of years after the damn Reputation patch. Stat-loss was implemented to make PKing risky. This way not everyone was a red running around with no consequence. And the system worked fine.

Some of you guys post about terms you don't even understand. On subjects you don't even know about. Being red was bad ass - but it wasn't a cake walk. Do remember on OSI you could be a red without stat loss as long as you followed your kill counts.

KraCKa

Sorceror

i hate it...its bad enough how many blues stand at the guards lines already to talk shit, but at least now when they get ballsy enough to attack u can actually chase them in...this only encourages more town hiding blue guilds that only come out when they think they might can win, if if they dont just run back to the line

Gaiden

Wanderer
Re: Why?

Mark;1587037 said:
If you don't like the idea, that's fine. But don't say 'this change ruined UO'. This is how it's always been on every other shard since the game was created.
Mark what I said was:
this is the kind of stuff that ruined UO for a great deal of us.
I can't remember the exact order things started changing because frankly it was to damn long ago, I can remember being a Dread Lord on Baja back in 97 being able to loot anything and everything including houses back then there was no such thing as lock downs. I also remember running into any town killing anyone I desired with no consequences. Then came stat loss I think and shortly after Trammel, keep in mind this was 10 years ago so I may have my exact time frame on how things change a little off.

I think what you guys have here is great, I really enjoy playing UO again, sure I would like to see Dread Lords brought back but hey that's another discussion. When I said this is the type stuff that ruined UO for me all the things listed above is what drove me from playing UO.

I just do not wish to see a lot of stiff changes regarding reds that eventually drive away that particular player base. I think it takes both types of players playing UO to make this still the greatest game ever.

The Noid

Wanderer

M-Demon;1587059 said:
This is hilarious. I've actually witnessed players on this server coming into this thread and saying that reds/pks/murderers NOT allowed in town is TRAMMIFIED? Do you even know what trammel is? Obviously not.

Reds from 1997 until current (as far as I know) have NEVER been allowed in town on OSI except for on one shard, Siege (which followed it's own radical ruleset so it's hard to compare it to the rest of UO shards).

Allowing reds in town and NOT giving them stat loss is more a step towards noobified/trammelish behavior. Get with the program. As for stat-loss, it was not created to "trammify" anything. Trammel wasn't around until a number of years after the damn Reputation patch. Stat-loss was implemented to make PKing risky. This way not everyone was a red running around with no consequence. And the system worked fine.

Some of you guys post about terms you don't even understand. On subjects you don't even know about. Being red was bad ass - but it wasn't a cake walk. Do remember on OSI you could be a red without stat loss as long as you followed your kill counts.

Wow, do you also write lengthy diatribes when people refer to something as gay, when they really just mean bad?

You do realize that calling someone a trammie just means "you suck" or "youre a noob" right?

Also congratulations on playing UO when it came out, certainly you were the only one on this shard to do that. Please tell us ALL about OSI UO, cause I'm sure we haven't played it.

no , its awesome walking through town as a red it makes the game more fun for reds. Plus this shard is an ultimate PvP and Pk shard. And i was just wondering is this only for the Bank sitters cause whats the point in doing it just for that reason when reds travel in every city bank sitters live at brit bank. and another thing would be the red factioners. red factioners cant walk in town so if they are chacing a blue factioner and they hide in town what happens then? i think u guys will loose alot of players but maybe not just suggesting thats all. cause u could of just made trammel if the bank sitters didnt want reds.

Gaiden

Wanderer

Armadillo Rage;1587038 said:
Yeah, maybe...like bucks and ocllo there could be just 2 towns where reds are killed on sight...could work maybe...
How about make 2 towns where blues are killed on sight? Or if they attack a red a red could call guards on them.

Blesum

Wanderer

and you guys think this is gonna encourage more reds? no this is going to encourge less pk cuz all you noob blue trammies are gonna guard hide like OSI noobs always did and as most people do now, but atleast reds can chase and rape a blue in town if that blue attacks the red which turns him grey only to the red(s) that he attacked... so cutting reds from going into town at all will make all these noob blues go out ebolt and run back into town causing alot of people to stop playing...
and at any rate, blues can attack reds in town without being guard wacked so whats the problem? this whole thing is just going to encourge all reds to have a blue gate them into town and 3-10 reds will come in gate, and ebolt/fs or some crap on 1 person and bust them down, and we know how you all hate that because i hear alot of people whine about it every day...

Mepis

Wanderer

They exist Gaiden

Bucc's Den will = instant blue death if the changes happen.

Gaiden;1587070 said:
How about make 2 towns where blues are killed on sight? Or if they attack a red a red could call guards on them.

would be kinda interesting if bucks and ocllo went that way...
and i dont think its just bank sitters that like this...or would like some sort of penalties for reds...

and Mepis is right. that would happen. haha.

Zieen

Wanderer

I know there are some reds about that are capable of forming their thoughts into coherent sentences. Reds with the ability to use reason and form thoughtful opinions. Where are these reds? It seems like the majority of replies in opposition to these changes are just 'shouting out' internet vulgarities at anyone who would dare to oppose their views.

I know not all the posts have been this way, but attacking legitimate arguments with flames is just silly. It's hard to take you seriously when your posts are laced with sarcasm and flames.

Endless Darc

Wanderer

I think the grace period would be nice but if a blue attacks that red in town the red should be able to chase him down (the red would prolly get ganked but that happens now) And perhaps if a red and blue are fighting, just so the blue cant just run in town and heal up, You should enable a timer or such to where the blue cant go into town.

KraCKa

Sorceror

M-Demon;1587059 said:

so its less trammelfied to allow someone to stand 2 tiles away and be able to attack u and talk shit, knowing that you cant walk 2 tiles and do anything about it?

As for stat loss...it was several years before trammel, it was also designed in a time when u couldnt be 2 hit killed, you couldnt be para-blowed 3 hits in a row, im pretty sure i never remember getting chased by 3 dexers chuckin pots back then with special hits, i dont ever remember gettin EXPlode, stun, all kill, fs'd back then, hmm i dont think i was ever bola'd with 3 tamers and 3 mares on me, basically luck played alot less of a role back then

Everyone complaining about it beeing so easy playin a red, are mostly the same guys standing inside the guard lines spamming "guards"

bfddlolwtf

Sorceror

M-Demon;1587059 said:

Oh I agree it's definitely not Trammel with reds not being allowed in town. That's definitely like the old days, but I'm a big fan of Siege rules as I played there a ton. I can definitely agree with reds not chasing blues into town after the RED has intiated combat with a BLUE(not oj) outside of town, but vice versa it should be ok.

Endless Darc;1587079 said:
I think the grace period would be nice but if a blue attacks that red in town the red should be able to chase him down (the red would prolly get ganked but that happens now) And perhaps if a red and blue are fighting, just so the blue cant just run in town and heal up, You should enable a timer or such to where the blue cant go into town.

I Kinda like the Blue Timer Idea. cause if a blue attacks they shouldnt be able to run and hide in town.

The Noid

Wanderer

Armadillo Rage;1587089 said:
I Kinda like the Blue Timer Idea. cause if a blue attacks they shouldnt be able to run and hide in town.
you mean like exactly how it is right now?

mmm....yeah

GimpCent

Knight

Why do reds want to be in guard zones anyways?

Bankers won't let reds bank why should guards let player killers into town?

Heavy, last I knew we didn't have a red problem we had more of a player problem currently

Status
Not open for further replies.