UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SERVER NEEDS A CUB OR TOT EVENT

Mario-Demise

Sorceror
Why did they even stop tots in the first place
All the L tots are shit anyway and the gtots only 3–4 of them are worth anything remotely useful.
And what's wrong with dying your gear lol

Bama

Bug Huntress
Every time OSI had the ToT event they had dyes available
They had the event 3 times

Pigments of Tokuno (Lesser) An unlabeled/uncoloured pigment that removes colouration from the targeted artifact. Came with 10 uses in the first two events, but just one in the third. Available in all events thus far.
Pigments of Tokuno (Greater, Neon) Available only during the first event, with 50 uses per bottle.
Pigments of Tokuno (Lesser, Earthen) Unlabeled pigments which came in 30 different colours during the second event. Each bottle had a single use.
Pigments of Tokuno (Greater, Metal) Available only during the second event, with 10 uses per bottle. Most colours in this set can still be purchased via the Japanese UO website with 50 uses. URL?
Pigments of Tokuno (Lesser, Coloured) Available only during the third event, with one use per bottle.

Bama

Bug Huntress
ToTs on OSI?
http://www.uoguide.com/Treasures_of_Tokuno#Treasures_of_Tokuno_I

Here are the facts:

1. The first Treasures of Tokuno period began on February 9, 2005 (the redemption period began shortly thereafter, on March 17, 2005). Treasures of Tokuno I ended on May 2, 2005.
  2. The second Treasures of Tokuno period began on Friday, September 29, 2006.
  3. The third Treasures of Tokuno period began on June 18, 2009 and is currently scheduled to run until July 31, 2009.
The end of the second event is hard to pin down. According to an update.uo.com/fyi.html, the second event came to a close on the Napa Valley shard on October 19, 2006. However, a BNN article published on October 18, 2006 stated that "even though the number of monsters carrying her treasures is dwindling, urges you to continue standing vigilante. ...[M]ay you find reward in your victories. Allegedly, the second event ran to the end of the month on all other production shards.

It is also alleged that from October 7, 2006 to the end of the month, the drop item mixture was changed; minor pigments were either the predominant or the only drops.

Bama

Bug Huntress
I heard stories about many many many many ................................. many months

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/450851/page-2#post-3578663

Here are PSZ's words posted in 2010

Actually, ToT's don't enter into it: OSI had ToTs three times, but only for VERY short times. Demise had ToTs for *LONGER* than OSI's COMBINED three ToT events did, so it's a moot point. As it stands on OSI: If you were to join OSI now, YOU WOULD NOT GET NEW TOTS. Period. Stop bringing it up.

saud

Sorceror

Actually, ToT's don't enter into it: OSI had ToTs three times, but only for VERY short times. Demise had ToTs for *LONGER* than OSI's COMBINED three ToT events did, so it's a moot point. As it stands on OSI: If you were to join OSI now, YOU WOULD NOT GET NEW TOTS. Period. Stop bringing it up.

Some of my thoughts have changed from 6 years ago.

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror

Some of my thoughts have changed from 6 years ago.
You'll have to remind 60% of this shard who Psz is

Spicy Meatball

Wanderer
heres why you should run these types of events because new players think demise sucks its loot packs are shitty and 2 its not osi when you retards figure this out maybe you will have a stable population demise is a shitty server most people are leaving

Wreakage-

Sorceror
heres why you should run these types of events because new players think demise sucks its loot packs are shitty and 2 its not osi when you retards figure this out maybe you will have a stable population demise is a shitty server most people are leaving

A lot of people have left, could just be the snowbirds tho. Who knows?

Xionu

Sorceror
It's not OSI, I believe they are on Stygian Abyss...
Our population is actually fair, the problem isn't keeping new people, it's keeping the old players.
But new people do become old players eventually, and they quit after years of playing. Welcome to a 15 year old game that is frozen in time for us :)

Mister Pink

Squire

I played a shard where afk fishing was the most profitable way to get gold. Eventually the shard was spewing with afk fishers and even though the population count looked fine the shard was dieing. This shard is about setting up your afk factory. Honestly it has been that way for a while. It's good that people can get set up this way, but I think playing the game could/should be more profitable. Loot drops on monsters not easily afk-able should be increased. Same with artifact chance in doom. There are enough shitty ones that the value of artifacts wouldn't tank overnight. When someone earns an item it helps them become more invested in this server. I'm ok with diverging from Osi also as long as it doesn't get too silly. Custom monsters in not often traveled dungeons would be the extent of the custom content I'd want. Essentially what Halloween town and Christmas town offer, but in Hythloth and other not so often traveled places. Preferrebly Fel only.

This game is old and like other people I'm more active in fall/winter than spring/summer. Maybe staff is the same way.

silvertiger

Knight
I played a shard where afk fishing was the most profitable way to get gold. Eventually the shard was spewing with afk fishers and even though the population count looked fine the shard was dieing. This shard is about setting up your afk factory. Honestly it has been that way for a while. It's good that people can get set up this way, but I think playing the game could/should be more profitable. Loot drops on monsters not easily afk-able should be increased. Same with artifact chance in doom. There are enough shitty ones that the value of artifacts wouldn't tank overnight. When someone earns an item it helps them become more invested in this server. I'm ok with diverging from Osi also as long as it doesn't get too silly. Custom monsters in not often traveled dungeons would be the extent of the custom content I'd want. Essentially what Halloween town and Christmas town offer, but in Hythloth and other not so often traveled places. Preferrebly Fel only.

This game is old and like other people I'm more active in fall/winter than spring/summer. Maybe staff is the same way.
I agree with everything you just said. We have already diverged from the OSI model and I think a really really tough monster that hits for 150 melee after resists, 120+ ranged after resists, extra dmg vs pets, and has decent drops would be great. Open up the teh mur region for custom crap. Have a gump open up saying warning instant death awaits. The demise staff have a real opportunity with the numbers we generate. As it stands right now probably the toughest monster/creature we have is a paragon greater dragon. What's the reward for killing this beasty? Normal loot and maybe a minor aos arty. I'm not sure if anyone has soloed one of them, but it is a starting/reference point. Make us creatures that take a team effort.

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
I agree with everything you just said. We have already diverged from the OSI model and I think a really really tough monster that hits for 150 melee after resists, 120+ ranged after resists, extra dmg vs pets, and has decent drops would be great. Open up the teh mur region for custom crap. Have a gump open up saying warning instant death awaits. The demise staff have a real opportunity with the numbers we generate. As it stands right now probably the toughest monster/creature we have is a paragon greater dragon. What's the reward for killing this beasty? Normal loot and maybe a minor aos arty. I'm not sure if anyone has soloed one of them, but it is a starting/reference point. Make us creatures that take a team effort.
I second this, but it would be cool to have less ridiculously strong monsters, but with more strategic fights. IE: boss drops conflag pots that you can't stand in, invincible until one of its adds drops a potion you have to drink, turns pets against you, etc. more fun fights, less solo content