UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Publish

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Re: Shard Publish

kilo said:
I think ppl like the old version more then the new. just because a few gms would like to pvp in dungeons etc. is not a reason to change the whole map. you fucking jackass. wthell did u do to destard. change that shit back.dumbass. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. fuck that .suck it up. is that what u say to your gf after getting head. fuck you and change it back.

NJ :gay: now :foff:

Darwoth

Wanderer

perhaps im missing something but i just finished hopping around to all of the previous high end dungeons and its incredibly dumb from my point of view, tweaking things a bit is cool, completely ruining all of the dungeons is not.

why is destard now filled with lizardmen and gargoyles instead of dragons?

virtually everything seems to have been replaced either with pointless weak spawns (wtf is the point of mongbats on the 3rd level of previously high end dungeons?) or shit that is magic heavy and drops jack shit as far a loot goes thereby not worth killing.

as far as champion spawns go, what will they be dropping? it was stated that no powerscrolls would drop (thankfully), i really hope that also means artifacts or other rare items useful in pvp will also NOT be found on these.

i do not understand the reasoning behind severing a large part of the old school feel that myself and many others enjoy to throw things upside down, and as far as champion spawns go there are spawn points in t2a for all of them so why not just put them there instead of shitting all over those of us who enjoy the classic dungeons as they were?

bleh whatever, your shard can do what you want with it obviously, but i personally see this change, at least to the magnitude that it is, as driving players away rather than attracting them.

R

Ryan

Darwoth said:
perhaps im missing something but i just finished hopping around to all of the previous high end dungeons and its incredibly dumb from my point of view, tweaking things a bit is cool, completely ruining all of the dungeons is not.

Nothing was ruined.

Darwoth said:
why is destard now filled with lizardmen and gargoyles instead of dragons?

Go to the second floor...

Darwoth said:
virtually everything seems to have been replaced either with pointless weak spawns (wtf is the point of mongbats on the 3rd level of previously high end dungeons?) or shit that is magic heavy and drops jack shit as far a loot goes thereby not worth killing.

Go to the lower floors.

Darwoth said:
as far as champion spawns go, what will they be dropping? it was stated that no powerscrolls would drop (thankfully), i really hope that also means artifacts or other rare items useful in pvp will also NOT be found on these.

Champ spawn drops will be a surprise. None of the AOS crap will be dropped.

Darwoth said:
i do not understand the reasoning behind severing a large part of the old school feel that myself and many others enjoy to throw things upside down, and as far as champion spawns go there are spawn points in t2a for all of them so why not just put them there instead of shitting all over those of us who enjoy the classic dungeons as they were?

Nothing about those dungeons was classic.

The world spawn on Hybrid was litterly a 1 night rush job. This was 3 months of work, tweaking, playing testing and ensuring a fun but challenging experience.

It will require constant tweaking now that 1000 players are in the world but that's what our job is. Your job is to play it and not bitch but provide feedback after you've actually done it.

Darwoth said:
bleh whatever, your shard can do what you want with it obviously, but i personally see this change, at least to the magnitude that it is, as driving players away rather than attracting them.

You're new, you dont know what changes like this do to this shard.

Thanks,
Ryan

Darwoth

Wanderer

im not new, been here off and on with the same account for 507 days now. as far as UO emulators in general i played on ipy from start to finish and came here when azeroth shut it down. i returned in the past 2 weeks to scope things out and secure a house/guildstone as it was/is my intention to bring my world of warcraft guild over here to play as a secondary game and allow our fans and friends from other servers or factions the opportunity to run with us for a while before the release of darkfall online.

anyhow im not going to get into a pissing match and go back and forth quoting each other with the administrator of the server, and i dont know why your so defensive when i think my post was rather benign and nonconfrontational so ill just agree to disagree.

hopefully the next publish wont see a button that says "trammel" on the moongate, right before being instagibbed via guards on my red upon running into town, causing me to read the statloss message instead of the upcoming samurai empire patch notes =P

aside from this (imo terrible) change hats off to you for work on the server, remember if people arent bitching they dont care, and if they dont care your not doing a good job.

R

Ryan

Darwoth said:
im not new, been here off and on with the same account for 507 days now. as far as UO emulators in general i played on ipy from start to finish and came here when azeroth shut it down. i returned in the past 2 weeks to scope things out and secure a house/guildstone as it was/is my intention to bring my world of warcraft guild over here to play as a secondary game and allow our fans and friends from other servers or factions the opportunity to run with us for a while before the release of darkfall online.

anyhow im not going to get into a pissing match and go back and forth quoting each other with the administrator of the server, and i dont know why your so defensive when i think my post was rather benign and nonconfrontational so ill just agree to disagree.

hopefully the next publish wont see a button that says "trammel" on the moongate, right before being instagibbed via guards on my red upon running into town, causing me to read the statloss message instead of the upcoming samurai empire patch notes =P

aside from this (imo terrible) change hats off to you for work on the server, remember if people arent bitching they dont care, and if they dont care your not doing a good job.

I wasnt really trying to be confrontational at all I was just answering things.

You need to actually play this change before you comment on it.

Darwoth said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but how is harder spawn even compareable to Trammel?

Lynyrd

Knight

kilo said:
I think ppl like the old version more then the new. just because a few gms would like to pvp in dungeons etc. is not a reason to change the whole map. you fucking jackass. wthell did u do to destard. change that shit back.dumbass. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. fuck that .suck it up. is that what u say to your gf after getting head. fuck you and change it back.
lol raged.

I think the changes are rad, although I am disappointed that I will not be able to farm 120 Ninjitsu powerscrolls. What the fuck is that? I need to finish my ninja stealth archer of necromancy before I can do any real PvP. Come on, guys.

CowboyP

Wanderer

I'm down with the new spawns in the dungeons. I rarely go there anyways, so maybe this will make me go more often. My only complaint is with SOME of the overland spawn. Someone tell me why we need 3 bears, 2 cows, 4 dogs, 3 snakes, and a dire wolf all hudled together? And I dont mean in one spot either, I saw shit like that all over the place. I cant help but think that has got to be a waste of resources on the server.

Also, where the hell are all the wandering healers? In my travels today, I did not see ONE. I got my ass owned by a shadow wyrm, which was very cool, but I had to run all the way to the desert to get rezed. There used to be a healer always around my house and now he's gone. He was my friend. Let him come back.

Neijek

Wanderer

ya, i got a post going on the general forums about things like that. post locations and such and it will help out.

Danny Boy

Wanderer

I haven't played this shard in a while; I think this change is actually quite nice since it brings back the whole PvM aspect of the game - It won't be like guys going out w/ tamers making 500k/day recalling each n every gazer/ele spot etc... In my opinion this change was good, it doesnt really disrupt anyone other than the people who really wanted easy gold.

Just a quick question for ryan. Ever thought about bringing some of the new animals and mounts to this shard. Like maybe a Fire Steed, Skel Steed, Dark Steed. It would be nice to see some new mounts around, seems like everyone has an ethy.

Stevian

Wanderer

Thanks so much Ryan, as a very avid PvMer, I love that there are plentiful amounts of spawns on all levels (Im a bard, and need two monsters to fight effectively at least) I love even more that solo pvp'ers will no longer be able to dungeon hop everywhere. As a side note will this make runes marked to lower level dungeons sell better? I was quite suprised when I hopped into Despise level 2 today. XD

I dont think people will be able to get enough players to take on 15 liches at the same time or 20 gargoyles. Thats jsut too many magic casting enemies. I went through some of the dungeons today and havent seen a single player anywhere. I think it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdone. I did see some nice spots i do admit which will make gold farming even easier, but i hardly think this will brg players together. They are going to want to keep these rare new spots to themselves. Atleast hythloth level 4 still isnt overdone, i was expecting like 5 balrons with what i was seeing. Also alot of spots look very unproffessional. An example is fire dungeon. There is no mixing of monsters. Its just lich spawn fire ele spawn followed by fire snake spawn all looking liek they were jsut plopped there with no thought. (and all obviously from a single spawner).

Flipper

Knight

IconoftheLegion said:
I dont think people will be able to get enough players to take on 15 liches at the same time or 20 gargoyles. Thats jsut too many magic casting enemies. I went through some of the dungeons today and havent seen a single player anywhere. I think it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdone. I did see some nice spots i do admit which will make gold farming even easier, but i hardly think this will brg players together. They are going to want to keep these rare new spots to themselves. Atleast hythloth level 4 still isnt overdone, i was expecting like 5 balrons with what i was seeing. Also alot of spots look very unproffessional. An example is fire dungeon. There is no mixing of monsters. Its just lich spawn fire ele spawn followed by fire snake spawn all looking liek they were jsut plopped there with no thought. (and all obviously from a single spawner).

Yeah, I think some of the stuff is really hard, but when you think about it, it will bring new life to the PvM endgame. Instead of sitting at brit bank or farming elder gazers, you can go out with some friends and do some hard, coordinated PvM against a real challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.