UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOG: Hybrid Revolution

typh

Sorceror
Re: UOG: Hybrid Revolution

i dont see why there is all the complaining about the current pvp system on hybrid, it is known as a pvp shard, which makes it hardcore, there is no trammel, but entirely fel. i think it adds intensity to the game, where you dont really feel safe anywhere so you're always immersed in the game. also the losses when you die add to the environment as well, so if you die you lose a vanq or stats temporarily (if faction), or you lose regs, armor, gold you were carrying, it just adds to the game.

i come from a background of playing diablo 2 hardcore online, where if you died you lost your character entirely, and all the 1337 items you had on you.

IMO that is real gameplay, vs. WOW where if you die you dont lose anything. ultimately there is no point to those games once you have gotten the highest level character and all the good items, you burn out on the game. hybrid has some resistance to that because if you die you can lose like 50k worth of items in one death etc.

also, i dont see why there are complaints against alchys because throwing pots is a hard skill to master so if there is a good alchy pk that can drop on you like mad while youre running then you deserve to die. there are many melee chars that could still take out an alchy.

getting ganked is gay but i guarantee after a few months of it you will guild up and do the same.

the only thing i would say that could be improved are dungeon loots.
for example: you can go to the minoc dungeon and kill 3 solen warriors to make apprx. 900 gold, and they are easy kills; kill one dragon and it drops 750?? what?? or an ancient liche dropping 1.2??? hmm,,, kill 4 solens or an ancient lich...?

i think this is why we see a large banksitting community, because the economy is skewed towards the crafting skills, so there is really no reason to go to dungeons, especially when theres a fair chance you will be ganked.
so basically we have a bunch of veteran, rich banksitters, and nubs that get ganked in dungeons. lol.

typh;1617551 said:
where you dont really feel safe anywhere so you're always immersed in the game.

hahahahahahahahahaah
UOG is SAFE AS, no one likes using reds, they are few and scarce, cause the 'hardcore' pvpers would rather sit at del ponds on blue characters that hoarde points instead of pvping.

Gamers is TOO safe, it's getting close to trammel....... IMO factions really has ruined pvp a bit.

Anyways hooray for Divinity, it has populated our dungeons, made gold farming worth while, and you are safe NO WHERE.

Stides40oz

Knight

divinity pvp is boring in my opinion. Its like street fighter 1 where u could only play as ryu or ken (2 pvp templates which is more like 1 cuz one swings a hally and one shoots arrows).
Hybrid is like street fighter 2 where there are many chars to choose from (like 16+ viable pvp templates with completey different fighting styles)

Divinity is black and white tv while hybrid is HD Flatscreen

Stides;1617570 said:
divinity pvp is boring in my opinion. Its like street fighter 1 where u could only play as ryu or ken (2 pvp templates which is more like 1 cuz one swings a hally and one shoots arrows).
Hybrid is like street fighter 2 where there are many chars to choose from (like 16+ viable pvp templates with completey different fighting styles)

Divinity is black and white tv while hybrid is HD Flatscreen

ROFL. Good stuff.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Hate8;1617378 said:
Everyone can be rich on Hybrid if they want to, I can make arround 2 mils everyday.. I made 12 mils in not even a week a month ago, stop crying about being poor and play instead of whining on the forum

That's impressive. Would you mind telling me how? If it's luck-based like poker or through means of donating it's not really my thing. I don't like scamming either.

The reason we have so many haters is because a big majority of hybrid has newbs that started after OSI went to shit or on some kind of lame Sphere server. If you were around back when this game was in its prime you would understand the value of Divinity.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

Stides;1617570 said:

Hybrid definitely has more viable templates, no doubt. But it's gotta make you curious as to why so many people still take Divinity over Hybrid..

For me:

No punkte whores
No blessed vanqs
No mounts (and bolas I guess)
No bonded pets
Group fights are more interesting with instahit (healing is huuuuge)
etc...

I don't argue that Hybrid is a great shard. It's a difference of taste in the end. I'm sure the populations will both stabilize near each other soon..

Mazer;1617696 said:
Hybrid definitely has more viable templates, no doubt. But it's gotta make you curious as to why so many people still take Divinity over Hybrid..

For me:

No punkte whores
No blessed vanqs
No mounts (and bolas I guess)
No bonded pets
Group fights are more interesting with instahit (healing is huuuuge)
etc...

I don't argue that Hybrid is a great shard. It's a difference of taste in the end. I'm sure the populations will both stabilize near each other soon..

No it is because of the fresh start.. How many of those items existed on Divinity before 2.0.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

LeGiOn-hybrid;1617697 said:
No it is because of the fresh start.. How many of those items existed on Divinity before 2.0.

Wth are you talking about?

The shard wasn't wiped.

LeGiOn-hybrid;1617697 said:

With everyone reply you make, it seems you refuse to believe that there are people who can find Divinity to be fun for them and their new home shard no matter who defends it or who tosses up pros & cons.

If someone says the economy is fine, you reply with "give it time".
If someone says PvP is going great there, you reply with "fuck no mounts and no purple pots" or something of that nature.
If someone says that crafting has value, you reply with "for now".
If someone says that PvM is worthwhile on Divinity, you reply with "It'll soon change"

What gives with you?

No matter what people with say with good intentions about Divinity, you seem to reply to it with something negative.

If you don't/didn't find it fun for you, accept that others do.
I don't play Hybrid anymore but I'm not on Hybrid's forums yelling that it's fucking horrible or finding nit-picky ass ways to make players here try to leave for Divinity either.

To each their own, there are people who find each shard more fun than the other. THAT is a fact and not a single negative post by anyone can change that.

Because it is a thread about Hybrid and people keep bringing up Divinity. All my post are in defense of Hybrid on the HYBRID boards.. Funny how everyone can come here and trash Hybrid but the minute I say something about divinity it is blasphemy..

Like I said in the other thread..

<--- Divinity Boards are that way.. Go thrash Hybrid over there.

Blacula-

Wanderer

JamesD88;1617448 said:
Then they'll have to fix weapon damage and successful connection chances to make those warriors out there have a fighting chance. Sorry if you can't get enough gold to buy the weapons, nor earn them yourself.

"Welcome to UO Gamers, an Ultima Online free shard offering you an experience like no other.

UO Gamers is set in the Publish 15/16 era." (www.uogamers.com)

Lets take a Look back at History (taken from the UO website):

The Faction System - Faction Introduction Dec 6 2000 12:40PM CST
This is the Faction System Introduction, part 1 of 3 documents

"Bulk Order Deeds Nov 30 2001 4:38PM CST
A system that gives crafters (in this case, blacksmiths) the chance to fulfill bulk orders of specified items in return for extra rewards"

"Publish 15 Updates and Bug Fixes Jan 10 2002 10:56AM CST
Publish 15 will include various updates and bug fixes, specifically in the categories of"

Its not about being able to afford them or not, I assure you I can afford them. I never said take runics out of the game, just make them unblessable, afterall its supposed to be risk vs reward. If you don't think alchy dexxers are overpowered, you sir are dumb. I was on my scribe while wearing armor, put reactive up, and it was down in 2 hits, while getting hit for 40-60dmg a hit + expo pots.

Also, expo pot aoe should hit EVERYONE, sure, its a good way of killing someone (some say overpowered) but you shouldnt be able to just spam them over and over without the risk of hitting blues. Don't get me wrong, I like playing alchy mages, but it shouldnt be required to have it to PvP. For those of you who know me, you know I'm not saying this because I'm bad with explosion pots, I guarantee I can kill 99.9% of the shard with them, np.

Kitchen_

Sorceror

Blacula-;1617802 said:
Its not about being able to afford them or not, I assure you I can afford them. I never said take runics out of the game, just make them unblessable, afterall its supposed to be risk vs reward. If you don't think alchy dexxers are overpowered, you sir are dumb. I was on my scribe while wearing armor, put reactive up, and it was down in 2 hits, while getting hit for 40-60dmg a hit + expo pots.

Also, expo pot aoe should hit EVERYONE, sure, its a good way of killing someone (some say overpowered) but you shouldnt be able to just spam them over and over without the risk of hitting blues. Don't get me wrong, I like playing alchy mages, but it shouldnt be required to have it to PvP. For those of you who know me, you know I'm not saying this because I'm bad with explosion pots, I guarantee I can kill 99.9% of the shard with them, np.

To counter an alchy, play a healer mage.

-Kitchen

hoglegs

Sorceror

'Til they remove the server or my fingers disintegrate, I'll be ridin' Hybrid 'til the wheels fall off.

:quagmire:

JamesD

Wanderer

Blacula-;1617802 said:

Hmm interesting... Do people remember a time when there were ITEM BLESS DEEDS on OSI? Hmm I remember 50+ people running around with Perfect Weaps, and when the first Valorite Runic Hammers came out, the last set of Item bless deeds were used on those weapons.

Want to be owned by my scribe dexer then? And you'll spam pots, and when you die, I'll laugh because you are talking about Explo Pots being a bad part while they are your crutch.

Risk Vs. Reward: They already answered your pussy's needs. 20 Exc Agapite Plate LBOD gives 120 smith scroll now. That is 10-15mill (Pre- October 10th) in BODs that got me a 120 Smith Scroll (After the BOD nerf).

I have mixed feelings about the pot part, because it is great to use like that, but also horrible to die to the pot spam method...

The funny part is I have never died to an alchy spam (minus alchy duels).. But there is an alchy nerf I would definitely agree with.

Being able to toss purple pots while wielding a 2 handed weapon. I think that needs to be fixed..

Bringing back AOE is retarded.. Then u have reds with the ability to spam.. MS, EQ, BS, EV's and Purples with no worries from receiving the same treatment from blues. Reds are rewarded enough on this server.

Marbelou

Knight

LeGiOn-hybrid;1617896 said:
The funny part is I have never died to an alchy spam (minus alchy duels).. But there is an alchy nerf I would definitely agree with.

Being able to toss purple pots while wielding a 2 handed weapon. I think that needs to be fixed..

Bringing back AOE is retarded.. Then u have reds with the ability to spam.. MS, EQ, BS, EV's and Purples with no worries from receiving the same treatment from blues. Reds are rewarded enough on this server.

TRAMMY MUCH?