UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Want to see some changes on Demise? Want the donation store back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodycook

Knight
Re: Want to see some changes on Demise? Want the donation store back?

Drucilia;456318 said:
sorry i wasnt a guild newb with everything given to me. I bought the game and started playing it ---- didnt know wtf lrc was or where to get it so fuck yourself

Damn, someone was born without a sense of humour. Or a brain. Not sure.

Serenity

Wanderer

John Doe;455346 said:
Yea, but one person can have 4 accounts, so thats only 100+ people..

Its CONSIDERABLY more than that, as very few people actually use more than 1 account at a time.
Additionally, that is the concurrent playerbase. The total is a great deal more (many thousands of active accounts).

cmcmcm

Knight

LadyCrimson;456427 said:
For major things like the donation store, yes. Ryan is the individual that sets it up.

But, and about in-game things?

You needs to start to leave this OSI-LIKE thing in the past. OSI Lost all players, and they need a start to play again. I beat in Demise.

And once again, do a POLL about TOT'S came back. They are normal items, there's no reason to let they get so rare like this. Players ask for it.
Of course if you are going to listen everything that players say the shard will looks like a pokemon cartoon.
But TOT'S need to came back to help Players. For years players are trying to convence the STAFF that TOTS need to respawn once again.

And TOT'S are just freaking expensive in this shard. :(

Like i said before, little things like this can totally change the number of players. Check little things like that.

For a shard like Demise 100-200 players is so so sooooo low.

Malafor

Knight

stop asking for tots, they aint coming back.
Tierd of reading the same crap everywhere from the same people.

cmcmcm

Knight

Malafor;456671 said:
stop asking for tots, they aint coming back.
Tierd of reading the same crap everywhere from the same people.

Just tell me WHY TOTS need to be that RARE that is almost costing High-End Doom Artys? and that for me is RIDICULOUS.

1)Because they have Treasures in the name?
2)Like you say "tots sucks and can be easily replaced"?
that's some of the answers that i already saw, have another one more ridiculous?

even some of the oldest's players in demise ask for tots coming back. But you are from 2008 and don't have any idea how great Demise was.

If you have any good idea start posting...

Serenity

Wanderer

FunkFuria;456659 said:
*blah* ToTs *blah* *wahhhh*
little things like this can totally change the number of players. Check little things like that.

For a shard like Demise 100-200 players is so so sooooo low.

I have no idea where you are getting your 100-200 players idea from - there are literally thousands of active accounts.

FunkFuria;456685 said:
*blah* ToTs *blah* *wahhhh*

Enough of the ToTs already. They are not coming back.

xantier

Sorceror

enough tots are in wrong person's hand...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Trying to "fix" shard issues by tossing items everywhere isn't true resolution.

And, what exactly does tots have to do with the donation store? nothing?

And, Demise has more than 100-200 players. There are generally an average of 350 on at any given time AND this, as Serenity pointed out, is only concurrent numbers. These same 350 people are not on 24/7 - so as some log off, others log in. Divinity is the smallest of the 3 RunUO shards - not Demise.

GM Nestor

Sorceror

bla bla bla....

I want the store back !!!

FunkFuria;456659 said:
But, and about in-game things?

You needs to start to leave this OSI-LIKE thing in the past. OSI Lost all players, and they need a start to play again. I beat in Demise.

Kindly put, being OSI like is their mission statement and what they strive to be. If you don't like the fact that they follow OSI then perhaps this shard is not what you've been looking for. Sure, we can ALL think of ways to improve demise but I think it's best to leave that in the hands of the developers who have more insight. It's their choice how they wish to code their servers and each one follows a different goal.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Balthazar-demise;456708 said:
Kindly put, being OSI like is their mission statement and what they strive to be. If you don't like the fact that they follow OSI then perhaps this shard is not what you've been looking for. Sure, we can ALL think of ways to improve demise but I think it's best to leave that in the hands of the developers who have more insight. It's their choice how they wish to code their servers and each one follows a different goal.
If you aren't going to have an OSI-like shard, then why have it? That's why Divinity and Hybrid exist .... each shard is its own lil niche....

and, nicely put :)

cmcmcm

Knight

OSI already put TOTS back. and not try to offend or any kind like this, but Demise is far to be OSI-Like.
Since there's a bunch of little factors that don't let us be like OSI. In fact, Inquisitor's is the first one that come on my mind.
Hidd TOTS behind OSI-Like fact is too dark for me and ToTs appears to respawn more than one time in OSI.

I want to read, if it's not going to be anoying, "Lady Crimson", "Nestor", "Caine", or any from staff argument about TOTS and why they shouldn't come back. Then I let this TOT thing goes forever.
Sometimes you need to think like a "regular" player. Players that stay and make the fame of the shard.
Thats why hybrid have 1k players and is that famous. Number of players. ;)

We need to get RYAN attention, so how to do that? Increasing the number of players, right?
For that we need changes. But if you guys are not abble to do some changes it will be hard.

EDIT: i love demise and i don't want to create any kind of trouble, but i want to try to help.

cmcmcm

Knight

CNS Nestor;456732 said:

Bring the store back up ! ;)

same bro,

players move store, if the players are leaving...so :/

Serenity

Wanderer

FunkFuria;456728 said:
ToTs appears to respawn more than one time in OSI.

OSI ToT drops:
Feb 2005 - May 2005
Sep 2006 - Oct 2006

In total OSI dropped ToTs for around 5 months. Demise dropped ToTs for considerably longer than this. Therefore, your comment is misleading.

I want to read, if it's not going to be anoying, "Lady Crimson", "Nestor", "Caine", or any from staff argument about TOTS and why they shouldn't come back. Then I let this TOT thing goes forever.

ToTs will not be coming back as they were run as a temporary and one-off event. That is the reason. It is not an argument or a subject to debate over. It is fact, and as such im looking forward to you letting "his TOT thing goes forever".

Thank you.

cmcmcm

Knight

Serenity;456734 said:
OSI ToT drops:
Feb 2005 - May 2005
Sep 2006 - Oct 2006

In total OSI dropped ToTs for around 5 months. Demise dropped ToTs for considerably longer than this. Therefore, your comment is misleading.

ToTs will not be coming back as they were run as a temporary and one-off event. That is the reason. It is not an argument or a subject to debate over. It is fact, and as such im looking forward to you letting "his TOT thing goes forever".

Thank you.

Done. explained.

ty :)

only little detail people in OSI knowing the fact that was just a promotion got a LOT when they ended for 2 time.
Dmise was just 1 time and most of ppl didn't know the fact that TOTS was going to disapear.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

First, catching Ryan's attention on Demise isn't going to happen. No matter if we had 5,000 players - His preference is NOT post-AOS. It's a fact, so we can let that go. If you wanted Ryan's attention for the shard and the best support you'd possibly get from him, you'd end up with another Hybrid. Hybrid gameplay is his interest.

These are my statements about ToTs: ToTs were promotional on OSI. Demise is OSI-like at this point. The idea is to keep the shard as close to OSI as we can without losing sight of what the game is supposed to be OR in how to keep it interesting for our players (unless OSI staff who seem to ignore their shards). There is always a balance that has to be put in play. We run tournaments for our players (something OSI would NEVER do)... so do you lose the scope of being exactly like OSI or do you allow players to enjoy the tournament system? Its a give and a take even if we are ultimately trying to keep the feel of the game and the mechanics of the game as close to OSI as possible. If ToTs are brought back - its just one more thing to flood the market and cause problems. No ToTs = everyone with a ToT.. its the same playing ground. But, as I said before, you'll never see people screaming to remove all the ToTs from the world... only "give us more more more" - Unfortunately, this isn't a "gimme" shard.

What I think Demise needs most is getting more code implemented at a faster rate; however, as I started this lil message out with - Ryan's interest is not in ML. Its not in anything post-AOS so right now, you have 1 developer who is on limited time as it is. We won't be close to OSI for a while, but wherever we are in the timeline, I'm happy to say we are as close as we can be.

And, sorry if you are bothered by the SW book work-around. We just figured that if we had the spells active, it'd be nice to have the book too. Of course, you aren't thinking logically right now about that - you wanted the spells and the quest for the book. Guess what, quests still aren't in. So if that NPC hadn't been put there, you'd STILL be without SW, wouldn't you? So what's worse?

So, perhaps, instead of irrationally pulling every pathetic argument out of that dark crevice called your ass to get what you want, you should logically think things through and think more of other things than just yourself. Don't expect us to have to look at the world through player glasses if you are not willing to look at the world through staff glasses. The most I can say is understand that we will do our best to get all the code in or provide players with the best game play we can give staying as close to OSI as we can... and know that some things require a temporary work around.

Staff spend a lot of time working with players and trying to accommodate everyone. If you don't like the fact tot's will not come back - I'm not going to waste my time telling you no. Keep begging. Just don't expect an answer back - at least not from me.

Now... how droll was that.

cmcmcm

Knight

LadyCrimson;456791 said:
First, catching Ryan's attention on Demise isn't going to happen. No matter if we had 5,000 players - His preference is NOT post-AOS. It's a fact, so we can let that go. If you wanted Ryan's attention for the shard and the best support you'd possibly get from him, you'd end up with another Hybrid. Hybrid gameplay is his interest.

These are my statements about ToTs: ToTs were promotional on OSI. Demise is OSI-like at this point. The idea is to keep the shard as close to OSI as we can without losing sight of what the game is supposed to be OR in how to keep it interesting for our players (unless OSI staff who seem to ignore their shards). There is always a balance that has to be put in play. We run tournaments for our players (something OSI would NEVER do)... so do you lose the scope of being exactly like OSI or do you allow players to enjoy the tournament system? Its a give and a take even if we are ultimately trying to keep the feel of the game and the mechanics of the game as close to OSI as possible. If ToTs are brought back - its just one more thing to flood the market and cause problems. No ToTs = everyone with a ToT.. its the same playing ground. But, as I said before, you'll never see people screaming to remove all the ToTs from the world... only "give us more more more" - Unfortunately, this isn't a "gimme" shard.

What I think Demise needs most is getting more code implemented at a faster rate; however, as I started this lil message out with - Ryan's interest is not in ML. Its not in anything post-AOS so right now, you have 1 developer who is on limited time as it is. We won't be close to OSI for a while, but wherever we are in the timeline, I'm happy to say we are as close as we can be.

And, sorry if you are bothered by the SW book work-around. We just figured that if we had the spells active, it'd be nice to have the book too. Of course, you aren't thinking logically right now about that - you wanted the spells and the quest for the book. Guess what, quests still aren't in. So if that NPC hadn't been put there, you'd STILL be without SW, wouldn't you? So what's worse?

So, perhaps, instead of irrationally pulling every pathetic argument out of that dark crevice called your ass to get what you want, you should logically think things through and think more of other things than just yourself. Don't expect us to have to look at the world through player glasses if you are not willing to look at the world through staff glasses. The most I can say is understand that we will do our best to get all the code in or provide players with the best game play we can give staying as close to OSI as we can... and know that some things require a temporary work around.

Staff spend a lot of time working with players and trying to accommodate everyone. If you don't like the fact tot's will not come back - I'm not going to waste my time telling you no. Keep begging. Just don't expect an answer back - at least not from me.

Now... how droll was that.

That's totally what i expected, a long and good explanation. But you misunderstand me, my focus was just to TRY to INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS in DEMISE. But the priority is script not the number of players.
I never tought "oh i want 4000 tots" , first of all i was trying to help, giving ideas to increse the number of players, that's all.

But keep the good work.

ty, and please stay with the great attention around the shard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.