UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

☆Quick Question Megathread☆

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
Yes, Hell Hounds SERIOUSLY out-damage everything else in the game. The only thing that can come really close is a pack of Frenzied Ostards. Bake+Beetle makes, IIRC, a distant third.

Not to be picky but my hellcat pack outdamage any hound pack ive ever had. With the only expection being fleshrenders (which I still get top damage unless by chance there someone else with hounds) and has higher HP wich makes it easier to keep alive.

hellcats have the highest max str but have lower max hp, resists, and deal 75% phys/ 25 fire. Vs most things a pack of hell hounds will do more damage since they have 80% fire damage and corpse skin will further increase the overall damage.

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
hellcats have the highest max str but have lower max hp, resists, and deal 75% phys/ 25 fire. Vs most things a pack of hell hounds will do more damage since they have 80% fire damage and corpse skin will further increase the overall damage.
i stand corrected as far as damage goes. Never tried dogs + corpse skin. Cant believe i didnt think of this on my own :D But , dont trust Stratics to show you how much HP hounds can have on demise. The Max HP a hound can have here is 125. Cats max HP is 185. Thats 60 HP is quite significant IMO. Even though Hounds do more damage I prefer to be able to tank a little bit with my cats. And they still outdamage my sampire , my GDs and my necro/mage/weaver by far.

glyph1c

Sorceror
can someone briefly explain dungeon doom to me. myself (a mage/bard) and a friend (necro/tamer) need to get some decent loot after starting here last week. (I for one am bored of crap loot from blood eles and daemons)

just a run down of does and dont's, what to do, luck, pets, etc. If someone could condense what we need to know in a paragraph or two it would be appreciated.

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
can someone briefly explain dungeon doom to me. myself (a mage/bard) and a friend (necro/tam der) need to get some decent loot after starting here last week. (I for one am bored of crap loot from blood eles and daemons)

just a run down of does and dont's, what to do, luck, pets, etc. If someone could condense what we need to know in a paragraph or two it would be appreciated.
Nothing special really. You wont find much better loot there unless you guys gather every single demon bone (drops on most mobs in there ). You can then turn in 1000 of those bones to spawn a Bone Demon. Upon killing it you get a golden skull that is worth aprox 100-150K.
Also you can use the golden skull to go to the Gauntlet. This is a special part of Doom that can only be accessed with a golden skull ( you can use one skull for you and your friend ) Once there you can kill all big boss monsters and have a small chance in getting a artifact. Anything from 50K Bone Crushers to 50M Ornament of the Magician. Some say the loot is also good there.
Other then the Gauntel the only monsters worth killing in Doom are Skeletal Dragons (which you can kill more conveniently in Ilshanaar) , Lich Lords , Rotten Corpses and Devourer of Souls. I prefer hunting in Ilshanaar / Tram frankly.

ne14pic

Sorceror
Unless your running hellhounds dont worry about a luck suit you wont be top damager so it wont matter

Do not just start casting furries into the middle of rooms it tends to bunch up the spawn
Do not stand out in the open with darkfathers believe it or not the safest place is in the corner behind everyone

I am a big believer in karma down there
Do cross heal some random guy or pet
Do ress others pets if you can
Do ress other players and they will do the same for you

Take one lap around the place staying in the back and just observe the tactics that are employed it doesn't take long and it will save you the insurance money of doing something stupid and other people the hassle of cleaning up your mess
Do listen to people down there Gio, Phelon, and Myself have probably made a million laps of the place combined; take ours and others advice as just that advise, not an insult. Trust us there is no profit in your death we wont steer you wrong

glyph1c

Sorceror
I am a big believer in karma down there

same as anything. I always give people the time of day when I see them doing pvm, and will definitely carry on doing so in doom.

thanks for the link two wolves.

we will be testing doom tomorrow some time. thanks for the replies

Nightblizz

Wanderer
If character A has 120 of a skill, and I want to transfer that skill to character B: Can I do this, even if character B did NOT use a 120PS?

Phelon

Knight
If character A has 120 of a skill, and I want to transfer that skill to character B: Can I do this, even if character B did NOT use a 120PS?

No sir. You'll get a message telling you "the skill stored in this stone exceeds your skill level for that skill" or something close.

can someone briefly explain dungeon doom to me. myself (a mage/bard) and a friend (necro/tamer) need to get some decent loot after starting here last week. (I for one am bored of crap loot from blood eles and daemons)
I'll try to condense in a few details that appear to have been left out so far. Of course, I, like the others, assume you're going to refer to the Gauntlet itself, the (by far) most popular part of Doom.
  • Acquiring a gold skull is part of a quest: you must have no open quest in order to redeem the daemon bones and fight the bone daemon. You can both collect the bones WITHOUT having the proper quest, and similarly, once you have the skull, the quest is done: you can buy/trade gold skulls without needing the quest.
  • Should the quest seem to fail to work (such as you having lost track of the bone daemon, etc.) you can simply cancel the quest: provided it's still open, this will end it and refund your 1,000 bones. they will go into your bank box.
  • A single gold skull can transport an entire PARTY into doom. Once you hand over the skull to the ferryman (ring the bell by the river to make him appear) anyone in your party can be transported to the boat to the Gauntlet, provided they're nearby.
For the Gauntlet itself, to highlight a few major "don'ts" that really bear repeating:
  • Do NOT use Nature's Fury on bosses. To be honest, this is a stupid move in 99% of the game, but people somehow think the spell's more awesome than it is; they have crap damage and screw with the aggro. Reserve this spell EXCLUSIVELY for distracting a Rotting Corpse: their immunity to poison will make them surprisingly durable, and keep the Rotting off of everyone's backs. Once it's distracted and you've got a free moment, pelt the thing with slayer-empowered attacks (best bet is Fireball) to bring it down before the Fury gets dispersed.
  • Do NOT try to do anything "bold" with Dark Fathers. When properly handled, they're mostly harmless. Do not think they're weaklings. A single out-of-control DF can rout an entire group of players. A few basics to drill into your head:
    • The biggest threat from a DF is the bones it throws: ANY time it takes damage, it hurls a bone pile at the attacker. If it actually collides with you, you take mild damage: this is to be EXPECTED. Keeping an eye on your health and Healing/bandaging/etc. when necessary is plenty enough.
    • The worst part is if the bones MISS. They will land on the floor, then. If you spot bone piles on the floor, use a bladed weapon on them to break them up ASAP! If left alone for a few seconds, they turn into random undead. Even random skeletal knights, wraiths, and liches popping up can be annoying enough... But if it becomes a Liche Lord, things can be even thornier... And even a single Rotting Corpse could throw the ENTIRE group into panic once it starts landing lethal poison on everyone.
    • To avoid bones landing, never attack a Dark Father from more than 2 spaces away. Sure, most there aren't melee'rs: just stand 2 tiles away. If you're a retarded archer who insists on trying to dodge the bones while firing away at 8 spaces away, do NOT be surprised when people start to Wall of Stone you out: you're being a dumbass, so quit it. Plus, you can't loot from more than 2 spaces away, so you want to be that far away when the thing dies ANYWAY, if you want to have any hope of looting something decent.
    • To ensure the DF remains under-control, someone needs to lure it to one of the good "safe" spots. Corners, the exit gate area, and some other places that restrict movement are all good: that way the DF can be crowded in, and won't move until it's redlined. If you see someone slowly leading a DF, DO NOT ATTACK IT. Let the person leading it get it in place, and THEN dive in. YOU GET NO BENEFIT FROM SCORING THE FIRST BLOW. WAY too many players mistakenly assume this. Look at it this way: the person leading the DF to the trap is doing the hardest part of the work, and they're NOT complaining that you dive in to take advantage once it's in place.
    • As a general rule, unless you're solo'ing the thing, there is nothing you can do to improve your odds at all, beyond doing enough damage (only a few percent if there's a crowd) to get loot rights, and making sure the fight goes quickly and smoothly. If you're close enough and have "auto-open corpses" turned on in Razor, you'll never have to wonder if you got loot rights or not.
  • Now, overall, the five mini-boss rooms are comparatively easy (far fewer die there) so there's not as much to keep in mind: I'll leave the deep details to the detailed guide threads. But a few basics:
    • Unless you've got a tank (AND there's not many people in the Gauntlet) you might want to wait before stepping on the teleporter into the room. The only way people really die against the mini-bosses is trying to rush first, and getting overwhelmed. Generally, wait until there's people in there, or some people waiting outside. If there's a bunch waiting, they're just waiting for someone ELSE to go first: step in, and they'll follow you.
    • Try to avoid leading multiple minibosses on the same pet, if at all possible. Split them up.
    • Over time (And reading the guides) you'll learn the best tactics, etc. used for each room. No need to go into detail here.
  • KEEP TRACK OF YOUR INSURANCE MONEY. Before going to the gauntlet, buy a "house placement tool" from the architect in Luna, and keep it on your at all times! It's blessed, so you'll never lose it, and it can always tell you what your bank balance is! (just select a type of houses, and it'll show your balance; this works even if you already have a house)
  • Lastly, keep in mind that your real-life luck will probably suck, and you won't get rich fast. Don't get mad/upset if you fail to get an Orny after your first run... Or even if you never get one after months. It's governed by (pseudo)-randomness, so there's a LOT of odds that you'll keep getting no artifact drop time after time. If you decide that doesn't appeal to you, quit!
I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the result is that you'll lose that extra skill: you'll just have 100 skill, with the rest wasted. (which can really be painful) Soul stones do not eliminate the need for power scrolls.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight
Do cross heal some random guy or pet
Do ress others pets if you can
Do ress other players and they will do the same for you

Forgot some...

Do expect to be bored shitless for a very long time
Do expect people to lure champs and DF spawn on you
Do expect to go weeks without a single drop just in case one doesn't happen
Do expect for that drop to be a taskmaster, breath of the dead, HolyKnights, bracelet of health, or Dragon Slayer.

Do have your tithing points capped if you use Chivalry
Do make sure your pet's ALWAYS happy (I lost a perfect hiryu in there)
Do make sure you have enough insurance $ in the bank, and that the durability on your equipment is POF all the way to 255/255+
Do BRING A MULE to carry the stuff you loot...
Do have 100% hiding on that mule
Do be able to cast create food so you can feed your mule's beetle if you plan on staying there for a while.

Do not expect something to drop the first day that you're running gauntlet
Do not expect to run for a few hours and think something is going to drop in your bag
Do not ever expect to see me in that place... If you lure something on the wrong person, expect to die many, many times.

ne14pic

Sorceror
What he doesn't tell you is when you get the message "for your valor in combat you have been rewarded" then you peek over with only one eye open praying its not a bone crusher to see that tiny blue braclet in your pack is a hell of a rush