UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

☆Quick Question Megathread☆

Bama

Bug Huntress
Quick question
How would this change anything?
Felucca Champ Spawns
Having 1 Champ Spawn (Barracoon is always active in Despise) active in T2A changes nothing when it comes to
Power Scrolls
Pink Scrolls
Champ Replicas
Gold from the Champ's death
PvP
Having only 1 Champ Spawn active does not mean only 1 Champ Spawn can be done at a time
All this means is you have to be a Knight of Valor to activate the other Champ Spawns
No more walking through T2A looking for a specific Champ Spawn you want to do
They are not active but you can activate them
Invoke the Valor Virtue
Target the Champ Idol on the Altar
Lose 1 full path of Valor
Pop 4 red candles on the altar
If you want to do that Champ do it. If you don't want to do it you either
1- kill enough Champ Spawn to get back to Knight of Valor
2- log in to another account and character that is a Knight of Valor
Go to another Champ Spawn (except where Oaks spawns because Oaks always spawns in that area only) and use the Valor Virtue to start another Champ Spawn
Rinse and repeat until you get the Champ Spawn you want to do
All Champ Spawn can be active at once

Ekse Buddha

Sorceror
How do you use a macro that has been typed out here on the forums ie. under "The complete Skill Guide" there are "run this macro to gain." how/where do you copy/paste that text in order to make it run?

MB

Knight
How do you use a macro that has been typed out here on the forums ie. under "The complete Skill Guide" there are "run this macro to gain." how/where do you copy/paste that text in order to make it run?

Find where your .macro files are stored. If you are on Vista/7, it will be in a hidden folder called AppData that is in your Documents folder (AppData/Roaming/Razor/Macros). It might also be in Program Files/Razor/Macros.

Once you find that, duplicate one of your existing macroes, rename the file to what you want the macro name to be, open it up and replace code with the code from the forum and save.

Two Wolves

Knight
Lightning Arrow and Psychic Attack seem to be not active, is that expected?

Velocity is doing 5 damage to Yamandon and 25 to Brigands, is that expected?

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Velocity does damage based on the tiles away from ones enemy.

Not 100% sure as I've little to do with fighters. But it seems the farther away you are from the target. The more damage you should be doing to it.

Two Wolves

Knight
Velocity does damage based on the tiles away from ones enemy.

Not 100% sure as I've little to do with fighters. But it seems the farther away you are from the target. The more damage you should be doing to it.

Yea. What I am doing is staying at about 9 or 10 tiles away to see what is the most I can get out of Velocity damage. The difference between Velocity damage on Yamandon and Brigands seems to be a function of their Resistance. With EoO and CW up Windsong (being an obviously horrible weapon to use vs Yamandon, I do realize) vs Yamandon only yields about 16 damage plus 5 velocity damage.

Two Wolves

Knight
Archery question; why are archers so easy to hit?
The question also is, what protection do you get from a Melee weapon alone (without Parrying or Shield) that you do not get from Archery?
The larger question is, how does combat work?

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
I think there is a percentage on Velocity. The bow you use is around 25%. I think it goes higher. But it also explains a small damage ratio.

As for being easy get hit being an archer. How about this question. Why are you using armor so crappy ? XD

Get those resists up. Also get armor with 15% reflect damage on each part. Every smart ass that gives you a love tap. Would take damage back ;)

figure every piece you wear with 15% reflection. That would be a nice gift back at them =D

Two Wolves

Knight
Ya, Velocity 25% activates velocity damage about one shot in four, seems lower. The Velocity damage also seems to be a Physical and subject to damage resistance, independent of the other damage types of the shot.

Archery question; why are archers so easy to hit?
Supposedly, the "defensive value" you get out of archery (read: defensive skill) isn't as great as it is for the four melee skills. However, I've actually not YET found anything in baseweapon.cs that actually backs this up.

Two Wolves

Knight
Quick question: will items deposited on the ground before server wars remain there for the normal amount of time after the restart or SoL. Also, didn't there used to be a two minute warning or something before the last save (SW) before server shutdown?

Question: How long does the weekly Server Wars last? I completely forgot about it, just noticed I was disconnected, and when I re-logged my progress for the last hour or so was gone. Is it back up now or do I need to wait?

Two Wolves

Knight
Quick question: will items deposited on the ground before server wars remain there for the normal amount of time after the restart or SoL. Also, didn't there used to be a two minute warning or something before the last save (SW) before server shutdown?

Answer: Items are cleaned up at world save. Items on the ground will remain when the server comes back from server wars, if they where not already set to decay on the last world save. No, there has never been any warning that the last save is any diffrent than others. The only warning is after the last save before server down. So, there you have it.

Answer: Server Wars lasts about 20 minutes. How long the server takes to return after that, depends a lot on what is being done with the server while down. This past one bounced back in under two minutes.

Question: What would be better for quick mana regen while in battle? Focus or Meditation? I have a very specific build so i can't use both. Currently I am using:

Necromancy
Spirit Speak
Focus
Swordsmanship
Parrying
Resisting Spells
and Tactics.

I thought Focus made mana/stam regen a bit quicker, making it good for combat casters. But I am finding the regen rate fairly low. Been a while since I had just Meditation, so I am not sure if they are equal or if one is faster than the other.

Also: This thread should be stickied :)

Where do you get dyable monk robes/death shrouds? I see a lot of non GMs running around in colored hooded robes. I looked around on UOGuide for legitimate ways to get such an item and turned up nothing, so were they from some Demise shard event? I want one. They look awesome D: