UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

12/12/07 - Champ Spawn with Event Healer (completed)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: 12/12/07 - Champ Spawn with Event Healer

Do you have any idea how much I cannot turn something into a noncombat area in fel without completely disabling anything's ability to attack?

yeah... uhm... no :p

Oaks

Knight

Hulk Hogan better be there. Or a killer lamb. Hell a lamppost will do.

As long as it wont be a lord oaks :D

jrhather

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;337361 said:
Do you have any idea how much I cannot turn something into a noncombat area in fel without completely disabling anything's ability to attack?

yeah... uhm... no :p
then tram ruelset, but with a scroll spawn so that some of the masses (like me) can get a *CHANCE* at a scroll without having to fend off raiders.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Just so there is ZERO surprise with the event:

I will be setting the spawn up outside of valor in Ilshenar and the event healer will be over by the white bridge, which will be your starting point... so from the event healer, the spawn will be east :)

If you see the healer building before the event starts (which I'm going to start it up after SW) don't be surprised and think its another quest :) Just the event healer house.

Oh, and there will be a gate at Brit Bank and Luna Bank. I'm not going to use the standard event gates just because I don't want to tie up the event gates in case another Seer wants to run a tournie while the champ is going on.

LC

LadyCrimson;337265 said:
Does "on the inside" count?
Well, I was hoping more of a LOL IRL, but, I suppose, they *do* say that "it's the thought that counts." sigh* :(

jrhather;337293 said:
How's this: a FELLUCA spawn, non-combat area, paragon champ.

Harrower?

With full scroll spawn...please. Give the newbs a chance :)

This would mean a massive turnout....
Yeah, a massive turnout of noobs scrambling for a grand total of a handful of scrolls. No, I think there's a REASON why OSI made it so that only in Felucca can power scrolls be obtained. Those that don't want to have to deal with the shot of being raided, but want power scrolls, can BUY them, and stick to other, "safer" activities for making money.

Eskeshehir;337296 said:
Do you have ANY fucking idea, how hard a paragon Harrower is to kill. It would take the best players demise has to offer and at least an hour and a half to kill the thing.
An understatement to say the least... Unless you had, say, a bunch of paragon hiryus or something. :p

To illustrate this for the noobs: NORMAL true harrower has some 8 tentacles, plus themselves. You get near, and YOU get teleported INTO the center, and are immediately hit by the Harrower along with all 8 tentacles SIMULTANEOUSLY. This could reduce a Hiryu to a ghost from full health instantly... And immediately restore that much life to each component INDIVIDUALLY.

Oaks;337381 said:
Hulk Hogan better be there. Or a killer lamb. Hell a lamppost will do.
I wouldn't mind having some lamp posts. :p

Kowe

Wanderer

Since this is a GM-run champ event in Ilsh, can we hope to see a paragon champ? Yes, a paragon harrower would take as long as killing the Sleeper did back in 2003 (for those who don't know, it took 180 people over 2 hours to kill the sleeper), but a paragon Barracoon wouldn't be hard or take too long at all, and it would be both fun for the people who don't get to do it often, and different (hopefully fun) for the people who do it all the time.

Also, even though this is Ilsh, will we see scrolls? Or is this just Martie Gras?

One last question, which I could always just wait until tonight to find out for myself, but I'm impatient :p. Will random items spawn into peoples backpacks like happened at Isamu Volcano the other day?

...Or is this just a regular Ilsh champ but with healers set up closer?

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Kowe;337887 said:

It is a regular Ilsh champ but the event healers are special.

Kowe;337887 said:
Since this is a GM-run champ event in Ilsh, can we hope to see a paragon champ? Yes, a paragon harrower would take as long as killing the Sleeper did back in 2003 (for those who don't know, it took 180 people over 2 hours to kill the sleeper), but a paragon Barracoon wouldn't be hard or take too long at all, and it would be both fun for the people who don't get to do it often, and different (hopefully fun) for the people who do it all the time.
Oh, I'm definitely in for hoping that perhaps an event these days would involve a paragon harrower. We've seen other paragon champions; during the "pokemon bash" back in 2006, the last fight of the event was technically a paragon Mephitis.

Kowe;337887 said:
Also, even though this is Ilsh, will we see scrolls? Or is this just Martie Gras?
No scrolls; again, silly and Trammy of you to request them. However, from my previous experience from event Ilshenar spawns, the paragon rate might be jacked up a bit; during one of them it was like 1 out of four Liches, for instance, were paragon, so it meant a much better chance for paragon chests and marties.

Kowe;337887 said:
One last question, which I could always just wait until tonight to find out for myself, but I'm impatient :p. Will random items spawn into peoples backpacks like happened at Isamu Volcano the other day?

I'd likely bet that it's the latter; minor artifacts would just have a chance of dropping into your packs when you kill paragons.

Kowe

Wanderer

Nottheking, I wasn't requesting anything :p I was just curious. I'm still going to go in hopes of getting a few Martie's. I do champs in fel so I'm not worried about scrolls or anything, I just wanted to know what to expect.

I'll be honest, I'm slightly disappointed it's just another champ in Ilsh, but oh well, like I said, I'll still go. Got nothing better to do :p

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

It is what was voted on :) So, with the next poll, just vote on an item you would like to see :) Remember, my polls will be for nonPvP type events just to get more variety beyond CTFs and tournies (not that I don't enjoy those too!)

LC

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

LadyCrimson;337912 said:
It is what was voted on :) So, with the next poll, just vote on an item you would like to see :) Remember, my polls will be for nonPvP type events just to get more variety beyond CTFs and tournies (not that I don't enjoy those too!)

LC

And the next event will be different as the Champ Spawn option will be removed from the next poll to ensure that more then 1 type of event occurs :)

Possible suggestion: to perhaps mix things up a little more, could we vote for TWO at a time? In other words, the top two to get voted on will be the next two, perhaps, with BOTH being removed from the next poll? I just have a slight fear that with the way I understand things now, we have a high probability of just alternating between the two most popular types of events. :p

[edit]Additional/alternative suggestion: perhaps we could split "PvM" activities from "non-combat" activites? That way for the latter we could have a poll with the likes of storytelling/poetry, poker, "let's make a deal," Naddict's Evil Maze of Death/Despair&Doom, etc.

jrhather

Wanderer

I'd like to see a special "Demise Brand" champ spawn for events.

Same event system.

Special Demise Event only creatures (hill giants, death chickens whatever is fun)

Special Demise Event paragon champ

Have it use the paragon system to spawn paragons that drop ltots/marties/minor ps scrolls rarely so that there is the slight chance of getting something valuable but it won't saturate the market again. This also ensures huge turnout.

Event healer with the res system from the last event.

Possibly a banker? or is this too much?

Obstacle course/maze with the altar being in the middle. (Hedge maze?)

Wouldn't it be cool to see a spawn with dopplegangers, tentacles of the harrower, ancient liches (paragon!), chaos daemons, evil pink energy vortexes in llama form...

something to do once or twice. I used to run champ spawns like these all the time on the sphere shard I GM'd, they were an enormous success.

More fun.. instead of gold spawning when the champ dies, have it spawn regs, gems, jewelry, gold. More variety = loads of fun.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I definitely see your suggestion and it is not something that has not already been knocked around in conversation :)

LC

Kowe

Wanderer

I really like jrhather's idea, and I'm sure quite a few other people will as well. The only problem is it (like most events unfortunately) does not include reds. Gotta think about the reds once in a while too :p All they have is unbalanced PvP and a raid here and there, while we blues get PvM, events, all that stuff PLUS we can PvP against the reds if we so desire. Kinda one sided eh?

Although, I have no idea how you could include the reds aside from pvp tournies or anything like that.

The only thing I could think of (and this might be a little hard to do, I'm not sure) is host a small tourny for the reds and pick the 6 or 7 best. Then, when the Blues reach tier 4, instead of spawning "Hill giants" or "Rabid old men" you can send in the reds and when they die, the champion is summoned.

Just my two cents :)

hickman48

Knight
Re: 12/12/07 - Champ Spawn with Event Healer (complete)

LadyCrimson;336927 said:
I will be setting up a champ spawn with event healer for PvM fun for all players who wish to come on out and try their hand at the champ. A gate will be located in Luna for quick and relatively safe travel :)

LC
lol make it deamon so the furry noobs get tooled by the lvl 4 spawn

jrhather

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;338321 said:
I definitely see your suggestion and it is not something that has not already been knocked around in conversation :)

LC

Excellent. If I can help in any way, you know where to reach me.

Kowe;338370 said:
I really like jrhather's idea, and I'm sure quite a few other people will as well.

Thanks for the support!!

Kowe;338370 said:
The only problem is it (like most events unfortunately) does not include reds. Gotta think about the reds once in a while too.

No we don't. Everyone on Demise is entitled to 18 characters on 3 accounts. There is NO reason that a 'red' shouldn't have at least one 'blue' tourney worthy character amongst the 3 accounts.