UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

4/6 chiv dexxer is it still viable

Whatever98

Squire
yeah but it's not as good as 4/0 with bandages ;)
this is 3/1 with bandages

plusdf.jpg
^with divine fury on (err sorry the fc on the pic is with a fc sword, the video is with a slayer sword)

tho rewatching it, i seem to be forgetting to bandage a lot, and spamming :D but fk it, dont really need to play carefully ;P

edit: sorry for the music thing blocking it, i've taken the offending track off, just mute it and put your own tunes on tbh. shame cos 'ich will' is a bad-ass track

Last edited:

Whatever98

Squire
oh noes i've put the terrible free music on accidently lmao, just mute it and put rammstein on xD

edit:
making video - 10 mins
trying to find youtube options - 30 mins.. urg, ima just make a new one lol

Whatever98

Squire

longer video with just some basic play on there. generally anything that is softer than you, will die like a mongbat. i've gone to destard here and the greater dragons are actually a challenge, so it's good to see. using a variety of swords to show the difference; you can see why i use what i use tho. can whirlwind to some extent, but only really on mid level monsters, and not on monsters with strong magery.
you can see how enemy of one can be a death trap too, how you need your mana for damage, what the lmc does, the difference between fc 3 and 4.. just loads of simple stuff really, but i cant explain it very well, or show it in a picture really, it's just the general versatility and dynamic play makes it work..
i dunno, i built a character i enjoy playing is all. it's fairly strong though, works very well with other players too.

basic hotkeys:
space -> double strike
ctrl + space -> armor ignore
w -> consecrate
alt + w -> divine fury
q -> bandage self
e -> bandage last target (other)
mouse wheel up -> close wounds
alt + mouse wheel up -> natures fury
mouse wheel down -> remove poison
alt + mouse wheel down -> remove curse

and that's pretty much it
ctrl + 1 to 10 -> different swords
# -> enemy of one

but that's pretty much all the moves i use lol - it's really simple, but i am pretty sure this is the best 1 handed swordsman build... tho Hakja might disagree ;)
this is basically built without necro or bushido, it's a pure paladin really -> it's the best paladin build then.
which is sort of what you're asking... 4/6 is meh man, it's too tempting to spam, and if you're spamming you're not swinging, you're not parrying, and you're burning through mana that you need to keep really to do damage, damage you need to leech, to get mana back.

i know people look down on the step backs out of melee, but like, it's only for a second or so, and it's only so as there's no chance of death, the chance of another hit on you is low, but it is still a chance, and it's not worth the risk when you only have to step back for a second, after a chiv mini-heal you generally have enough hp to go back into melee and let the bandage finish the job, as long as you can survive another hit it's np. just step back for the chiv heal if you cant, also chiv straight away after a big hit, it doesn't interrupt your swings, and you can still have the bandage timer started from that hit, so even they hit you again straight away, the bandage will cancel out the second big hit, and you can often stay in melee because you still have enough hp to get hit again and not die.
then you just repeat that basically, but quite often the DCI, parry, and dodge will mean you dont get hit anyway, and you can just use the cast between swings to refill your stam with DF, or just pile on the double strikes; the dps is generally enough to kill most things. basically it works on probability.. you have to lose a shit ton of rolls before you take substantial damage, and you have to take substantial damage a few times in a row, before you have to even move back to stop the rolls just in case you also lose the next bunch.

see the dragons have very high wrestling skill, so they hit a lot easier, and very high damage, so you can only take a couple of hits instead of 3 or 4. so the odds of having the back are drastically increased, which is why you have to do it more often. but regardless, the fc and dex reduce the back timer anyway :p
plus you can always throw in potions and apples and shit if you need to.. i cba with that tho lol
im messing about in terms of the swords too, 90% of the time the mana leech slayer kat is just hands down the best. WW is alright, but i'd only use it on like up to level 3 champ spawn mobs.. it is pretty good if they dont have loads of magery to be fair; but i find on the higher levels of champ spawns, i am doing way more dps just boshing them down in 3 hits 1 at a time... varies tbh, you just decide i at the time i guess

if you have a pet to tank you can burn some resists and stuff to get more dps/luck too

Last edited:

Whatever98

Squire
even if u did I would still highly recommend at least running 50 bushido. does not affect parry with shield chance, and you get to use the Honor virtue, as well as confidence and lightning strike :)

i'll give it a bash one of these days dude, i am still really skeptical tho.. i'll give my reasons:
1. im not convinced it doesn't effect parry chance, and parry chance is a massive part of the build - stacking dci, dodge, and parry. i could be wrong here tho.
2. 50% di is not amazing to me for the price of 50 skill points.. i need those skill points tbh, i should really have extra skill points so i can bump resist spells to 110 and chiv should be higher cos it does actually effect the amount that you heal with close wounds, and your ability to cure higher level poison, if you cant chiv cure it you have to wait for bandage and close wounds asap after it, which works, but is not as good at all, cos bandages heal a lot more.
3. the luck boost would be nice, not gonna lie, but i think luck works on a bumped loot pack, so yeah there is less items bumped, but it doesn't make you incapable of dropping decent items, and when im in gauntlet the sampires are luck rolling for me anyway.
4. i'd need perfection to actually get those bonuses anyway.. and most stuff frankly doesn't survive that long.
5. confidence - i dont need the stamina gain or the hp gain, because you're healing in other ways which aren't reliant on conditions, and filling your stam with FC, LMC, and divine fury
6. lightning strike - dont need the hci either, doesn't matter anywhere near as much if i miss a swing cos there's no perfection to lose, and im on 43 hci so would gain +2 out of +50.. crits would be nice tho i guess, but again, not a heavy damage wep, so not *that* much damage :/
i also wanna keep a decent swing rhythm really, ideally should be timing it so there's a cast between each swing (suppose that could actually be a lightning strike? will have to try it, could be kickass in pvp, but then again when you need to kill an AI will out damage a mini-heal, so kinda better off just letting them go into heal spam mode and out damaging it
7. honor virtue - you can still honor stuff to gain honor, and honor yourself to not be attacked...

i know bushido is awesome, but im not convinced it will work with the build.. the 2 classes work on very different principles.
that said tho, i'll give it a try at some point.. probably... tbh i am forever outraged by how good bushido parry chance is without a shield lol

edit: you forgot about the bonus damage on whirl wind that bushido gives as well btw ;)

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
Confidence may be broken because you don't actually have to parry to start your hp increase. You cast it starts going up. It's just another option. 50 ninja may actually be a better option for you. :)

Whatever98

Squire
you could build the same character with a double axe you know. as long as the wep has double strike.. you'd need SSI on it tho to get the speed, or you'd end up jousting all the time just cos the enemy would have higher swing speed than you and it wouldn't be in your favour to stay in melee... then if you're doing that much damage you might as well be leeching to heal.. and you'd wanna try to get more stam to up the swing speed... then before long you're a sampire :p

there's a lot you can do with it tbh, like A LOT, you could specialize/change the build in tons of ways, i like this cos it's a strong all round build. but it is very moddable to whatever you want. i soul stone off resist spells, then i've got like spell weaving, mining, necro, etc, all on soul stones for whatever you wanna do, because it's all pretty modular, you can choose which mods/skills are more important and which you can drop. like i could skin out half the character and the healing would still be perfectly intact, or skin out the healing and the damage will be perfectly intact. that sorta thing. when you're leveling it, what you do is just aim to get like 3 caps, then 4 caps, then 5. and eventually you can get all the caps.

what i try to do is synergize it all, like if i have lmc for my damage, i might as well get other things which use mana, then you get fc for them, then you have fc anyway, so you might as well use the things which use fc.. then what you find is the stuff is actually made to work together. sampire works in exactly the same way, but it's built along a different path. basically sampire is built around whirl wind, where this is built around double strike.

not tried ninja either, but yeah, its an option. i tend to shy away from things which are said to counteract eachother, like using chiv and necro together, cos of the karma loss. i try to use everything i have to it's max potential, then they stack and they fuck with the balancing of the game lmao, cos you're not supposed to have them all ^^

i wish more people played the build tbh, cos it works very very well with other similar characters (cross healing etc), also would be nice to get decent prices for my crafts lol

Last edited:

Tanya

Traveler
this was my favorite Template back in they day can you do it here
I agree with Indika, need bushido so you can use this perfection system: http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

"Perfection is an ability that grants a damage bonus dependent on the amount of consecutive hits you deal to a certain target. It is not activated directly; in order to use it you must have at least 50 Bushido skill points and then Honor a target creature. Perfection may not be used against other players."

It is really huge amount of additional damage that will help you survive if you are planning to hunt Peerless later :)

And my suggestion is also to replace healing with spirit speak, or necro: this way you will heal yourself every time you hit them. :p

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
I understand you want to keep your 4/6 no necro chiv guy. Ninja gives you a some more defense. Pop out 4 mirror images throw fukiya/shiriken (however it's spelled [also spellcasting monsters tend to try to cure themselves instead of casting offensive spells]), and hop in dog form between fights for practically mana free HPR.

Like I said it's another option. The 4/6 chiv dexxer is unfortunately not strong enough to do some things without ninja, necro, Bushido, shadow strike, spirit speak + scrolls, or any combination of the aforementioned.

Whatever98

Squire
im skeptical is all :p

spirit speak would be uber if it was effected by fc :/
otherwise i think it's part of a larger thing.. if you have SS you should have necro imo, if you have anatomy then you should have healing, otherwise you're spending 100 skill points for 15% di.. not worth it.. see it spirals as soon as you start going down that path :/

this is a paladin build tho, and yes it's viable. im not sure how it does on peerless tbh, i dont play like i used to play so i've never actually bothered to check out the new stuff :S
i think it'll be able to do them though, after some practice. but either way it works amazingly with other players, you can heal them in 2 seconds for 60% of their hp.. you can remove blood oath and curses from pets, you can close wound spam on pets to help heal them, off tank for them, there's loads of options.
generally this does me for champ spawns and peerless, when im solo i'll just go chill in doom. would make a spawner for champ spawns tho if i wanted to solo them.

it is a bit hard to decide how good DI is when you have a low base damage wep is the thing ya see.

peerless wont be too tough tho i dont think, you dont need to toe to toe them is the thing, cos you dont need to hit to heal

Whatever98

Squire
see with 11-13 base damage, 50% DI, is +5 damage..

if you are hitting for 50 damage, it takes 10 hits to equal 1 miss... better off just not missing :S
but it's very tricky, cos the maths are bit strange, some things modify from base, some things modify cumulatively

silvertiger

Knight
I edited my post to include ss+ scrolls. You actually only need the+20 jack of all trades for an effective ss character with necro scrolls, but then you get into the karma battle. So it wouldn't be a viable option for what you want.

When you are leeching, %15 extra damage helps a lot. As far as nonspawn situations whammy probably puts out the most damage followed closely by samp. With samp you don't run into the karma battle so much, because you cast one necro spell a week, generally.

Another thing about this 4/6 you can easily switch over to PvP, still be effective, and a good teammate. As far as PvP 4/6 chiv dexxer is very viable. Pvm you won't be able to do everything, but who cares. It's about you rocking whatever you do. You do you! :D

Whatever98

Squire
can drop resist spells, have all 70 resists almost (will be 66/66 fire/poison soon, or 70/low with another 3 mana) and can remove curse, just resist spells helps alot actually, it's surprising the difference it makes.
would just have to play it a bit different... it's an option anyway, tbh i've tried a lot of different ways and im pretty happy with this set up out of what i've tried.
this isn't 4/6 it's only 3/1 most of the time, 4/1 when i've got non-slayer equipped, that's why i've got bandages as well ;)

i find the class is great for events too :)
nothing is instant death at all, even blood oath, so it's a great for adventuring ^^

maybe cant *do* everything, but you can certainly have a crack at anything ^^
that's all i want really, im not looking to farm so much as explore content

i think it's a really fun build to play anyway :)

Loler

Page
Unless they changed chivalry from when it was first added higher chiv has nothing to do with how much you heal its only based off Karma.