UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

7X mage template

Gary HK

Sorceror
Re: 7X mage template

I would like to be a posion mage, so I pick these skill:
1)Magery
2)Resist Spell
3)Med
4)EI
5)Posioning
6)wrestle
7)Inscribe/Hiding
Number 1) to 4) are always needed for all mage, and I am a posion mage so how can I give up 5)Posioning?
I guess 6)wrestle is useful because it can give me some self-defence.
So the only problem is---- should I train Inscribe?
My reflect spell can stand longer time with it, but I will not be able to "hide".
which one is better?
or, both are good, just pick the one I more favor?
Thx for reading. :D

Sammich

Wanderer

hiding is lame and should not even be allowed on a pvp template. stick with inscribe

mrmumblenews

Wanderer

Really, hiding is amazing. Hiding on a PvP template means you get to escape the 3+ man gank squad thats chasing you, hiding means you get to lie in wait fr your marks, hiding means living. Almost all my characters have hiding, and the amount of times that hiding has saved them is staggering. Who cares if people think it's lame? They are the ones that would love to gank you :/

ManaScrew987

Wanderer

Fregth said:
Really, hiding is amazing. Hiding on a PvP template means you get to escape the 3+ man gank squad thats chasing you, hiding means you get to lie in wait fr your marks, hiding means living. Almost all my characters have hiding, and the amount of times that hiding has saved them is staggering. Who cares if people think it's lame? They are the ones that would love to gank you :/
amen

toronto_matt

Sorceror

Mikee_gee-hybrid;469376 said:
Yah go with hiding, healing is nothing without anatomy.

just finished my mage.
magery
eval
resist
med
wrestling
hiding
arms lore

hiding no matter what anyone says is a must on this server for an "all around" character.
i understand if you have a char devoted completely devoted to duels and pvp fine hiding sucks, but other than that its good. pisses alot of people off which is good :)

Mara

Knight

Disarming(wrestling and arms lore ability) is kinda cool, but you might like it better if you could steal their weapon. Otherwise your opponents will just reequip it, and it might not be the best use of 100 skill points. Unless maybe you are using it to evaluate weapons and armor, but then a lot of people like to put something like that on a crafter or other mule character.

wow last post b4 the last 2 was from 2006

game has totally changed since then

people were actually trying diff templates it seems... and hiding was acceptable? only one or 2 posts mention alchemy?? har

wow this is like a look back into colonialism
lol

toronto_matt

Sorceror

sorry, am like noob all over again on this server. trying to figure out what the best way to go is for my characters and found this old thread with ideas.

decided to abandon the lore and hiding since last post tho. yeh big waste of 100 points since u can just quickly re arm. decided to go with healing and anatomy. good idea? any suggestions?

magery
evail
resist
med
wrestling
healing
anatomy

Mara

Knight

A great template. Commonly called a heal-stun. Well rounded, incredible survivability, and once you get good at stunning at the proper time and using your bandages to conserve mana you will do quite well. Still going to have to learn about pots and wands and all that to make sure you are aware of what your opponents will be doing and their abilities to heal the damage you put out if you decide not to use them. You will have to spend some time developing good magery and stun related skill to be able to counter what people can heal through, but it's doable. There are a few masters of that template running around on occasion if you need help (I am not one of them.)

Game hasn't changed all that much since 2006 as far as I can tell. Was a great server then, and I still believe it's the best freeshard out there. The only thing that seems very different is that the gradual modifications to animal control requirements have made PVP tamers less powerful. The change to AOE damage affecting everyone has also greatly reduced the number of players that use explosion pots, and has also completely changed town fighting. I still have hiding on a couple templates, but they are typically PVM or Red solo PVP where it is useful, since you are giving up a substantial amount of offense for the 100 skill points invested.

toronto_matt

Sorceror

Mara;2117989 said:
A great template. Commonly called a heal-stun. Well rounded, incredible survivability, and once you get good at stunning at the proper time and using your bandages to conserve mana you will do quite well. Still going to have to learn about pots and wands and all that to make sure you are aware of what your opponents will be doing and their abilities to heal the damage you put out if you decide not to use them. You will have to spend some time developing good magery and stun related skill to be able to counter what people can heal through, but it's doable. There are a few masters of that template running around on occasion if you need help (I am not one of them.)

Game hasn't changed all that much since 2006 as far as I can tell. Was a great server then, and I still believe it's the best freeshard out there. The only thing that seems very different is that the gradual modifications to animal control requirements have made PVP tamers less powerful. The change to AOE damage affecting everyone has also greatly reduced the number of players that use explosion pots, and has also completely changed town fighting. I still have hiding on a couple templates, but they are typically PVM or Red solo PVP where it is useful, since you are giving up a substantial amount of offense for the 100 skill points invested.

heal stun yeh thats it. thanks for the info
lots of work ahead lol