UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

An IDOC guide : To make nice Money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M a r i s

Wanderer
An IDOC guide : To make nice Money!

So you are looking for a good way to make money, other than to mine all day..
Looking for a nice house to cover your head?

Here is my way of making lots of money..I have made millions in weeks..

As a solo IDOCer..it might be a bit tough, this guide will help you understand some stuff about IDOCing..

When you are new, you most likely do not have lots of runes / regs to recall all the time..but i will tell you my secret of how i did my IDOCing, made 3m in a few weeks..

First thing first, you need someway to make 30500 gold..May it be a hardworking miner, or a begger at Brit Bank..Just find yourself 30500 gold, a few placement tools, Cost nearly 421 gold at the town of brit, And some time to contribute to the need of money..

The first IDOC is the IDOC to start you up..Find yourself a nice, small plot, preferably no loot, that way people aren't that tempted to camp it / watch it..

Sit and wait..the longest you may have to wait is 16.8 hours..or the earliest is 1 second..Just pop in a movie, make you some popcorn, and sit back and wait..

When it falls, place a customizable 7x7 2 story house, (may be hard the first time to try this), but keep dragging and clicking, as you know it should eventually will work..

Once you have this custom 7x7..go sit your self at brit bank, and sell that bad boy! (Houses usually go for 60k-150k for this size..depending on the location, spawn rate / monster rate.

Once you have this money, Buy you a runebook (if you dont already have..) some recall runes, (i would prefer at least 16..) and lots of regs..(I would prefer buying more mandrake, black pearl, and bloodmoss then the rest, as it takes these to recall, and to mark..

If you need a house, you may keep that costumizable 7x7, and then do the steps again for a money house..

Now that you got the material to actaully run around, find and mark greatly worn houses, without having to run out of regs, it gets a bit easier..

Find yourself at least 5 Greatly Worn houses, at least 3 Fairly worn houses, and if you run into IDOCs..you might as well mark them, too..Right?

When you have these greatly worns (GW) and Fairly worns (FW)..Recall to them every hour, to save regs for those who do not have that many, and click the sign to see if it changes..if it does, This means you have a window..Say you last looked 2:30PM..and now checking 3:00PM..Add 16.8 hours to 2:30PM..and when you find the answer, and are on at that time, go there and wait for 30 mins..as it should fall in between these times..Place the house, grab the loots, and hit the bank to sell your house / put up loots..now you have more money!

Keep doing this repeatedly until you think you have learned enough about placement, that you start hitting those big 18x18's..towers..and all those other nice houses with tons of rares...

**BEWARE OF PLAYER KILLERS, THEY TEND TO KILL YOU IF YOU ARE A THREAT TO THEIR IDOC, OR JUST OUT OF MEANESS..**

A tip...

Some people feel that they would rather place thier home then have to buy it, as it is a lot cheaper..Say you are wanting a 10x10..you could either place it for around 50k..or buy it for around 300k..your choice..=)

I hope i have helped you a little bit..

dakkon10

Wanderer
Re: An IDOC guide : To make nice Money!

Maris, this is a great guide for any beginning IDOC hunting player, one thing that you forget to mention though, is that if you're at a house that is IDOC, and you see a player from the guild IDC, you might as well leave, because you guys don't seem to care how long someone has just sat camping this house, you're gonna roll all over them.
/end bitterness

M a r i s

Wanderer

dakkon10;1510304 said:
Maris, this is a great guide for any beginning IDOC hunting player, one thing that you forget to mention though, is that if you're at a house that is IDOC, and you see a player from the guild IDC, you might as well leave, because you guys don't seem to care how long someone has just sat camping this house, you're gonna roll all over them.
/end bitterness

I'm sorry..but that is the game..i made this to help people..not saying i wont kill people..

And there are worse people out there..

catts

Sorceror

If you want to get even with a few pks.... gate some 50 people there from brit/delucia :D

Overmann

Sorceror

I've had great success using UOAM to label GWs or even IDOCs. I add a label in the following format:

IDOC - Greatly worn (or IDOC) dd/mm/yy hh:mm

Every time I check the sign, I update the time. If it's changed since my last check, I add the 16 hours 48 minutes (if GW) to the last time.

M a r i s

Wanderer

Overmann;1510598 said:
I've had great success using UOAM to label GWs or even IDOCs. I add a label in the following format:

IDOC - Greatly worn (or IDOC) dd/mm/yy hh:mm

Every time I check the sign, I update the time. If it's changed since my last check, I add the 16 hours 48 minutes (if GW) to the last time.

Yea..thats what i do now..its pretty smart..just sucks when you go to sleep, wake up and they are IDOC...and you got a really large window..=/

mps

Wanderer

Great Guide,

Could someone explain the terms to me? IDOC? IMHO?

If I got this right you hunt for house placement spots? And usally by clicking the sign and wait for other peoples houses to decay?

Are there any free placing spots?

Is there any tool to look for either worn houses or free places?

Ohh and also, whats a IDOC guild? And who kills who? :p

Great Guide,

Could someone explain the terms to me? IDOC? IMHO?

- In Danger Of Collapsing ~ ın My Humble Opinion

If I got this right you hunt for house placement spots? And usally by clicking the sign and wait for other peoples houses to decay?

- Right

Are there any free placing spots?

- Only a few

Is there any tool to look for either worn houses or free places?

- Nothing else than your mouse button

Ohh and also, whats a IDOC guild? And who kills who? :p

- They camp the house when they are near collapsing so no other people aproaches and they get the loot and the plot.

mps

Wanderer

Allrighty now things make more sense :)

What happends if the actual owner comes back when the IDOC guild is camping the house? :p

M a r i s

Wanderer

mps;1523184 said:
Allrighty now things make more sense :)

What happends if the actual owner comes back when the IDOC guild is camping the house? :p

Usually he tries to open the door or duoble click the sign so that it is like new again..

Also thanks for all the great feedback, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.