UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Are Factions Dead ?

Re: Are Factions Dead ?

MrBrightside;378339 said:
almost every post i've seen from you is basically you bashing on demise and saying how much better this "other shard" is....

why don't you go play the "other shard"?

Wrong.
In the two, maybe three, posts that I've used the words "other shard". I havent claimed the other shard was better.. because I never played the other shard. I'm on these forums because I'm playing here arent I?

Untrue. There are things to be gained, and although you don't see them as a beneficiary, others may. Now if you have tons of gold to spend, you won't really care about cheaper bulk resourses, but others may. Also if people didn't have this kind of outlook on factions, and gave it a try, maybe we could get it going again. Rather than all you blues who camp Brit gate waiting for that one red to run by so you all gank him into a rage log, why don't you join a faction?

Well, you referr to me as a blue who sits at brit gate camping and ganking. Thats wrong, although I am blue but only because I'm working on my first char.
You are right though about bulk resources being a + to joining a faction, however I dont feel it is really good enough to entice people to join.
When you consider the mentality of the average noob, bulk resources are hardly worth making yourself gankable.

Its too bad OSI never did more to make factions more worthwhile. There is so much that can be done.

If it was up to me, selecting a faction would be on the Charachter Creation screen beneath hair styles and the option to leave would be removed.

A big + for factions used to be warhorses. But then Swamp dragons and then wolf form.

Paulie

Wanderer

brightside, he is simply new to the shard and feeling his way around, we all had many questions when we first came to it, so let him have his =)

Ha, thanks Paulie, but to be fair. I'm just like Brightside and it could very easily have been the other way around.

Its annoying when someone comes to your humble abode, mentioning an alternative one (in what looked like a little too often in quick succession). Especially if you are an establised player and the new comer is.. well, new.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Θ-QuIcK.FiNgErS-Θ;378490 said:
Wrong.
In the two, maybe three, posts that I've used the words "other shard". I havent claimed the other shard was better.. because I never played the other shard. I'm on these forums because I'm playing here arent I?

Well, you referr to me as a blue who sits at brit gate camping and ganking. Thats wrong, although I am blue but only because I'm working on my first char.
You are right though about bulk resources being a + to joining a faction, however I dont feel it is really good enough to entice people to join.
When you consider the mentality of the average noob, bulk resources are hardly worth making yourself gankable.

Its too bad OSI never did more to make factions more worthwhile. There is so much that can be done.

If it was up to me, selecting a faction would be on the Charachter Creation screen beneath hair styles and the option to leave would be removed.

A big + for factions used to be warhorses. But then Swamp dragons and then wolf form.

I never refered to you as a guard hugging blue. I'm simply saying, that there are quite a few of them, and they should do something productive rather than gank every red that rolls through. Would britt gate not be more fun if you had fun 5v5v5 fights or something along those lines? Even those numbers are tiny compared to what factions is/was on other shards. Even on Hybrid factions was quite big when I actively played there a little over 5 months ago, and i'm pretty sure it still is. My point is that if everyone is saying that factions are dead and there is no point, then maybe they should join? Maybe others will follow and it will evolve into something.

a-e-i-Own-you;378613 said:
Yeah ok Josh.

haha...does josh still play?

mr brightside was the name of my original character on hybrid...i gave him my account and he's used the name ever since....

i'm luigi / death mango from hybrid

Dexter-LoM

Knight

MrBrightside;378716 said:

mr brightside was the name of my original character on hybrid...i gave him my account and he's used the name ever since....

ummm am i reading this clear you gave him your account ???? as in you giving him your user name password as in sharing account?

lordwolfx

Knight

Dexter-LoM;378774 said:
ummm am i reading this clear you gave him your account ???? as in you giving him your user name password as in sharing account?

im sure you heard him right

as you know, your only allowed 4 accounts per household (it used to be 3)

now imagin i get a new roommate, and get him hooked on UO...

i mail the staff saying, hey, this dude moved in, now i get 3(4) more accounts right?

their reply...

NO, it says per household noob...

result - an account is given away...

i lost 1 of my accounts this way, gave it to a friend, he still plays it too.

When he moved out i let him keep it, and started another 3rd account (my old 3 accounts, not including the 1 given away, all decayed, so they are new now or whatever)

Dexter-LoM;378774 said:

lordwolfx;378777 said:
im sure you heard him right

as you know, your only allowed 4 accounts per household (it used to be 3)

now imagin i get a new roommate, and get him hooked on UO...

i mail the staff saying, hey, this dude moved in, now i get 3(4) more accounts right?

their reply...

NO, it says per household noob...

result - an account is given away...

i lost 1 of my accounts this way, gave it to a friend, he still plays it too.

When he moved out i let him keep it, and started another 3rd account (my old 3 accounts, not including the 1 given away, all decayed, so they are new now or whatever)

hey guise i'm talking 3+ years ago on hybrid

sry to burst your bubble ;c

Jamboish

Wanderer

Dexter-LoM;378774 said:

Always starting shit. He said he gave him his Hybrid account. Which is legal there, because you can pay people gold INGAME to 7x a character for you on YOUR account. You sir, need to stop trolling because you really suck at it. Hell, I believe they even ebay accounts.

MrBrightside;378716 said:

Oh.

Arcane_Ralin

Wanderer

I was in a factions for a while. But after a bit I just didn't c the point and resigned. I mean the only thing that might have come of it was me getting my @$$ kicked by some of the faction guards. And nobody wants that.

Jamboish

Wanderer

Change the faction vendors to where only faction members of that faction that owns the town can buy the resources. You'll have better factioning.

Jambo-demise;382832 said:
Change the faction vendors to where only faction members of that faction that owns the town can buy the resources. You'll have better factioning.

it might help and it might not....

they did this on hybrid and now people just have a char in each faction to buy regs