UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Assassin Guild

Ozzy

Sorceror
Assassin Guild

Aight, I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in joining an Assassins guild if i would create one?

Not really sure what we would do, prolly just assassinate other rp ppl RP style :p
Never seen anyone trying to do that so that might be kinda fun :p

What do you all think?

Ozzy

Sorceror
Re: Assassin Guild

Well I guess Assassins would use some poisoned weps, I wouldn't want this to become a bunch of archers hiding by the roads ganking everyone running thru, I was thinking just to make it to fight rpers in some way, haven't really given it much thought.
But an Assassin template might be something like this: Sword or Fence (for using poisoned katanas, daggers, kryss etc) Tactics, Anatomy, hiding, stealth, steal and/or magery (Steal so you can get a disguise kit since this is rp n shit :p and magery mainly for incognito) and i am not sure about the 8th skill, maybe healing so you can heal yourself and to res the ppl you kill (If i remember correctly there is some rp code, always to res dead rpers after a fight)

Now I took for granted that someone have an alt with GM Poisoning :p

edit: Or maybe drop something there and put in resist might be a good idea :p

Soulcatcher

Wanderer

I had been thinking of doing an assasin template.

I dont RP/pvp much but Id be in. Let me know

AIM Gratiot33

I have an RP assassin. (wont tell his name;p)

His template is. Stealth/Hiding/swordsmanship/healing/tactics/anatomy/resist.

and yeah I had stealing so I could join the theifs guild to get a disguise kit and dropped the skill afterwards. My character is already guilded, just thought I would share my extremely good template with ya.

Oh yeah. I use an alt to poison my katana's.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Well yea you can do that :p

But i'm not sure how we are about to go around killing ppl, I mean as an assassin you wouldn't run rampage in a town or something right?

To really make a nice RP Assassin kill you would need to rely on your opponets rp skills, i mean if you walk up to someone not so skilled in rp and he recognises your guild tag or if you have the guild rank "Assassin" or something he will prolly go "You look like an assassin bla bla bla", then there isn't much to do about that , I guess you could just say something like "Aye, but ye look like a blasted drunk lad, so quit yer complaining" or something...

Can't i just come up with an idea that doesn't have any fucking problems [e sigh

I actually made an assassins guild when I first started playing Hybrid. I can't even remember what happened to it, but it wasn't very successful. But then again, I suck at creating guilds. I still have my assassin and if someone made an assassins guild then I would definately join it.

He's two characters because I couldn't fit all the skills I wanted into one template. Skills are hiding, stealth, wrestling, anatomy and arms lore. One character has snooping and stealing and the other has fencing and tactics. I wanted him to be an assassin and a thief, with the ability to stun and disarm. It worked surprisingly well. :)

Ozzy

Sorceror

Well I don't see a problem in having 2 characters as long as they aren't seen at the same time.

Anyways now i've finally come up with some classes you can use

Assassin:
Stealth
Hiding
Sword/Fence
Healing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist.
(Using Daves method so you can use disguise kit)

Assassin Mage:
Magery
Eval
Resist
Poisoning
Hiding
Stealth
Med
(No need for daves method you got incognito spell)

Nightblade (Regular assassin with magery)
Sword
Anatomy
Tactics
Resist
Hiding
Stealth
Magery
(Can use Daves method here again)

You can prolly drop stealth on the nightblade and use something else :D

Well i'm open for ideas :p

wkstrm

Lord

an idea on your guild, I won't join it though. don't got the time for RP really. :(

but, I know there are a lot of RP guilds in conflict. I don't know if the Yew based guilds such as [Yew] and [Grd] are in conflict with Cove and Vesper (I remember that on OSI Europa there was this HUGE conflict between The Baronship of Cove (allied with Vesper) and [Grd]/[Yew]. So I guess that if you can sell your services to any of those "groups" I guess you can have some fun.

I mean, think of this scenario: Yew/Grd is planning a campaing against Cove/Vesper for instance and want to gather some intel about their numbers and strenght, and maybe also remove some of thief leaders just before a planned attack. What to do? Send some assassins over to infiltrate and when the time is right, strike!!!

That was just an idea. I guess you could also be hired to kill orc leaders etc.

The experience I got from assassins through various fantasy books/historical books and different games is that an assassin doesn't kill for the kill, they kill for money. So there's not really a big point in just sitting in a RP taverna and waiting for someone to enter just to stab him with a poisoned dagger and kill him. That's more PK'ing than a assassination.

So, your real proble is to implement this to the other already active RP guilds that are around and find yourself a market for "clean and secret" kills. So I guess having a assassin/thief guild is what you really look into creating. I'm thinking it won't be a bad idea to have one or two alts in the guild just to make it a living guild (else only time you would play your assassin would be when you got a job or when you're trying to get a job). I hope that helps. :)

Ozzy

Sorceror

Thanks Euphoriba :p, I'm sure i can make something out of that... But I gotta resume my sleeping now cuz i'm tired as hell!

Yeah, your best bet would be to create recruitment and for hire posts over at RPRing. I'm just worried because it seems like most good guilds are aligned with each other and most evil guilds are aligned with each other. So there may not be as much "work" to be done than on Europa. I'd say it's still worth a shot though, definately.

But then there is the matter of making your guild known enough so they don't get considered PK's in the heat of action - the actions of a assassin, sneaking up silently, striking without warning often confuses folks with the action of a Player Killer, they'll give you a count on accident, possibly dry loot you.

I'd ban you from my tavern first, before asking questions. I know that would be my first reaction, if you just appeared and starting stabbing me - I wouldn't be thinking in terms of RP.

Also, you'd effectivly be playing a "evil" human guild, and many folks wouldn't want to assoicate or even hire you. Assassin's will always claim to be nuetral, just there for the pay but their actions would have most of them condemmed - you wouldn't be able to roleplay with many of the "good" side effectivly, limiting your hire base except for other shady individuals, which would no doubt just want to do the work themselves.

My two copper,

-Player of Simon Wormwood

Ozzy

Sorceror

ToadCreaker83;1571948 said:
But then there is the matter of making your guild known enough so they don't get considered PK's in the heat of action - the actions of a assassin, sneaking up silently, striking without warning often confuses folks with the action of a Player Killer, they'll give you a count on accident, possibly dry loot you.

I'd ban you from my tavern first, before asking questions. I know that would be my first reaction, if you just appeared and starting stabbing me - I wouldn't be thinking in terms of RP.

Also, you'd effectivly be playing a "evil" human guild, and many folks wouldn't want to assoicate or even hire you. Assassin's will always claim to be nuetral, just there for the pay but their actions would have most of them condemmed - you wouldn't be able to roleplay with many of the "good" side effectivly, limiting your hire base except for other shady individuals, which would no doubt just want to do the work themselves.

My two copper,

-Player of Simon Wormwood

Well you got a lot of good points there, I guess we can come up with more approaches than the sneaky sneaky, stabby stabby style :p, and we can always war all the other RP guilds so we don't get counts from killing you :p
And there will always come up some kind of disagreements between guilds :p, even the good aligned, and it might be fun to see if some ppl will defy their guilds laws by hiring an Assassin :p

And I'm not sure but if I've said that we aren't supposed to be an evil aligned guild. I know we have to be a somewhat neutral guild.

And just so you ppl know if you want someone killed it won't be like uber massive sums, it will prolly be like 50-150, or I might make it diffrent amounts of gold depending on the victims rank etc.

Right now I'm working on a website, so i will definatly give this guild a shot, keep an eye on the reqruitment forum ;)

Assassin:
Stealth
Hiding
Sword/Fence
Healing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist. - why do you need resist id take another skill i wouldnt be getting in to long ass fights if i was a sin id be killing plp

my sin id be joining is fencing wit that build but detect instead of Resist
-Simon- Ok now ive been making story plots for simon ever sence i started playing again and i have rped Assassination attempts but my point is you can rp ways to do this instead of pvp it

Ozzy

Sorceror

War And Peace;1572243 said:
Assassin:
Stealth
Hiding
Sword/Fence
Healing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist. - why do you need resist id take another skill i wouldnt be getting in to long ass fights if i was a sin id be killing plp

my sin id be joining is fencing wit that build but detect instead of Resist
-Simon- Ok now ive been making story plots for simon ever sence i started playing again and i have rped Assassination attempts but my point is you can rp ways to do this instead of pvp it

Yah, well the only thing you are requiered to have is imo hiding stelath and a weapon skill, the rest is up to each player. And I have come up with some assassination ways that even mr Wormwood won't consider pk-ing :p

But it is against policy to let you know what these ways are :p I will make sure everyone in the guild will understand diffrent approach techniques, not to scare you to much :p

It would be fun to have other guild pay you for the heads of people. You could sneak around locate the target then get the assassins into position and kill em. Then take the head back and slam it down on the table demanding money.

Only problem i see is that you want to use katanas krisses and other fast low dmg weps. I know it seems more ninja assassin style but the grim reality is that you get no dmg bonus for jumping someone... so its guna be more like

Boo!!
stab
stab
stab
stab
stab
stab
stab
stab
stab

not very assassin like IMO

What would be more affective would be to use hallys or bows then switch to katanas or something just so you can get the true feeling of being an assassin with the huge WTF JUST HAPPENED hit.