UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Big Core Update - June 28, 2014

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
During server wars we have updated the Hybrid code base, fixing various bugs, increasing server stability, and also introducing some new mechanics.

The most notable changes include:
  • Fixed [ClaimDonation erroneously reporting that the database is down.
  • Sex change deeds can no longer be used while under body altering effects.
  • Houses will now be placeable over half dirt/half grass tiles.
  • Classic houses will now use AOS house rules. (AOS gump, unlimited secure containers, new vendor system, moving crate.)
  • Added smooth boat movement.
  • Large towers can no longer be placed to overlap other houses.
  • Old decorative guildstones no longer lose their name when deeded during a server restart.
  • Added exceptional/crafter tags to various craftable items that were missing the tags.
  • Granite is now stackable, and weighs less.
  • Reduced the speed at which weapons and armor break. Also, at minimum durability, they will now start lowering maximum durability. (Every time the maximum durability is lowered, you will receive the "your equipment is severely damaged" message.) When both values are depleted, the item breaks.
  • Adding an oil cloth to liquor will now create a firebomb.
  • Crafting failures now only consume up to half the required amount of resources.
  • Tournaments will no longer disqualify odd teams in certain situations.
  • Resource banks will now contain more resources to harvest.
  • Lumberjacks can now chop o'hii trees.
  • Bankers will now count checks when you ask for your balance.
  • Summoned creatures can now be walked through freely.
  • When trading a pet, the recipient will now receive the animal lore gump for that pet.
  • Krakens and Leviathans no longer flee when they're low on health.
  • Leviathans now have an increased chance of dropping deviously drawn treasure maps.
  • Meer monsters will now attack low karma players on sight.
  • Resurrecting a pet at a veterinarian will now apply a 2.0 point skill loss.
  • Spaces can now be kept when renaming pets.
  • The skill title displayed in the paperdoll can now be customized by locking all skills, and pointing the desired skill to display up.
  • Creatures that have no chance of being successfully tamed will no longer allow taming attempts to be started.
  • Hiding will now clear your combat target.
  • Town chests will no longer aggregate items into unstealable stacks.
  • Fish trophies will now display their weight (if over 20) and the character who caught it.

We have also added an event league trophy redemption barrel to automatically redeem your trophies, and a vendor where you can use your gathered points to purchase available prizes.

Notes:
  • The same rules apply as before, you can only redeem trophies you own, won after December 1, 2013.
  • Points are shared between all characters on an account. They cannot be transferred to other accounts.
  • FFA trophies will now give 1-3 points instead of 0.5-2.
  • People who manually redeemed trophies will have their points switched over to the new system in the course of this week.

For more information on the event league, see this thread.

gimp

Sorceror
Hells Yes :Applause:

Thank you so much. I must have been dreaming because I swear I mentioned to a GM they need a trophy redemption system.

Thank you Suzy for all the hard work!

But one mention is if you say balance bank (It was late i apologize) it counts your checks. Because of this you don't know how much gold to make a check for all your gold. can we get a "Gold balance" command or something

gimp

Sorceror
I notice that the obelisks are both the same color on the turn in trophy gump, how do we tell which one is the silver and which one is the gold one? CTF Flags are also that way. Maybe have the prize list retain colors?

BM,

When you have enough points for the items, they become colored, allowing you to differentiate between the two.

kj10001

Sorceror
loving the new changes but you cant open locked down rune books anymore is that a new thing or just a bug?

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
loving the new changes but you cant open locked down rune books anymore is that a new thing or just a bug?

You need to set the security level on all rune books after you lock them down. Technically it's a bug that is now fixed. :) Also, if you want anyone to access rune books you need to set the house to public.

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
The trophies that say "25 points" don't give us 25 points. FYI
The conversion chart can be found here. (Except FFAs give 1-3 points now.)

But one mention is if you say bank it counts your checks. Because of this you don't know how much gold to make a check for all your gold. can we get a "Gold balance" command or something
That's a very good point! Perhaps balance should work as it did previously (people are already used to that), and a "total balance" command can include checks.

Tobias

Sorceror
You need to set the security level on all rune books after you lock them down. Technically it's a bug that is now fixed. :) Also, if you want anyone to access rune books you need to set the house to public.

Sounds awesome.
Now bring back cut offs :)

gimp

Sorceror
Trying not to be a smart ass here Gimp, and thanks for the solution to the prior problem I had found while just pa rousing the prizes there, but when I say "bank" I'm pretty sure my bank opens. Also, I had ran into the same problem with not knowing how much of a check I should make for all my gold and know how much of a pain in the ass it is much like yourself. Good idea there rip.

But one mention is if you say balance bank (It was late i apologize) it counts your checks. Because of this you don't know how much gold to make a check for all your gold. can we get a "Gold balance" command or something

*Edit - It was late last night.

a waffle

Traveler
That's a very good point! Perhaps balance should work as it did previously (people are already used to that), and a "total balance" command can include checks.

i agree! difficult to create checks now

Or when you say balace the banker could say "gold balance XX" and "check balance" is XX

Snowcrash

Sorceror
Hybrid is awesome, and the GMs work hard making great events and changes, BUT, please explain the reasoning behind making pets stat loss at 2 full points now when it was .2 before. Please reconsider this move. You are going to drive away some people. I don't understand why you would make it 10x harder for this one group when the shard is shrinking. It was already too hard to 7x a pet. This was a crushing move. I think most old timers on this shard have pets and would agree. Can a poll be done to find out how many people want that change to cease?

GimpCent

Knight
During server wars we have updated the Hybrid code base, fixing various bugs, increasing server stability, and also introducing some new mechanics.

The most notable changes include:
  • Fixed [ClaimDonation erroneously reporting that the database is down.
  • Sex change deeds can no longer be used while under body altering effects.
  • Houses will now be placeable over half dirt/half grass tiles.
  • Classic houses will now use AOS house rules. (AOS gump, unlimited secure containers, new vendor system, moving crate.)
  • Added smooth boat movement.
  • Large towers can no longer be placed to overlap other houses.
  • Old decorative guildstones no longer lose their name when deeded during a server restart.
  • Added exceptional/crafter tags to various craftable items that were missing the tags.
  • Granite is now stackable, and weighs less.
  • Reduced the speed at which weapons and armor break. Also, at minimum durability, they will now start lowering maximum durability. (Every time the maximum durability is lowered, you will receive the "your equipment is severely damaged" message.) When both values are depleted, the item breaks.
  • Adding an oil cloth to liquor will now create a firebomb.
  • Crafting failures now only consume up to half the required amount of resources.
  • Tournaments will no longer disqualify odd teams in certain situations.
  • Resource banks will now contain more resources to harvest.
  • Lumberjacks can now chop o'hii trees.
  • Bankers will now count checks when you ask for your balance.
  • Summoned creatures can now be walked through freely.
  • When trading a pet, the recipient will now receive the animal lore gump for that pet.
  • Krakens and Leviathans no longer flee when they're low on health.
  • Leviathans now have an increased chance of dropping deviously drawn treasure maps.
  • Meer monsters will now attack low karma players on sight.
  • Resurrecting a pet at a veterinarian will now apply a 2.0 point skill loss.
  • Spaces can now be kept when renaming pets.
  • The skill title displayed in the paperdoll can now be customized by locking all skills, and pointing the desired skill to display up.
  • Creatures that have no chance of being successfully tamed will no longer allow taming attempts to be started.
  • Hiding will now clear your combat target.
  • Town chests will no longer aggregate items into unstealable stacks.
  • Fish trophies will now display their weight (if over 20) and the character who caught it.
We have also added an event league trophy redemption barrel to automatically redeem your trophies, and a vendor where you can use your gathered points to purchase available prizes.

Notes:
  • The same rules apply as before, you can only redeem trophies you own, won after December 1, 2013.
  • Points are shared between all characters on an account. They cannot be transferred to other accounts.
  • FFA trophies will now give 1-3 points instead of 0.5-2.
  • People who manually redeemed trophies will have their points switched over to the new system in the course of this week.
For more information on the event league, see this thread.

Thank you when I opened this thread up even my gf knew it was important. Thank you for updating the game we all love.

Hybrid is awesome, and the GMs work hard making great events and changes, BUT, please explain the reasoning behind making pets stat loss at 2 full points now when it was .2 before. Please reconsider this move. You are going to drive away some people. I don't understand why you would make it 10x harder for this one group when the shard is shrinking. It was already too hard to 7x a pet. This was a crushing move. I think most old timers on this shard have pets and would agree. Can a poll be done to find out how many people want that change to cease?
don't most players have veterinary? just res the pets themselves. if you're talking about pulling the pet, then a much steeper cost than .2 statloss is definitely needed. Good change imo.

Chubbs

Hybrid Staff Member
it was a bug.. it was only a loss of -0.2 skill to all of the pets skills to have the npc vet to resurrect your pet.
a player using band aids and the veterinary skill the pet loses -1.0 points of each skill.
the npc vets was meant to always take -2.0 skill points from the resurrected animal/pet.

the bug is now fixed. if you don't want to lose that much skill, aka -2.0 skill points on each skill. have a player resurrect your pet.

Dudeman9000

Sorceror

it was easy to rez ur 7x pet at the ranger with little consequence instead of doing it yourself. Change is a lil hard to swallow but the skill loss was originally almost nothing. Crushing move? very doubtful. Im sure ppl were taking advantage of this thats why the change was made.

Lippy-

Sorceror
If another player other than the owner res's the pet it will be - 2.0 so be sure to res it w the owner if possible .