UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

blacksmithing

The Instigator

Sorceror
hell yeah, I just bought a section of railroad track I'm going to try to use as an anvil... I've never tried to make anything like this lol, but I'm going to try and make a bottle opener from a piece of rebar

Lost of people use railroad track as an anvil. works pretty well. Stand it up so the "I" is facing up and is secured into the ground. Are you using coal for a forge? Rebar's fine to use, make sure your hot metal is producing its own light (super hot, white color just before it sparks). Use the corners of the track to make hard shoulders (putting the shape of the railroad track's 45 degree angle on the metal). Check youtube, theres some cool dragon type or goat bottle openers there, same idea just different look. Ive made a few and they work perfectly

The hammer doesnt make the shape, its the anvil that does.

im not sure if you live in canada or the us but home hardware/home depot sell a massive bag for 50$ it will last a whole day of hard smithing/ so id say maybe a week or just little things.
they might have to order it but thats your best bet

^ haha epic

How did your opener turn out? you might have to use a hot chizel to make the mouth a little more exact

The Instigator

Sorceror
it only took like 20 minutes mr. sunday

I just used natural lump charcoal, it was fun lol... I'll need to make myself some tongs before I can make a rams head =]

Tongs are a must, you can tweek them to the exact size require!
Also, you make the same piece twice, slap a rivit in it, weld handles on. Boom, done!
3 good smacks (x2), and you're done.

Let me know what you make in the future!

lol my wife would kill me if she heard me say this but you guys are making me want to try out this smithing thing. it looks really fun