UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bringing Real Roleplaying Back to Hybrid

fields92

Wanderer
No, I don't mean walking around pretending to be a knight or joining a guild I mean actual roleplay. Right now as we speak/type there a several roleplaying cities sitting abandoned from the days that Hybrid had Orc vs Savages roleplaying battles. Now they sit empty awaiting roleplaying's return.
For some reason, the roleplayers left Hybrid years ago, leaving it wihtout a rather fun style of gameplay that it has now been missing for some time.
Now I'm not claiming to be a roleplaying expert. In fact I learned most of this from conversing with the GMs in game. However it sound like fun to me so I figured I'd post and see how many other would want to roleplay and perhaps revive roleplaying in Hybrid.
First, we need people. You can't roleplay with only one or two people here and there.
Second, and this is the most important. Does anyone know how to roleplay? All the GM say it was before their time and I have no idea how to create a roleplaying Orc. If you know what to do please leave some detailed instructions so the rest of us can figure it out.

fields92

Wanderer
Thanks Two Wolves, for the link. Altough I am pretty familar with RP in the game as my charecter, I am unsure how to do it as an orc or savage or undead. If anyone has this info it would be a great help.

Two Wolves

Knight
Cheebs's link to Bloodclan Orcs should be able to answer your technical questions. What I can say here is, Orcs have a dress code, item restrictions, orc language and well defined hierarchy and tactics. The life of an orc is, protecting the fort, going on raids, lining up for inspection, getting kicked and insulted by higher-ups, gathering resources and practicing group combat tactics.

Please recreate the orcs! Please please please. Myself and a few friends have recently revived the Sosarian Order of Knights. We would love to have someone to war with. In the old days, we had a lot of fun being enemies. Let's bring that back. If you need any help at all, contact me on AIM: redoscovock. I'd love to help you in any way I can.

Two Wolves

Knight
Hybrid players interested in officially joining Bloodclan, I recommend reading the rules and registering their orc character name with an account on the forums of bloodclanorcs.com, same as the link provided by Cheebs above. See, Nuuburn Ablikashun (Newborn Application) under http://www.bloodclan.org/forum/forum.php

I will see what I can do about getting BC leadership to add you to the stone.

fields92

Wanderer
Hey redoscovack, it me Descilfkin from in game. I'm kind surprised to see you on here lol.
As for the orc, I regestered on the bloodclan orc site and and trying to figure out how to make an orc. the only problem I see so far is that most npc orcs still attack you as if your a human. Not sure how that works yet. I'll look around on Hybrid tomrrow to see if anyone knows anything. For know just check out their website for info. If anyone knows how to prevent NPC orcs from attacking RPing orcs please let us know!

fields92

Wanderer
Quick note, I'm not sure there are any Bloodclan orcs on Hybrid. If that is true we may be the higher ups of Hybrid's Blooclan Orcs if we can get the RP going.

Ozzy

Sorceror
I just gotta say I love how everyone is bringing up bloodclan... Makes me wanna smash faces... -.-
BAH! WUTEBER! BLUUD FUR DA BLUUDGUD!!!!

John McGail

Sorceror
Hey redoscovack, it me Descilfkin from in game. I'm kind surprised to see you on here lol.
As for the orc, I regestered on the bloodclan orc site and and trying to figure out how to make an orc. the only problem I see so far is that most npc orcs still attack you as if your a human. Not sure how that works yet. I'll look around on Hybrid tomrrow to see if anyone knows anything. For know just check out their website for info. If anyone knows how to prevent NPC orcs from attacking RPing orcs please let us know!

Hey Descilfkin, to go around the NPC orcs attacking you, simply wear a green orc mask. They won't attack you if you're wearing one :D
If you need help getting this going let us know, we're a community and we need to help each other out, even if we 'war' in game.

pvp may boom again if the orcs come back. use to love fighting those bastards 1v30 LOL. they could get ya too

fields92

Wanderer
Also, if anyone wants to become a bloodlcan orc in Hybrid aim me at seahawksfannick. As for your aim name redoscovock I had it right just miss typed it here. Still no success, I'm kinda new to aim.
Lets not forget that RP is not limited to Orcs. As far as I know you can RP as a savage and possibly as an Undead as well. I haven't had many leads on either of those yet though, so it may be hearsay that I picked up from a Hybrid GM. If anyone knows something about that please post too.
Again thanks for all the help guys, we'll get RP back up in no time!

Cheebs

Wanderer
I think you read it wrong about the masks Fields. "Orcs may only wear Orcish Kin Masks and/or Orc Helms."
As per the rules section.

fields92

Wanderer
K thanks CHeebs, I must have miss read that. I thought I had the site pretty well read through but I guess not. Well that solves that problem.
Anyone who wants to be a bloodclan orc please aim me at seahawksfannick or look for me in game as Nick/Descilfkin.

John McGail

Sorceror
Also, if anyone wants to become a bloodlcan orc in Hybrid aim me at seahawksfannick. As for your aim name redoscovock I had it right just miss typed it here. Still no success, I'm kinda new to aim.
Lets not forget that RP is not limited to Orcs. As far as I know you can RP as a savage and possibly as an Undead as well. I haven't had many leads on either of those yet though, so it may be hearsay that I picked up from a Hybrid GM. If anyone knows something about that please post too.
Again thanks for all the help guys, we'll get RP back up in no time!

Desc, it's true, there used to be a Savage clan, the Undead as well as The Creeping Doom (also undead type).
Remember, baby steps though. The RP community is thin as it is, we can't spread ourselves out quickly unless we have the population to support it.
Get the bloodclan orcs going, there seems to be enough people around to support that.
Britannia needs an 'evil' aligned RP guild that's for sure!

fields92

Wanderer
Good point, and for now I am focusing on the Orcs although I am not getting much support on the Bloodclan Orcs site. Most of them seem to think RP sucks on Hybrid and are unwilling to do much. I'm thinking here in a day or two I will try starting the guild myself as I can't find any other Orcs willing to do so.