UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Cats are Boring, they do no tricks"

The Monarch

Knight
mY cAts R teH mOst PRRRDieSt

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Two things are I'm tired of:

1) "He's not gay, he's European." The correct answer is, he's both.

2) The belief that cats cannot be trained. My sister has a pair of cats that she trained from a very young age as if they were dogs, and as a result, they act a lot like dogs. They fetch and follow a number of verbal commands including roll over, paw, come, and stay.

It is true though that they're not on the level that dogs are. I met a green beret in Afghanistan with a working dog, a German Shepherd. That dog would obey hand and arm signals with 100% accuracy from a distance of at least 50 meters. He could not only sniff out drugs and explosives and perform takedowns, he could also flank a position by crawling on its belly along a route the green beret pointed out for him. I don't expect any cat to be capable of that.

I like cats. They're always around, they're affectionate, and they're amusing. Perhaps most importantly, they're low maintenance. All you have to do is feed them and maybe scoop a litter box a couple times a day... 5 minutes of work, and well worth it. They do shed all over everything though...

The Monarch

Knight
great post - i agree 100% ! cats are the best for the ultra lazy pet owner. dogs are just waay too much work when u have to train them and walk them and feed them and groom them. my cats are beautiful too, and the softest dog on earth wouldnt compare to my pussy!!

Mara

Knight
It is true though that they're not on the level that dogs are. I met a green beret in Afghanistan with a working dog, a German Shepherd. That dog would obey hand and arm signals with 100% accuracy from a distance of at least 50 meters. He could not only sniff out drugs and explosives and perform takedowns, he could also flank a position by crawling on its belly along a route the green beret pointed out for him. I don't expect any cat to be capable of that.

I like cats. They're always around, they're affectionate, and they're amusing. Perhaps most importantly, they're low maintenance. All you have to do is feed them and maybe scoop a litter box a couple times a day... 5 minutes of work, and well worth it. They do shed all over everything though...

I think I heard from someone a while ago that the Nazis were training German shepherds to fly planes, no joke. I think animals are underestimated, since we don't take the time to either learn their language, or teach them ours from birth the way kids are trained.

The joke I was trying to make above had to do with people eating cats, but when I started looking into it on wikipedia and saw the cats in cages, kind of gave me the blues. I'm still not a vegetarian, but over the last few months I've spent a good bit of time researching nutritional sources of protein, and it's getting to me enough so that I don't know why we treat some animals one way and others another, when there are plenty of high quality protein sources available. Kind of a different thread though. Guess I just don't like seeing animals in cages at any rate.

Two things are I'm tired of:

1) "He's not gay, he's European." The correct answer is, he's both.

2) The belief that cats cannot be trained. My sister has a pair of cats that she trained from a very young age as if they were dogs, and as a result, they act a lot like dogs. They fetch and follow a number of verbal commands including roll over, paw, come, and stay.

i wouldnt say dogs are more intelligent. they are just easier to train. two complete different personalities and mind sets

I think I heard from someone a while ago that the Nazis were training German shepherds to fly planes, no joke. I think animals are underestimated, since we don't take the time to either learn their language, or teach them ours from birth the way kids are trained.

The joke I was trying to make above had to do with people eating cats, but when I started looking into it on wikipedia and saw the cats in cages, kind of gave me the blues. I'm still not a vegetarian, but over the last few months I've spent a good bit of time researching nutritional sources of protein, and it's getting to me enough so that I don't know why we treat some animals one way and others another, when there are plenty of high quality protein sources available. Kind of a different thread though. Guess I just don't like seeing animals in cages at any rate.

call me crazy but i bet if you dedicated 10-20 years of your life teaching an animal how to speak they could. mind you would have to go through probably 70 generations starting with an intelligent animal to begin with. you teach it and make it reproduces then teach both of them again. keep going until they start to grasp it. only takes a simple breakthrough to start the learning process

being a vegetarian is not healthy ( although i have never seen a fat vegetarian :) ). you need to acquire meat to grow correctly. if you dont consume meat you will be a lot shorter than a normal person. and about the part where you say you dont realize why we treat animals one way and others another. that is because the dumber the animal the less we care. most of the animals we eat are barely even self aware imo. better to eat 1-2 types of animals in bulk than just any meat we can find. also since we do eat the same animals they are pretty much evolving into what we need and how. like how we do corn and pigs, etc. longer you fuck with it better it becomes

who the fuck cares about a chicken or a fish FOR REAL

Starnix

Sorceror

This is Lenny my mouser. No matter how many times I've told him not to play with his food he still does!
At times I've actually felt bad for the little mouse! He'll play with it for a while, letting it get away, then catch
it again.

Poor mouse!!

This is Trixy. She's just a pretty lazy kitty who is in a "relationship" with my dog. Btw..she's the boss!

I've always favored cats as pets for the simple reason that they are more snuggly and never smell like...
well..A Dog!

I've come to love my big ole Moose though...but as you can tell I picked yet another "snuggly" pet.

Mara

Knight
call me crazy but i bet if you dedicated 10-20 years of your life teaching an animal how to speak they could. mind you would have to go through probably 70 generations starting with an intelligent animal to begin with. you teach it and make it reproduces then teach both of them again. keep going until they start to grasp it. only takes a simple breakthrough to start the learning process

being a vegetarian is not healthy ( although i have never seen a fat vegetarian :) ). you need to acquire meat to grow correctly. if you dont consume meat you will be a lot shorter than a normal person. and about the part where you say you dont realize why we treat animals one way and others another. that is because the dumber the animal the less we care. most of the animals we eat are barely even self aware imo. better to eat 1-2 types of animals in bulk than just any meat we can find. also since we do eat the same animals they are pretty much evolving into what we need and how. like how we do corn and pigs, etc. longer you fuck with it better it becomes

who the fuck cares about a chicken or a fish FOR REAL

Probably not a barrel of monkeys to have a discussion on it anyway, so I figure I'll leave it alone. I might put a bumper sticker on my car though, that says, 'Jesus shaved the underworld, because they only eat hairless cats in heaven' Should go well with my 'Missing, baby on 2x6, fell out of truck bed' sign.

hazy

Squire
My buddy told me a funny quote about cats and dogs here it is:

"Dogs say to themselves, this person is taking care of me giving me food, they must be a god. Cats say to themselves, this person is taking care of me giving me food, I must be a god."

I have met some cool cats with good personalities that will come up and be friendly. I have also met a lot who won't let you anywhere near them, those I don't see the point in having but the friendly ones are cool. I prefer dogs though I rarely meet a dog I don't like. Though small dogs get on my nerves.

crikey

Sorceror
I got a cat, and for one reason. I have never seen a mouse/rat in my house in 9 years I've lived there.
he aint annoyingi as fuck either. He has never destroyed anything, hardly meows, and doesnt jump all over the place / all over me.

I let mine outside to shit and piss, fuck litter box.

Anenigma

Sorceror
Put every cat in the world on a boat somewhere on a coastline and set the fucking boat on fire. Cats are fucking retarded and do nothing but destroy shit. They don't listen, nor are they even smart enough to recognize their own name. Worthless animals.

Live backed up to a field where there are mice and keep a couple of cats in your house...then talk about out useless cats are...I have no mice...all my neighbors do.