UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Clean Up Britannia, 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barthos

Traveler
im glad the hundreds of scrolls i turned in on day one were rendered useless... guess we dont get the additional tokens we deserve do we?

Buttertroll

Sorceror
yea i am very disapointed that i turned in my stuff and now you fix it, I find this a bit unfair to the people who turned in their items. IMO leave it status quo or find a way to revert for those who got boned. I managed enough stuff for my quiver but I know many many guildies who did not and who may have had this not been broken :(

hickman48

Knight
im glad the hundreds of scrolls i turned in on day one were rendered useless... guess we dont get the additional tokens we deserve do we?
Doubt it i turned in enuff at 50-70 points a pop to net 20k points day one just a bit bumed that it would have been closer to 2.5-3 mil if i would have waited till the last day of the event.

but shit happens

Barthos

Traveler
yea i am very disapointed that i turned in my stuff and now you fix it, I find this a bit unfair to the people who turned in their items. IMO leave it status quo or find a way to revert for those who got boned. I managed enough stuff for my quiver but I know many many guildies who did not and who may have had this not been broken :(

Lool Unfortunately i was one of the people youre talking about.. i would have had the 1.5kk emblems for the quiver... but those of us that were up waiting on the event to start, still active on the server, stuff ready to go for the turn ins... got screwed.. and just like the last event.. the time window for how long its open is played by ear ):

Thanks for the event, really. Got people to take a look at demise again, log in, get rid of some stuff. (Love the faster world saves) Good job on the event.. just wished my scrolls were worth as much as the people today.

Supercreep

Sorceror
I guess they didn't want to allow for BODs to be redeemed after being removed from a book, too bad.

I have a feeling that would have removed quite a few items.

Whatever98

Squire
pleeeaase allow bods from books, i dont wanna store all my bodsin chests :(
it will slow down bod farmers a lot because they will throw all their resets

Souced

Sorceror
would have been more fair to just leave the power scrolls the way they were and not change it half way thru, level playing field for everyone that way. and as for the bods from books this would be nice but impossible to police since a new bod once in a book would loose it's timer so all bods would be able to be turned in, i get that part but all this does and have people keep all bods in books until next time this event comes around, then pull them out and bag them all over which will add even more items into the game for 11 months while everyone waits for it to come again

Xavier

Account Terminated
OK guys. I'm not arguing this all week, but some response cant hurt. First off, in the original post, I stated very clearly that not all items are covered by values, therefore we wont be giving out anything to anyone over their decisions regarding what to put in the barrels.. I gave you guys a list of the things that DO have a special value, and kind of advised against turning in things of value that were not in that list.

This system in its original form would have just eaten a lot of those things and give you nothing - absolutely nothing. Its very old code, from Hybrid, and wasn't designed around an AOS+ world. Ive edited a lot of the "gochyas" in the code, but really, it is what it is. Mind you, this is the first time this system was ever run on Demise. There are a lot of unforeseen and unpredictable effects when you are addressing nearly every player-obtainable item in game and sometimes things need to be tweaked.

If I could have updated the shard the first day someone said they wished the PSs were covered, we could have changed it then. But, as a result of various levels of behind the scenes non-sense, the shard can usually only be updated once a week.

There will be more changes to it, and NO ONE is getting any information about planned changes to values. Why? Simple: We don't want to rehash the rubbish about some people get told stuff and some don't. I mean, seriously... the OP in this very thread has the warning about turning in unlisted items, and I'm getting the impression some of you didn't even read it anyway. What would have happened if some read an early warning about changing the PS, and others didn't see it? We've been down that road before.

The solution is just to tell no one, and everyone is in the same boat.

As for BODs from books: impossible as things work in RunUO right now. When you drop a BOD into a book, it doesn't store the BOD away somewhere. Rather, it deletes the BOD, and saves the values about quality, count and material. When you drop a BOD from the book, a new BOD is created and placed in your pack.

Anyway, I will not be addressing this issue further. I have a lot of work to get done for the next event, Christmas.

Souced

Sorceror
well said xavier and don't get me wrong i like the event in a whole but things are always impossible to get 100% correct all the time and cover everything, thanks for all the gm's hard work on everything.

Whatever98

Squire
yeah the event has been good in my opinion, i just wish i had more things i could turn in :p
if you are adding things to the worth handing in list, i have a few suggestions :

Jewelry
Nets
Seeds
House Addons
Christmas stuff, like firework wand and that red plant, trees, wreaths, etc
Vet Reward Statues

:)

Barthos

Traveler
On a serious note... i noticed that some shit was incorrectly colored a few days ago... how do i know? i had 3 of the spellbooks locked down on my roof.
One Nox Green Spellbook, One Original Tome Color Spellbook, and One Light Ranger Green colored spellbook... Now i have Purple Green and Red... i ALSO cant find the red 500k point sandels that i had. Yet ive got what looks like the green pair on my tamer now (Where i had my red pair) did the sandels get changed too?? or did i fuck up and lose mine that were being worn.

Could i get the #s these items colors are too so i can check these mysterious sandels and books.

mytilus

Sorceror
yeah the event has been good in my opinion, i just wish i had more things i could turn in :p
if you are adding things to the worth handing in list, i have a few suggestions :

this event will never happen again so don't bother hoarding items....
also since containers are now redeemable unsecure all those chests and turn them in so your not tempted to fill them again....
my ping time thanks you

Xavier

Account Terminated
On a serious note... i noticed that some shit was incorrectly colored a few days ago... how do i know? i had 3 of the spellbooks locked down on my roof.
One Nox Green Spellbook, One Original Tome Color Spellbook, and One Light Ranger Green colored spellbook... Now i have Purple Green and Red... i ALSO cant find the red 500k point sandels that i had. Yet ive got what looks like the green pair on my tamer now (Where i had my red pair) did the sandels get changed too?? or did i fuck up and lose mine that were being worn.

Could i get the #s these items colors are too so i can check these mysterious sandels and books.

:D

As Ive explained, this is 7 year old code, from hybrid. Hybrid is UOR / T2A - ish, and a lot of the hues we have are not normally in game there. Hence the list of random hues that was in it didnt work out really well. 5 of them were dyetub hues.

I ran a script after restart yest to try to correct some of those items. Its not perfect, but its a hell of a lot better. The only hue issue I know of now, is a vet reward cloth color. On all but the CuB cloth reward, its a new "rare" color. So its one hue on only one item.

Page ingame and include that the page is for me.

Xavier

Account Terminated
this event will never happen again so don't bother hoarding items....
also since containers are now redeemable unsecure all those chests and turn them in so your not tempted to fill them again....
my ping time thanks you

Dont be so sure. Once weve got that system zerod in for Demise, I sure dont want to retire it :D It wont be soon, but Im sure we will do this again.

cuattamu

Knight
Dont be so sure. Once weve got that system zerod in for Demise, I sure dont want to retire it :D It wont be soon, but Im sure we will do this again.

Xavier, consider changing the redeemable value of each item. It might throw people off for what might be worth saving next time

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
well bought a quiver today purely from old power and stat scrolls,
now that i have exploited this!
xavier, do you think scrolls values are a bit high? they are worth more than most arties, plus most people have them in heavy bulk
from a +15 stat scroll i got 20k tokens, and i was averaging 6-10k a piece from each reg scroll

Xavier

Account Terminated
well bought a quiver today purely from old power and stat scrolls,
now that i have exploited this!
xavier, do you think scrolls values are a bit high? they are worth more than most arties, plus most people have them in heavy bulk
from a +15 stat scroll i got 20k tokens, and i was averaging 6-10k a piece from each reg scroll

No, it shouldn't be. The scrolls use their skill/stat value for their base turn in value. That means 5 to to 20, or 25 in the case of stat scrolls. The artifacts values go as high as 200 for a base value.

Status
Not open for further replies.