UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common roleplaying city

Vek

Sorceror
Re: Common roleplaying city

plague_spores;1901138 said:
Try going into IRC and go to #orc channel. They are not on hybrid much but there are still a few who hop on time to time.

Why do you guys always reject the wonderful things the staff try to do for the rp community? They have built you a common place to meet that every rp guild is linked to.

1. Yea orcs play UOWoW now which is WoW with UO ruleset.
2. Agreed with Plague, this is the GMs last attempts guys don't make it all in vein!

amish_ned

Sorceror

Vek;1900646 said:
Yew works out good because it is a town but, its very spread out like. One big strip of no guards, then one block of guards. Works good for blue role players and red role players, plus theres a lot of housing spots out there that can be made into outposts, guild houses, etc.

like North Minoc, give Minoc a boost, and it has plenty of land to start watching/ buying up. Could go all up North of Minoc around to the Minoc Mines over the bridge and twords Vesper, plenty of room, and obtainable, small plots large plots, perfect area. it could really be as big or as small as you wanted, and its still kinda secluded.

Vek

Sorceror

amish_ned;1903172 said:
like North Minoc, give Minoc a boost, and it has plenty of land to start watching/ buying up. Could go all up North of Minoc around to the Minoc Mines over the bridge and twords Vesper, plenty of room, and obtainable, small plots large plots, perfect area. it could really be as big or as small as you wanted, and its still kinda secluded.

Wow I didn't even think of Minoc and Vesper but with all the water, cemeteries, mining locations, and woods and has a broad spectrum of RP opportunity. Not to mention it leads into Cove & Britain with in a short running distance(mounted). Great suggestion.

No stab to the Staff but the town needs to be completely player run from the buildings to the decorations, to the resource procurement, and even the security.

The staff should only assist in the implementation of events such as adding spawn of monsters etc.. and events should be the design of "reputable" Guild leader again "reputable" guild leader no some joe shmoe who rode in with the next big idea.

Well when a town has been founded and moneies to build have been slaved over for months on end, and upkeep and even upgrades have comes from the blood, e-sweat and e-tears. And all the real time dedicated to it's erection players tend to take it a WHOLE lot more seriously.

The thign is with all the failed staff cities and places like Imbus, that place before it near Ocollo with the TOF, the Coalition Fort in Yew, That docks maze thing they had afterwards and this new development is that people do not go becuase they have nothing to lose nor gain except interaction.. interaction they can get outside of it.

If it falls it's no skin of their back if it flourishes great w/e, but it does not directly effect any of the guilds. Now take a 4 building player city that a guild spent about 8 months buildings, used about say 10-20 over that period of time to build and maintain.

They are going to fight tooth and nail for that city, and interact greatly in it why because they built it, it is their pride and joy. and if the guild is large enough to defend it PK's are no issue bu may even become a from of resource gathering if you can own them fast enough.

With something staff built, it's ... just a npc building in the boondocks.

Now if staff could build pre-designed buildings, in which RP'ers could purchase for very high prices to place somewhere with the ability to baned people from and store items n like a house and since RP'ers purchase these buildings they are permanent as long as thier are upkept like normal houses.

These may be defended.

Whitemoon

Wanderer

If several people really wish to build a great rp city, they`ll find a way sooner or later..

I will be doing and building a city in the next 2 weeks I am currently nogciations with house owner to purchase about 3-5 houses in one clearing... budget.

Red Star

Wanderer

Rhombus.;1899371 said:
Hello guys

I have been thinking, and i think its a shame we are scattered all over the shard, it works when the community is well developed like on Europa, but here we need some common ground to meet.

I propose Trinsic, because we (KT) are based there, and because the city only has three access ways, the west and south gates and the harbor from the sea.

For those of you who wish to just roleplay your different types of characters autonomously you are very welcome to join our new cityguild City of Trinsic or [COT]. For now there will be no rules except that you are required to stay in character while in Trinsic.

The idea is that the [COT] tag will identify you as serious roleplayers by other guilds.

Even though you dont wish to join RT, you and any RP guilds are welcome to come to Trinsic and find us, we are mostly online at 20-24 CET [GMT-2]

Rhombus
Why Trinsic? Most guilds are already located around Yew, so the world doesn't revolve around you. Damn facist.

mgroves

Wanderer

Im entirely up for supporting a player run town, if even moderately active I'll be there (once Ive created my toon! lol)

RP/player interaction was what made UO just that little bit better than anything else out there.

Ive got a strong RP background in many games including oldschool UO so if I spot any of you in game, I'll probably hit you up and offer a hand =)

Goodluck with the player towns :D

Countessa

Knight

Lord Coldiron;1914339 said:
Well when a town has been founded and moneies to build have been slaved over for months on end, and upkeep and even upgrades have comes from the blood, e-sweat and e-tears. And all the real time dedicated to it's erection players tend to take it a WHOLE lot more seriously.

The thign is with all the failed staff cities and places like Imbus, that place before it near Ocollo with the TOF, the Coalition Fort in Yew, That docks maze thing they had afterwards and this new development is that people do not go becuase they have nothing to lose nor gain except interaction.. interaction they can get outside of it.

If it falls it's no skin of their back if it flourishes great w/e, but it does not directly effect any of the guilds. Now take a 4 building player city that a guild spent about 8 months buildings, used about say 10-20 over that period of time to build and maintain.

They are going to fight tooth and nail for that city, and interact greatly in it why because they built it, it is their pride and joy. and if the guild is large enough to defend it PK's are no issue bu may even become a from of resource gathering if you can own them fast enough.

I couldn't have said it better.

Lord Coldiron;1914339 said:

Now if staff could build pre-designed buildings, in which RP'ers could purchase for very high prices to place somewhere with the ability to baned people from and store items n like a house and since RP'ers purchase these buildings they are permanent as long as thier are upkept like normal houses.

These may be defended.

I am poor but I can help farm gold to help deploy something like this if you truely think it will help with activity.

The problem is that only really helps one guild... But I suppose we need to rebuild one guild at a time. You have my funding whenever possible.

My ICQ is 360-266-889
If anyone wishes to contact me, also please identify yourself soon after messaging me.

------------------
Current City Building funds

275,000 out of 5,000,000 needed.

I will update this daily.

I swear to god, anyone who feels alone in this RP world needs to get with me, bump heads, toss ideas, get this rolling.

A player run town is great, but if we can show the staff of UO:hybrid that there is enough player demand for a town, they may do just that. Why not? It's their god damn shard , and all it would do is add more depth and character to their already deep shard.

The problem I think that the GMs see, is that we they put so much effort into getting a nice RP area, and then the Role players play once or twice, look solid for a week, and then quit, and all their effort is waisted.

Now, even if they don't want to (which is understandable) we can still make RP work on this server. Let's get it done!