UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

D

Devaster-S-

Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

I'm new to this server and looking to make a mage and trying to decide what to do from these templates. I have had healer/stun mage, scribe mage, hally mage, macer mage, and the like before.

I'm looking to play a mage that can do well in dueling and pvp. And I don't want anything to do with alchemy. Don't want to use exp pots and never will. Personally think it's cheap.

I'm leaning towards healer/stun mage with healing/anat/mage/resist/med/eval and 1 last skill. Is that a better option over a tank mage on this server?

Phobea

Wanderer

Devaster-S-;1579116 said:
I'm new to this server and looking to make a mage and trying to decide what to do from these templates. I have had healer/stun mage, scribe mage, hally mage, macer mage, and the like before.

I'm looking to play a mage that can do well in dueling and pvp. And I don't want anything to do with alchemy. Don't want to use exp pots and never will. Personally think it's cheap.

I'm leaning towards healer/stun mage with healing/anat/mage/resist/med/eval and 1 last skill. Is that a better option over a tank mage on this server?

Everyone will have a different opinion on which skill to have as the last but heres mine. I made an Inscription Mage a while back and havent stopped using him as my main character since.

The good thing about inscription is that you can resist A LOT more than usual. I was at my house today where an IDOC was falling. I was minding my own business but you know how PK's can get. I found them trying to kill me from inside the house but they simply couldn't. They would cast earth quake then try and finish me with meteor swarm only to find that the balls of fire were being hurled back at them every time.

Well basically they gave up and let me be because they realized my reflect was more powerful than a usual mages.

On the down side inscription takes about 2-3 days to train up and can cost a lot. But you can also sell the scrolls you make from the inscription back to the mage shops and get just under half of your money back. Also it means you can create create your own spell books for life!

Hope this helps.

D

Devaster-S-

Thanks, I was leaning towards scribe/stun mage or healer/stun mage. Are scribe/healer mages viable and at all useful? Seems like you lose a bit of advantage in dueling without the stun for comboing, but you gain good defenses with bandages and inscription boosting spell effectiveness.

One of the downsides to doing either of those is that they seem to be much more defensive templates and great for dueling, 1v1, and set fights. Do you lose anything without going for the dps from a nox mage, duelist mage, or tank mage? Nox mage just seems too easily countered with cure pots and/or bandages.

Phobea

Wanderer

I've never created a nox mage myself. But my character is a scribe/healer mage. Like you said, a Scribe/Healer is better at defence as he can use bandages to heal himself quickly and stop himself dying where as a scribe/stun mage would be able to eliminate the enemy quicker but could die easier.

Over all i would say its pretty balanced. Try getting more peoples opinions on the matter to help you decide easier. I dont want to be held responsible for your not being happy with your template :p

Good luck with which ever one you choose though. And have fun!

D

Devaster-S-

What would be the pro's and con's to these templates?

Healer/scribe Mage

Healer/stun Mage

Scribe/stun Mage

Duelist Mage

Stress

Wanderer

Unforgoten;1554472 said:
Heres one i dontr think you listed this is what im going with
Macing
Anatomy
Tactics
Healing
Fencing
Alchamy
resist

100 str
100 stam
25 Int
Going with fencing is to poisin my wepon with DP and macing for crusing blows for double dmg and also to rip there stam away from them and have alchamy for exsplosion pots. think mine looks pritty good

Good til you get Mind Blasted. Also you will have no reflect, and no way to hide thru either hiding or the Invis spell.

It might work, but I'm just saying.

Stress

Wanderer

Devaster-S-;1579116 said:

Your last skill will have to be Wrestling if you wish to Stun.

Phobea

Wanderer

Can anyone elxplain to me the benefits of having tactics as a duelist? Thanks.

S

Staticbolt

Seuss;1470723 said:
Hrm

There a few glaring absences in regards to templates

Eval Dexer
Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Eval Int

This template, while apparently not popular on this shard, was once used on OSI shards as an effective way of finishing off that elusive opponent. With weaponry you can chase efficiently whence you fire off that (hopefully) finishing e-bolt, lightning bolt, or fire ball. Additionally, this template gives you the ability to def. wrestle making it easier to cast that finishing spell when in group combat.

Med Dexxer
Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Meditation

Really surprised this template wasn't mentioned. This was once the "primo" dexer template on OSI shards. With this template your dexxer char has the ability to heal (almost) endlessly through dumps with spells, with the added benefit of having a bandage salve your wounds whilst in combat. Add to this defensive capacity the ability to deliver constant, high speed dmg and you have a very potent template indeed.

These two sound pretty interesting, does anyone have a recommended stat spread for these templates? I'm probably gonna do one of these with fencing.

D

Devaster-S-

Has anyone found hally or macer mages viable pvp templates on this server? I've heard because of the way armor works here and other factors that weapons just won't do enough damage unless you have anatomy/tact/etc. which seems unlikely on a mage since you require other skills.

JoeWagon

Wanderer

My hally mage is plain terrible, maybe it's just not what I'm used to, or maybe it just can't hold a candle to the same damage in one skill (alchemy)

U

Unregistered

What's the point of anatomy in this template?

Alchy-Mage
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Wrestling
Anatomy
Alchemy

kdivers

Knight

100 Gaming
120 Raging
80 Hair Grease
100 Eating
120 Potsmoking
100 Nosepicking
80 Living with Parents

with 30 Str
10 Dex
and 23 Int

Gromo

Wanderer

Unregistered;1599587 said:

Alchy-Mage
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Wrestling
Anatomy
Alchemy

for stun....

Rotreign

Wanderer

Unregistered;1599587 said:

Alchy-Mage
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Wrestling
Anatomy
Alchemy
So you could stun.