UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

L

Luigi

Re: Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

why will it be deleted, its like saying u win 1 million dollars for a day. buy anything u want , but its still not urs....

Gathog

Sorceror

Whoever won that Firesteed could probably sell it for a fortune in items and stuff. Even though its only for 2 weeks,.

Ulrich

Wanderer

Thank you for the good time at Pokemon, and the prizes.

I did have a question though how do you guys target the end guy I couldn't even see it to target or I would have helped more. not like you all needed much help. lol

Pokemon battle's over. Having actually been one who both played the origianl game (WAY back in the day in '98 ;) ) as well as watched the show, I found it rather amusing, as well as fun.

The real shame is, I was in Moonglow when the GM decided to let off the spawns, and I was dead from a ghastly before the event even technically started.

That put me 5 minutes behind, and cost me 10.8k in insurance. (I died twice, as I stupidly tried to res in town) However, I still got a CBD from the swarm battle, and a 10k check from the boss. (Ariados)

Perhaps I should get some sort of boobie prize for managing to die in the event before it even started? :p

psz

Administrator

Pic one

Aftermath

Gathog

Sorceror

I only got 10 powders of translocation and 10k check. I also picked up 5k from dead bodies and 10k from the piles...but nothing worth much..

Ulrich said:
Thank you for the good time at Pokemon, and the prizes.

I did have a question though how do you guys target the end guy I couldn't even see it to target or I would have helped more. not like you all needed much help. lol

Shift-Ctrl

gozergs

Wanderer

yeah like that scenance event a few weeks ago, i can never target the boss, damn big fat people and their pets

the boss needs to be 5x size, or something chunky, like rikktor

Cool, I'm in the shot this time. I'm the one with the dead white rat on my head. ;)

The trick is to know where the boss will spawn, and target them normally at first. Then, simply blast them constantly. If they teleport, and render the targeting gump useless, simply go in the direction all the pets do, and it'll re-acquire.

That's what I did. I probably could've gotten more damage onto the boss, but I hadn't thought to acquire an arachnid slayer book at the time, (if it would've worked...) and I had run out of black pearl, making me resort to using Lightning to pound the boss. I also had no clear space with which to summon any Energy Vortices. (my earth elementals were some of the first minions to go at the thing, and thus bit the dust pretty quick) Still, I did pretty well, I figure. For some reason, I couldn't get Razor's scavenger agent to pick up the gold stacks at the end...

Lol.. I loved the pokemon event! Pretty cool! =D~

I was kinda lucky because the boss appeared right by my side, so I casted two EVs and spammed away! ^^

The loot was awesome, I got a violet pigment, pet bond removal deed and a fire pigment from the floor. And a 10K check at the end ;D

psz, where you lagged at all with your super duper machine? =O~
There were like 200 ppl attacking the champ.. lawl

Seer Mia

Wanderer

You all lie. The server responded with 107 items added when I region addtopack fireworkswand where playermobile after the boss's death. :p

Thanks guys for the great events! I'm honored to be part of this shard. :D

psz

Administrator

HeadacheBR said:
psz, where you lagged at all with your super duper machine? =O~
There were like 200 ppl attacking the champ.. lawl

It was closer to 100 ;->

Yes, I had a bit o' lag, though I think that may have just been the shear amount of info through the connection more than anything. Never got really bad. Just reminded me of Quake Team Fortress on European servers when I was on 1.5m DSL ;->

There actually were more than 100 people present in the area? My guestimate had been around 80, but with people moving around so much, I guess I may not have gotten a good enough glimpse of everyone.

Oh, and I finally found myself in those shots! At least in the first one; I'm almost right above dead center in the first shot, my head barely visible over the daemon's wing, and my name listed at the top. I think that may be my lightning bolt shown as well, but I'm not sure...

And does this mean I don't get to have an embarrasing forum nick-name for the next week or so, in spite of managing to die in the event before it even started? :p

Luigi said:
why will it be deleted, its like saying u win 1 million dollars for a day. buy anything u want , but its still not urs....
Oh, and I forgot to get to this earlier; it's quite simple. Rather than that, think of it like this metaphor, which is FAR more accurate:

"Here, you get to drive this frickin' SWEET car for free, but it's only temporary, for two weeks."

That's much more like how the prize was, and it sounds a lot more appealing, does it not?

pillough

Wanderer

I would just like to say thank you to all the staff. I took part in the CTF, Maze (I was all alone in the grass room for so long...), and the Monster Bash and they were all fun. Your efforts are all apreciated and you've done a wonderful job of keeping the Demise populus entertained. Thank you.

Well, with the conclusion of the last event... I'd like to thank the staff for going to the effort to do all this. Unfortunately, I missed all but two events; the monster bash, and the second double-domination. Aside from the hiccup I experienced and expressed above, the former was rather nice; it was a blast simply playing through, and the theme put a smirk on my face.

However, as for the latter... How can I say it... It was simply, to say, perhaps a disaster? Two rounds were held; in the first, people simply didn't know what they were even doing, or where they were going; they just milled about for the most part. As for the second part, it really wasn't much better; people technically knew how to get around, and where the domination points where, but still, they acted like it was a free-for-all field PvP event, where their prize grab would be solely determined by how many of the others they personally "owned." As nice as the idea sounded, I just don't think it will fit into demise, even moreso than RP events; I recall someone mentioning how most people wouldn't understand why they'd be kicked from such an event for saying "lol;" it's like that here; most players, unlike what would appear to be the entire staff, have never played Unreal Tournament, or possibly any other multipler FPS titles to speak of, and simply wouldn't understand FPS-only game styles, merely those that are found in all genres, such as FFA and CTF.

blueice305

Sorceror

none of us reds could have joined some of the events ... lame

psz

Administrator

The "second Double Dom" as you put it was actually the FIRST, as the "first" had some issues, and got made into CTF ;->