UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

SiCeruS

Sorceror
Re: (Complete) Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

thanks and happy 2nd bithday demise :)

Re: Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

pistol-pete said:
none of us reds could have joined some of the events ... lame
Simple solution: have an event-worthy blue character on hand. You shouldn't be surprised that there are actually downsides to being red, after all...

psz said:
The "second Double Dom" as you put it was actually the FIRST, as the "first" had some issues, and got made into CTF ;->
Ah, my mistake; from what I heard about the first, it was merely that the map didn't quite work right, but was used anyway with a few work-arounds.

And yeah, I'm (only slightly) suprised at how few people here even know what Unreal Tournament is. I guess it's hardly played in many of the countries that Demise primarily represents, as well as (perhaps most significantly) that most MMO players only play one or two MMOs, and aren't actually serious gamers when it comes to anything else.

In all honesty, anyone who hasn't played the game, and reads this message, should head right over to here and download the demo; it's got more content and gameplay than many top-shield commercial games, and is a blast to play. It still looks great, too. A Shame that the included game modes don't include DD.

Oh, and as a related suggestion for future events... Is it possible that "spectating" could be enabled for modes such as DD/CTF and mazes? I imagine something along the lines of a "ghost" status for spectators, using rules similar to what are usually applied for PvP, only the status is effectively permanent until they leave. we might be able to get a lot more interesting screenshots from such events if that was enabled... Though it might be too much strain on the hardware/GMs...

Seer Mia

Wanderer
Re: Happy Birthday Demise: Player Appreciation Day Sunday 8/27

Nottheking said:
Simple solution: have an event-worthy blue character on hand. You shouldn't be surprised that there are actually downsides to being red, after all...

QFT

marcusstone

Sorceror

is QFT quite Fucking true? Not hip on the computer lingo...

psz

Administrator

Quoted For Truth

Laeglis

Wanderer

There's a downside to being red?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

Anyways, excellent job with the events, kudos to Demise's staff :)

I rather like the spectating idea though...

blueice305

Sorceror

goes to show even the GMs are trammies here :)

psz

Administrator

And damn proud of it (I am, at least)

Lucifall

Knight

Oh PSZ, you on a rideable polar bear?! Darn ya! u_u

psz

Administrator

Newp. I like my Paragon Hiryu, Thank You Very Much!

Seer Mia

Wanderer

pistol-pete said:

Sure I mean, we may hold PvP tournaments EVERY weekend. But dammit! What a bunch of Trammies we are for throwing several non PvP events one day of the year!

pistol-pete said:
Deep down at heart, we're all a bunch of Trammies. Yes, even you, Pistol Pete, who has no characters that aren't red. :p

As it just happens for me, it's how I role-play in games like this; the whole white robes/goody-two-shoes-ness of it all...

Oh, and it would be so cool to have a paragon ostard mount. I wouldn't care if it couldn't fight, it's just that "paragon gold" is a wicked color for a mount. A shame you can't use pigments on pets... I mean, that site called NeoPets lets you apply PAINT to your pets... :p

Scorpio X

Wanderer

The Mookington said:
lol, peter only has 1 red char, if i remember correctly.
Hell isn't one of his pvp'ers blue?

blueice305

Sorceror

haters :p
i cant remember the last time i was in Trammel like dont think i ever been to it seroiusly on my 2 years on this shard, all my chars on my main account are red just not playing atm on WoW =\ holla back!
hybrid throws more pvp tourneys per day then a month on demise gg

pbguy434

Knight

Why would you need your PK for a PvM event. Your making no sense. Or do you seriously expect EVERY event to cater to your PvP needs?

panttallica

Wanderer

pistol-pete said:
haters :p
i cant remember the last time i was in Trammel like dont think i ever been to it seroiusly on my 2 years on this shard, all my chars on my main account are red just not playing atm on WoW =\ holla back!
hybrid throws more pvp tourneys per day then a month on demise gg
if hybrids so great why is this a debate, it seems that you prefer hybrid and yet your here, is it simply to complain about the state of things, i know every once in a while i like to find a small child to yell about how ugly his mother dressed him, then i remember im a big boy and can do without picking fights.
GG.