UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Modifications to DWB, Hatchlings, Kappas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[COMPLETE] Modifications to DWB, Hatchlings, Kappas

Deathwatch beetles neither spit the poison nor use their crushing blow special. They also are non-aggressive on OSI.

Ill have a patch posted shortly.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [In progress] Deathwatch beetles

Updated...

Confuzzling "points" resolved .. its 15 mana!

Almost totally re-written, "borrowed" code removed and recoded as it was the biggest "messy" of them all... The SpillAcid() function is basecreature was also rewritten since it was part of the issue... poolofacid cleaned up and partially rewritten.... PoolOfAcid is configurable still, and will be used for more mobs as the ML creatures are put into play.

DWB is the same. Its only a half dozen lines of code, and to be honest, I can NOT find a better way to do this unless we want MORE code... there simply is no mechanism to override the mana cost of special moves for monsters that I can find - if anyone sees something Im missing, feel free to say so.

DWB-hatchlings went in already so they are removed from this patch.

I have merged DWB, hatchling, and kappa into one patch, since I had to go back and change the resources now on all 3 of them and its easier for those testing to just apply a single patch.

DWB:
- crushing blow attack fixed
- cb attack uses 15 mana
- cb particles fixed.
- now spits poison
- regular poison
- dwb's are now non-aggressive.
- 8 plain leather when cut (9 for humans)
Was feathers and meat.

DWB Hatchling:
- also passive.
- 8 plain leather when cut (9 for humans)

Kappas:

- kappa's life leech now does AoS energy damage (was phys)
- the acid slime does poison damage 5-10hp/sec @ 0 resist.
- increased chance of life drain attack, to be more like OSI behavior
- now consume 15 mana performing their life drain attack
- now spawn with 30 mana as per OSI
- once below ~100 health, chance of tossing a slime when damaged
- slime has 50/50 chance of landing under the attacker or the kappa
- slime dumping costs 15 mana if at 15 mana or more
- random-dumps 3-4 acidic slimes upon death
- slimes last 10 seconds and do 2-5 dmg/second whilst standing on it
- no resources when cut. Was leather

other

- fixed minor bug in PoolOfAcid which prevented their drying effect
- PoolOfAcid improved to be configurable for AoS damage.

The below patch updated on Aug 3, 2009.

Attachments

• kappa-dwb-cleanup.patch
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
Re: [Code Posted] Deathwatch beetles

As far as I have tested:

- dwb are not aggressive, but what in tier 2 tokuno champ? With this patch, also there they are not aggressive.
- What about dwb hatchings? They still remain aggressive.

And some questions:
- is the poison spit a melee attack? Or it should be ranged?
- I see you used public override void AlterMeleeDamageTo( Mobile to, ref int damage ). Looks like you wrote crushing attack exclusively for that mobile, instead to use crushing blow. Does the weapon ability crushing blow need changing instead of changing it just for this creature?

That's all for now :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [Code Posted] Deathwatch beetles

osd_daedalus;586568 said:
As far as I have tested:

- dwb are not aggressive, but what in tier 2 tokuno champ? With this patch, also there they are not aggressive.
- What about dwb hatchings? They still remain aggressive.

And some questions:
- is the poison spit a melee attack? Or it should be ranged?
- I see you used public override void AlterMeleeDamageTo( Mobile to, ref int damage ). Looks like you wrote crushing attack exclusively for that mobile, instead to use crushing blow. Does the weapon ability crushing blow need changing instead of changing it just for this creature?

That's all for now :)

yes, passive in sleeping dragon spawn
hatchlings are different mobile, but probably need changed too

yes, its ranged, triggered by damaging the beetle

override. yes, crushingblow needs it particles changed, but Ive got that in a different thread. I create a crushingblow attack in AlterMeleeDamageTo() because of a mana problem. The base mana for crushingblow is 25, but DWB only have 20, and only use 15 for the attack. Unless I do something stupid like give the DWB a LMC item, the usual GetWeaponAbility() override wont work. This is the reason his CrushingBlow attack did not work from the start.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Deathwatch beetles

I've tested this and it appears OSI accurate to me, does anyone else want to test this?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

daed - did you get your original concerns taken care of? If that is the case, then we have 2 testers confirmed its ok to move and go to ready. Let me know and I can get the status changed and moved to the ready forum.

uome

Bug Hunter

Me and Daed tested this together originally, he posted what we found.
I'm happy with the answers to the questions as long as hatchlings arn't forgotton about then i think it's good to go.

Xavier

Account Terminated

uome;590494 said:
Me and Daed tested this together originally, he posted what we found.
I'm happy with the answers to the questions as long as hatchlings arn't forgotton about then i think it's good to go.

Yuh, good point. It WOULD be pretty stupid for the daddys to be passive whilst the babies are hostile.

Attached in the post with the DWB patch is a one parameter change to make the hatchlings behave the same

uome

Bug Hunter

ok that hatchling patch does what it's supposed to do.

question. Should the hatchlings fight mode be flagged as core ML like the dwb's are?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Since there is not a reference one to either of them ever being changed anywhere, I left the hatchlings SE based on my best understanding. I will check with the same authority that told me to make the daddies Core.ML before it gets moved.

Xavier

Account Terminated

ML/SE version change uploaded for the hatchlings. psz is sure that when he first checked the mobs on OSI they WERE definitely hostile, so it is what it is...

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Xavier;590611 said:
ML/SE version change uploaded for the hatchlings. psz is sure that when he first checked the mobs on OSI they WERE definitely hostile, so it is what it is...

The hatchlings are not hostile on OSI

Xavier

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;590619 said:
The hatchlings are not hostile on OSI

Yuh, they're non-aggressive now. The question is WHEN they became that way. There is zero documentation anywhere about that, we only have psz's memory to go by here.

Scared yet? :D

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Xavier;590622 said:
Yuh, they're non-aggressive now. The question is WHEN they became that way. There is zero documentation anywhere about that, we only have psz's memory to go by here.

Scared yet? :D

OK sorry i misunderstood but these hatchlings were never aggressive.When the SE expansion came out and you went through the moongate and followed the path and took the one that led you to the Sleeping Dragon Champ and lagged up because there was about 954785102 hatchlings on your screen not 1 attacked you.

Xavier

Account Terminated

You know that RAWR sound controller? I wish I could do that on these forums!

psz

Administrator

When the SE expansion came out, I coded the DWB and DWBH's.

I also spawned SE

Trust me: DWBH killed my scount numerous times ;-> (Then I went deeper in, and the DWB killed him more :-P)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

psz;590880 said:
When the SE expansion came out, I coded the DWB and DWBH's.

I also spawned SE

Trust me: DWBH killed my scount numerous times ;-> (Then I went deeper in, and the DWB killed him more :-P)

LOL OK I don't doubt what you have done not one bit but I tried and this is the best that I could come up with. Also where are the hides here on Demise?On OSI humans get 9 hides regular leather.

www.uoguide.com/Deathwatch_Beetle_Hatchling

Xavier

Account Terminated

There will be no consensus it seems, except that my changes are accurate by how OSI is now ... and theres zero documentation about them ... and they were initially spawned on demise as hostile ....

ok. They are both ML-passive, SE-aggressive. Unless I am explicitly told otherwise by powers to be, I leave my patches as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.