UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Pixies should attack all negative karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pont

Knight
Re: Don't waste your time =[

Hmmmmm, does the oaks ish spawn here attack other monsters??

Gathog

Sorceror

That's pretty awesome though. With that there, you could just farm the gold that would drop every so often from the champ dying.

The Instigator

Sorceror

not sure pont. I wish it did, that'd be an awesome way to farm gold if you could work it out =D

hickman48

Knight

Pont;581731 said:
Hmmmmm, does the oaks ish spawn here attack other monsters??
it attacks undead well the feys do so think about it do an undead spawn in isl drag it to the oaks spawn see who would win nera or oaks sright up i think oaks would but nera has the massive amount of undead she spawns

Khephren

Knight

yeah I often come around those little fairies killing skelerons next to blood dungeon... hehe...

in guildwars you see that alot.... monsters fighting each other...

Athena

Account Terminated

Moving to Bug Reports, this is a bug, Feys should attack all negative karma Players and Mobiles. They currently only attack negative karma players and the undead, they only attack the undead due to the opposition group.

I've confirmed this on OSI myself.

Xavier

Account Terminated

They do fight any evil mob on OSI as of today, and obviously was intended in runuo's AI. They use FightMode evil, which searches for targets with negative karma.

This is kind of messy. The problem is that the BaseAI relies on "Faction Foe" to prevent everything from fighting everything, thus just about every type of AI calls AcquireFocusMob() with faction foe check required. Then AcquireFocusMob() in BaseAI.cs checks bFactionFoe and returns before it checks for the "evil" fightmode.

I thought of several "good" ways to fix this, but that would be more time than its worth IMO, with new AI needing coded in anyway.

Heres the easy way, just re-structure the checks in BaseAI AcquireFocusMob(). Patch against today's SVN version attached.

EDIT: Added a big 1 line patch for the shadowwisps to fix their karma...

Attachments

• BaseAI.cs.patch
    1.1 KB · Views: 21

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

SRC Xavier;582041 said:
Heres the easy way, just re-structure the checks in BaseAI AcquireFocusMob(). Patch against today's SVN version attached.

Shadow Wisps have negative karma. Is it wrong? Should there be an exception for them? Or should we expect to see pixies and shadow wisps having at while players sit back and watch till level 2?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Nikki_Demise;582078 said:
Shadow Wisps have negative karma. Is it wrong? Should there be an exception for them? Or should we expect to see pixies and shadow wisps having at while players sit back and watch till level 2?

Well, like I said, this is the easiest fix - I would not care for two seconds if someone took and did something better. I just found the problem's cause and posted it; not very enthusiastic about C#.

I didn't check this on demise, but on OSI the shadow wisps don't have karma. I unlocked my old PK's karma and went to the champ spawn and killed the wisps.. zero karma gain. Stratics claims they have -500 karma, and alligators -600. Well when I went and killed two alligators, not only did I "gain a lot of karma", but I also am no longer dread. Then I killed a bogling which has -450 karma, "a lot of karma" again.

Also just to make sure they arent just silencing karma changes in the champ area, killed a couple pixies with positive character, and lost a lot of karma.

It seems our shadow wisps are just wrong, and so are stratics and uoguide.

EDIT: Just went to prism of light and killed a couple of shadow wisps there, instead of the Oaks spawn, and I couldnt gain any karma from them either. Im sure our wisps should be set karma 0.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Xavier is correct about shadow wisps. Regular wisps are karma sensative (ie they'll attack negative karma) BUT shadow wisps are not. I used them extensively to gather bones (they gave a bone practically every kill, didn't affect my karma, and there were a lot of them).

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Don't waste your time =[

Changed this to testing status, the BaseAI.patch needs testing to check that pixie's will attack ALL negative karma mobiles and not just undead (as it currently is on Demise).

psz

Administrator
Re: [TESTING] Pixies should attack all negative karma

Shadow Wisps are already set to 0 Karma in the latest SVN, so that won't be an issue for testing.

uome

Bug Hunter

I have been through all the spawn groups and they all behave well together except for the mobiles in the twisted glade spawn.

The raging grizzlies and the ferel treefellows attack twaulo and each other.
The ferel treefellows seem to attack negative and positive karma creatures like a drake and a serpentine dragon or just anything that isn't karma 0 it seems.

i'm going to try and think of different natural groupings of creatures and make sure they dont fight each other.
Also should positive karma creatures be fighting eveil wandering healers? I can't think of anywhere they spawn naturally together though.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

For every pairing you find that is not correct, it may be best to start a new bug report so this one can move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.