UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Pub 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter
[COMPLETE] Pub 46

Fixed

* Weapon Special Moves now require Weapon Skill and Tactics of appropriate skill levels. (i.e., 70 in each skill for primary weapon special moves, 90 in each skill for secondary weapon special moves).
o Exceptions to the Tactics requirement are the following:
+ Wrestling special moves.
+ Shadowstrike since it already requires 80 Stealth to perform.
+ Infectious Strike since it already requires Poisoning skill to be effective.
* Can no longer stack using a weapon special move and casting a spell or activating a skill ability.
* Hit Point Increase from items is now capped at 25.
* Enhance Potion from items is now capped at 50. Player characters with Alchemy skill receive an inherent bonus to Enhance Potion that can exceed this cap. The bonus to Enhance Potion equates to +10% for every 33 points of Alchemy (i.e., 80% at GM Alchemy).
* Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.
* Fractional values of meditation will now count towards mana regen
* Cancel targeting cursor when using the Hiding skill. This is to prevent abuses such as commanding your pet to kill, pressing a macro to hide, and then targeting the pet’s victim.

The next post in this thread will list what I need more data on. Anything not included in this thread has already been fixed, applies to items Demise doesn't have yet, or is being worked on in another thread(evasion).

Attachments

• Pub 46.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 9

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter
Re: Pub 46

• The Mana Regeneration item property is now subject to the principle of diminishing returns.
    • The hard cap on MR has been removed.
    • As the total MR from items increases, each successive point of MR will give less overall mana regeneration.
      • This means that adding more MR will always give more mana regeneration.
      • This also means that as you put more MR items on, you get less of a bonus from each additional MR item.
    • Having higher Meditation and / or Focus skill will give a bonus to mana regeneration gained from MR items.
This gives no numbers. I need some kind of numbers.

• Anything that can dismount a player character will now force an opponent out of Animal Form. This includes weapon special moves such as Dismount and Riding Swipe, items such as Bolas, and any creatures with Dismount, Raging Stomp, or Bola Throwing AI. The same timer will come into play for returning to animal form after being bola'd as currently exists towards remounting after being bola'd.
I think this is pretty straight forward except I can't find the messages.

* Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.
* Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

Is Death Strike damage still dependent on Ninjistu at all? if so to what degree? Is 0/0 hiding/stealth always 18 damage? Do you need 120 stealth/ 100 hiding to do 60 damage? Or how does Ninja skill change it? What is the new range of damage if the target doesn't move? Testing hint - using an archer to test top end damage would allow going under the 35 direct damage pvp cap.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

These aren't bugfixes or content additions. They are game/pvp balance corrections for specific sets of circumstances on OSI at a single point in time. I see no reason why they should be brought over willy nilly.

Yeah I know I shouldn't but I'm saying it anyway

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Nikki_Demise;561805 said:
* Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.
* Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

Is Death Strike damage still dependent on Ninjistu at all? if so to what degree? Is 0/0 hiding/stealth always 18 damage? Do you need 120 stealth/ 100 hiding to do 60 damage? Or how does Ninja skill change it? What is the new range of damage if the target doesn't move? Testing hint - using an archer to test top end damage would allow going under the 35 direct damage pvp cap.

I dont know if this is of any help at all, but here is the description of the Death Strike ability taken from the Stratics warrior forums. I thought it could maybe be of use since it speaks of a 60 damage cap and halved bow damage which I believe would mean it probably isn't outdated.

DEATH STRIKE [30 mana, 85 min skill, 120 skill gives 95.0% success]
NOTE: Damage from Death Strike is halved with bow attacks.

If you hit in combat & pass the check to use deathstrike this 30 mana attack halves the damage of your initial strike and then has one of 2 additional effects:

1) If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
2) If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

TRACKING: If you sucessfully track a target before you deathstrike, the next deathstrike attack will do additional damage as follows. Adds up to 10 damage based on the distance between where the target was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you deathstrike them. In addition you will do tracking /10 (rounded down bonus damage)
[Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill ]

DAMAGE IS CAPPED AT 60 (if they run) & 20 (if they stand still).
If you stack a second deathstrike attack, the caps change to 70 (if they run) & 30 (if they stand still). (IMO the extra 10 damage isnt worth another 30 mana.)

Note: The 5 sec damage is unaffected by choice of weapon or level of tactics/anatomy (you can even use wrestling).

In PvP Death Strike can be used to put your enemy in a dilemma: run and take 40 (up to 60 with tracking) or stay toe to toe with you and take 13 (up to 20 with tracking).

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

TRACKING SKILL
Tracking can give a damage bonus to your first deathstrike attack. The bonus is based on the distance between where your opponent was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you attack them. The greater the distance, the greater the bonus.

It does not take much tracking to track players that are near you. (I have 5 tracking, but I have heard you can track players with just 0.1 tracking skill.) If the players have hiding/stealth it will take a MUCH higher tracking skill to track them reliably.

Also, everyone is talking about wrestle mages but won't every PvP dexxer want to go 120 wrestling with an UBWS weap and save 90 points on tactics?

gugutz

Knight

I'm looking forward for this update.

This tactics fix is going to balance a lot of things on PvP. Thats friggin awsome.

Again, <3 Nikki owns. :)

*starts re-planning his templates*

Sly-demise

Sorceror

• Can no longer stack using a weapon special move and casting a spell or activating a skill ability.
How does this work? Casting a spell turns off the special? Having a special on prevents casting? A special simply doesn't go off if casting when you hit? If so does it stay active or is in deactivated?

Does this mean you'll no longer be able to use Evasion or Counter Attack with a Special Move? :( Saaaaay it ain't sooooooooooouohouoh!

You are a god of coding! I'd signal you to Ryan if he would be online :-P

Nikki_Demise;561805 said:
  • Can no longer stack using a weapon special move and casting a spell or activating a skill ability.
How does this work? Casting a spell turns off the special? Having a special on prevents casting? A special simply doesn't go off if casting when you hit? If so does it stay active or is in deactivated?

Hey... is that the famous "VerifyCast" boolean that is making us crazy in the Evasion bug? :)

Hyphy Train;561821 said:
Umm is there a way to wait for the uber ML items before nerfing everything before it even comes out?

I am seeing, about "fixings/tweaks", that there are still pre-AoS things to adjust, and it's much easier to update them to the last ML publish than to bring them in SE level and then have to see them again in ML. Especially because Demise had already in the past features tweaked at ML levels.

My idea is: if almost everything in SE is now ready to be implemented (intended as "new features", like instanced corpses, doom lever puzzle, necromancy potions, autostabling...), I think in a week or two we could start adding new ML contents.
This while fixing/tweaking things. We will try to select the order of things to implement, to cause less unbalancing as possible, although it will be inevitable during the whole process. Prepare yourself for the revolution! :-P

When we will start ML, I'll make a post on RunUO forums asking reinforcements :)
Yes, there is a big list of pre-ML things that appears we don't reach to go through, but I want to wait a little more before creating "another ML request", so people could understand better we are doing things seriously.

Lucifall

Knight

Sly-demise;561921 said:
Also, everyone is talking about wrestle mages but won't every PvP dexxer want to go 120 wrestling with an UBWS weap and save 90 points on tactics?
Would work if UBWS worked for wrestling.

Gisela;561899 said:
These aren't bugfixes or content additions. They are game/pvp balance corrections for specific sets of circumstances on OSI at a single point in time. I see no reason why they should be brought over willy nilly.

Yeah I know I shouldn't but I'm saying it anyway

I will just make a dexxer mage if this fix kicks in. Not really a problem to me. But Demise REALLY needs the spell cast speed fixed before adding this.

uome

Bug Hunter

gugutz;561982 said:
I don't wanna beat a dead horse here, but is this already under development?
A version of the doom lever puzzle found on the RunUO forums has been tested and seems ok but it's in the hands of the admin gods to make the final descision.

And anyone that feels like complaining please take it somewhere else, i can't say i'm happy with everthing thats being added but i'm keeping my opinions to myself. Please respect the work that is being done or it will put people off working on anything in the future.

gugutz

Knight

Thanks for the info uome!
*crosses fingers and prays to psz and mark*

uome said:
And anyone that feels like complaining please take it somewhere else, i can't say i'm happy with everthing thats being added but i'm keeping my opinions to myself. Please respect the work that is being done or it will put people off working on anything in the future.

Couldn't agree more. These changes would've happened anyway a long time ago since the game itself was changed by OSI. Im not happy with everything too, but i won't say anything because a lot of work is being done now, work that would probably take a lot longer to happen, and we are finally having some neat updates thanks to players who dedicate their times for the entire shard. Complaints will only push them off of coding.

gugutz;561990 said:
Couldn't agree more. These changes would've happened anyway a long time ago since the game itself was changed by OSI. Im not happy with everything too, but i won't say anything because a lot of work is being done now, work that would probably take a lot longer to happen, and we are finally having some neat updates thanks to players who dedicate their times for the entire shard. Complaints will only push them off of coding.

Or better, turn compliants to OSI/EA, not us :)

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Sly;561984 said:

Lucifall;561984 said:
Would work if UBWS worked for wrestling.

That response is enough to make a man cry. :(

Gisela

Bug Hunter

I'm not complaining (much), I am only saying we should use a little discretion in deciding what goes in and when. There are TONS of real bugs to be fixed and features to be added. These are things that would make everyone happy (and keep them playing) and IMO that beats picking a list of nerfs and working your way through it.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Gisela;562060 said:
I'm not complaining (much), I am only saying we should use a little discretion in deciding what goes in and when. There are TONS of real bugs to be fixed and features to be added. These are things that would make everyone happy (and keep them playing) and IMO that beats picking a list of nerfs and working your way through it.

Lets do keep in mind I did this list of nerfs by request because of the shit storm that was raised over my inclusion of pub 46 nerfs in my taming package.

Lets also keep in mind that I probably have more bug fixes and feature improvements sitting in the queue than anyone else and most of them aren't nerfs. This is not to brag it's just that I'm doing alot of code some will be liked some won't. Some of my work is hitting peoples most anticipated lists.

If you want to leave like you've now twice hinted at because you may not you're &*^% precious rune beetles may not get the chance to use rune beetles in their full historic(and apparently overpowered) glory. That would suit me fine since I'm more than a little tired of your constant attempts to discourage fixes from being implimented out of clear self interest.

Gisela said:
There are TONS of real bugs to be fixed and features to be added.

You may not like these fixes but they are just as real as fixing slow underskilled runebeetles.

These are things that would make everyone happy

You can NEVER make everyone happy. Pretty much every change has it's applauders and naysayers.

ps. At 7 complaints in 2 threads I think you are complaining much and have made you're opinion more than abundantly clear.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Gisela;562060 said:

Every single item on Demise (excluding the ML stuff as its been put aside) that is not like OSI is a bug and needs fixed, regardless of how big or how small. Obviously, its easier to churn out easier fixes than the more complex (ie stackables vs. evasion).

Even if one fix goes in that may seem to show imbalance, as far and fast as these things are getting done, it won't be left sitting in game, unbalanced for as long as it did on OSI.

Nikki - seriously, listen to me here.... before code was being done by players, in the 3 years as staff, it has always been this way. Everyone is happy to see the fun stuff go in but when it comes to carving a skill down or modifying items so they aren't as great, there are always "those posts" - I encourage you to keep coding! Besides, if it is such an imbalance unless something else goes in with it, I am sure the RunUO folks are more than capable of seeing it and holding off.

Its just the nature of the beast.

So - I'm stating now these posts need to be positive and productive. If there is a complaint after a fix goes in or you want to complain about a certain fix and petition it not go in until something else goes in, I would suggest taking it directly to psz. These forums are not meant to be here to decide what's better or more important... they are here to collaborate on coding. Negativity only breeds negativity and with negativity comes disgust and non-productive behaviors/conversations.

If you want to gripe about what I'm saying now, then send me a PM. I'm more than willing to talk with anyone about any feelings of disgust or contempt.

LC

Status
Not open for further replies.