UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Pub 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: Pub 46

Nikki, you have chosen to ignore the part where I said that I appreciate your work. Settle down.

Of course I am working in my own interest; that is what contributing to free software is about: scratching an itch. If I wanted a job I'd choose one that pays ;)

psz

Administrator

I just wanna know what defines a REAL bug, if "Doesn't work as it's supposed to" isn't a good enough definition :-P

Kiluad

Sorceror

psz;562140 said:
I just wanna know what defines a REAL bug, if "Doesn't work as it's supposed to" isn't a good enough definition :-P

I think his point was that some of these fix's counter stuff that doesn't exist on demise. so it can't be a fix, if it's not fixing anything, it's just nerfing certain characters who are suppose to have abilities that would make them too good without the nerf on these parts, but since the other powers don't exist, it doesn't really fix the balance, it just makes characters harder to use/useless. kinda like the idea of adding poison without cure

which i assume is being taken into account when choosing what's added, so i dunno why anyone's complaining.

unless whatever gets posted automatically gets added now.

psz

Administrator

That doesn't answer the question. :->

If it doesn't match OSI, it's not correct. If it's not correct, it's a bug :->

Thus, if it "nerfs" someone while making it match OSI, that means it's a REAL bugfix ;->

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Yep, I was talking about different classes of bugs. Surely you see the difference between 'Death Strike is now 50% less effective' and 'You can no longer smelt ore on a fire beetle ghost' :)

However, I now realize that any talk which might stem the current flood of code is a bad idea (if it stops and it may never start again)

Nerf away ;)

Kiluad

Sorceror

Gisela;562616 said:
Sigh.

I'm just talking, what on earth?

I don't get why people are so uptight about discussing what gets implemented and when..

there's tons of people who play this server, and tons more who use the SVN's. A lot of people are passionate about their hobbies (gaming), talking about what gets implemented and when is good and healthy for the whole community.

It's not like all this stuff is getting implement on Sunday or even today anyway..

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

These same conversations occur on OSI with every patch. I played for years and it has never changed. What one person values another will say it nerfs them. So goes life in UO -

Honestly, the only real difference between us and them in these conversations is that staff is around to handle the complaints and try to analyze them. On OSI its a "oh well, sucks to be you" situation when it comes to staff/player interactions.

Honestly, tho - if these changes didn't take place, you'd have every template completely out of whack. The changes are going in to help bring it down a notch and get everyone on the same playing field.

And honestly - smelting on a ghost is lame anywho. I only discovered it on OSI by accident. Why would a dead beetle produce heat? Logic fix, imho.

Kiluad

Sorceror

I have a question for LC or PSZ, since we're on the subject.

are we looking at
Kingdom Reborn content (June 27, 2007) and or
Stygian Abyss content (2009)

Because if we aren't, a lot of these things do need to be discussed and considered. Ultimately i don't care what gets added, but it would be nice to make sure we're following some kind of sense. are we going to need someone to make gargoyles? (god forbid).

If only half the content to the server gets added, what's the point of keeping on top of new trends? OSI/EA is all about "out with the old, in with the new" that's how they make their money, making the old ways of being useless, and forcing players who want to keep playing to update their clients or purchase something extra.

If the goal is to be 100% up to date with OSI on everything, cool.

If it's only going to be up to date till a certain addition was made to the game, i propose that these threads become discussion threads, and the people who makes a topic/post a bug fix/update, should keep track of the bugs in their scripts via PM and post the results on the first page, where's the rest of the thread would be dedicated to how the feature fits into the current game.

Just an idea, and a question. how far are we going? what's the cut off point?

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Kiluad;562658 said:
I have a question for LC or PSZ, since we're on the subject.

are we looking at
Kingdom Reborn content (June 27, 2007) and or
Stygian Abyss content (2009)

Because if we aren't, a lot of these things do need to be discussed and considered. Ultimately i don't care what gets added, but it would be nice to make sure we're following some kind of sense. are we going to need someone to make gargoyles? (god forbid).

If only half the content to the server gets added, what's the point of keeping on top of new trends? OSI/EA is all about "out with the old, in with the new" that's how they make their money, making the old ways of being useless, and forcing players who want to keep playing to update their clients or purchase something extra.

If the goal is to be 100% up to date with OSI on everything, cool.

If it's only going to be up to date till a certain addition was made to the game, i propose that these threads become discussion threads, and the people who makes a topic/post a bug fix/update, should keep track of the bugs in their scripts via PM and post the results on the first page, where's the rest of the thread would be dedicated to how the feature fits into the current game.

Just an idea, and a question. how far are we going? what's the cut off point?

It is my understanding KR is not an expansion it's EA's latest attempt at switching to a 3D client. There is no change in game mechanics that is part of KR.

SA has not been released yet so ML is still the current expansion.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Nikki_Demise;562669 said:
It is my understanding KR is not an expansion it's EA's latest attempt at switching to a 3D client. There is no change in game mechanics that is part of KR.

SA has not been released yet so ML is still the current expansion.

This is correct. KR is not new content. It's a client. The content of KR is exact to ML. SA is a new expansion, so in the end - yes, we'll go that far too.

As Nikki stated, right now ML is as current as OSI is so that's where we are going. When there is more, then we'll have a new goal.

LC

OneRumor

Wanderer

If you plan to have KR implemented into a free server like demise, that might be an issue... A friend of mine informed me that it's been said (I do this by hearsay only) KR is more or less impossible to emulate due to changes in how things are sent across the servers. Unless someone else knows, I don't think KR is going to be an option for free shards right now.

As far as I know:

- Our goal is to reach the OSI level. This is valid if we are coding only for Demise, though... we find ourselves to code for RunUO, so at the end we are coding to reach OSI level for pre-AoS, AoS, SE and ML. Four differents kind of Ultima shards.
- If you are going in fibrillation for new contents, chill down and take a xanax :) I believe in 1 or 2 weeks we could start working on it... although other things prior to ML should be implemented. Is there Direct and Chaos Damage now? If not, it will be impossible to implement part of ML.
- About KR: Developers said they will not work on them now because their official milestone is ML now. Jeff said it's not a matter of legal issues, but:
1) the fact the KR client handles gumps in a different way, so all of RunUO-created gumps will be useless. This would mean little for a player, but can mean much for a GM!
2) Being 3d, only OSI-like shards will work well on it.

Referring mainly to this thread: http://www.runuo.com/forums/general-discussion/96463-kr-support.html

I have heard, though, SA client will be a mix between KR and the old 2d client. Maybe it will be like the old 3d client, just with KR models?

Nikki_Demise;561802 said:
Fixed

* Weapon Special Moves now require Weapon Skill and Tactics of appropriate skill levels. (i.e., 70 in each skill for primary weapon special moves, 90 in each skill for secondary weapon special moves).
o Exceptions to the Tactics requirement are the following:
+ Wrestling special moves.
+ Shadowstrike since it already requires 80 Stealth to perform.
+ Infectious Strike since it already requires Poisoning skill to be effective.
* Hit Point Increase from items is now capped at 25.
* Enhance Potion from items is now capped at 50. Player characters with Alchemy skill receive an inherent bonus to Enhance Potion that can exceed this cap. The bonus to Enhance Potion equates to +10% for every 33 points of Alchemy (i.e., 80% at GM Alchemy).
* Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.
* Fractional values of meditation will now count towards mana regen
* Cancel targeting cursor when using the Hiding skill. This is to prevent abuses such as commanding your pet to kill, pressing a macro to hide, and then targeting the pet’s victim.

Sorry for the dumb question, but can you guarantee all of this will work only on ML shards?

Status
Not open for further replies.