UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Tournaments Fri 12/09/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer Mia

Wanderer
(Complete) Tournaments Fri 12/09/05

Friday 12/09/05 at 3PM Est Time (GM - 5) gates will open for two tournaments. There will be a 1v1 followed by a 2v2.

- No potions (Except Refresh which is allowed by default)
- Magic Weapons/Armor ARE Allowed
- EDIT: No poisoned weapons.
- All of these automated events require you to bring your own supplies. Bring as much as you think you will need to get through, because if you run out and loose as a result that's just tough luck on your part. (This means there are no limitations on how much you CAN bring.) Fortunately, there is a banker in the arena area so that if you need to restock between rounds you can.
- No summons or field spells.
- No hiding or spells of invisibility.

SE ATTACKS AND SPELLS WILL NOT WORK AS THEY ARE NOT CODED INTO THE TOURNY SYSTEM YET. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Gates will open at the following locations:

Luna Moongate

West Britain Bank, Trammel

Buccaneers Den Bank, Felucca

Seer Mia

Wanderer
Anybody can show up just to spectate if you want to. The way it works is you go through the event gate which takes you to the arena area. Being in the arena area doesn't automatically mean you are competing, as you have to signup using the gold signup books if you want to actually fight.

Saffa

Sorceror
pls make rules more specific.for ex no summon spells, how many bandages? regs? and cure and refrest potions can be allowed..also what s GMT can u explain pls

Seer Mia

Wanderer
Thanks for the feedback. Coming from Hybrid, I forget that you guys don't already know all this stuff. ;) I clarified in the rules now that you should bring your own supplies, as much as you think you will need.

For those having questions about time zones, I have posted a link to a very nicely done Time Zone converter by American Express now under Events. I will leave this there permanently.

Saffa

Sorceror
ok u are a great staff.but pls make rules more clear, number of potions bandages regs,no summon spells,no hiding like that, anyway thanks

pbguy434

Knight
Uhh, there are no limit to regs, bandages, REFRESH potions, and the default rules (which seem to be applying here) does not allow summons or field spells.

Hiding? I can almost garuntee its not useable, even if it is it is completely pointless, and chances are it will be a disadvantage.

And you can not use cure potions, thats just lame. Along with heal potions and all the other potions.

Thanks Mia so much for this thread (Schedules really are appreciated!).

How do you like the jump from Hybrid to a "trammy" shard?

Saffa

Sorceror
we ll see on pvp, what ll people do and i suggest potion capped and player can choose its potion what he want.for ex me 10cure 10refresh or others 5refresh 5cure 5poison 5heal, i mean total of potions should be capped,also regs bandages too,

pbguy434

Knight
Saffa said:
we ll see on pvp, what ll people do and i suggest potion capped and player can choose its potion what he want.for ex me 10cure 10refresh or others 5refresh 5cure 5poison 5heal, i mean total of potions should be capped,also regs bandages too,
That makes things too complicated. People with cure and heal potions will quite frankly be extremely hard to take down, and requires no skill at all.

I doubt that it will be done, but that is just from my point of view.

huh

Wanderer
Will someone, anyone, please record the tourney so that those of us who are not fortunate enough to be available can watch them later?

ProFF7

Wanderer
- No potions (Except Refresh which is allowed by default)

excuse me but thats EXTREMELY unfair. what about ppl that use Enhance Potions jewelry as a strategy? and what about those few that chose to include Alchemy as a combat skill? i wanted my PvP character to be original for a changue, specially when most PvP character types are like clones and stuffed with artifacts. he is a Necromancer-Poisoner-Alchemist, and i have spent a hard time getting proper equipment for him. Alchemist Bauble (30% EP) and 25% EP ring which is not easy to get, apart from all the extra equipment. what do i get with this? extra healing with potions, more damage with explosive potions (Alchemy has an effect here too), extra bonus with Agility and strenght potions, and Cure potions are more effective. you know what i get of this if we cant use potions: NOTHING. no extra healing, no bonus on stats, and damn, no extra damage from explosive potions, which is a offensive resource i use. 100 points in Alchemy wasted, and same happens with jewelry. sure some ppl will tell me to just be like all the other cliched pvp characters. be a mage and use ultra-duped FCR/FC Jewelry and load with artifacts, and use refresh potions to fill your crappy stamina (mages need refresh potions, and it seems they are being helped in this)

i find is ABSOLUTELLY UNFAIR if a part of the game is removed like this, arbitrary. why let refresh potions being used and not the other? why else would OSI include a enhance potions property on items? they all have a effect on the game, are PART of the game. if they are removed, remove them all, or let us use all

That makes things too complicated. People with cure and heal potions will quite frankly be extremely hard to take down, and requires no skill at all.

I doubt that it will be done, but that is just from my point of view.

thats not true. heals can only be used every 10 seconds, and 20-22hp every 10 seconds is not that much. and cure potions are supposed to be more difficult to work the higher the poison level, and you can only use a cure every x time. if thats not true, then fix the potions, dont forbide them

they dont need skill? loading with artifacts, godly jewelry to gank spells as a machinegun, scrolls, and 23819238% damage increase and 200% SSI weapons must require a lot of skill to use..... at least you must press a button to use potions, and hell, learning those extra keys to use each kind of potion requires at least SOME skill. and throwing explosive potions requires a hell of skill to use effectively so they dont blow in your face

and seriously. potions are not infinite, and ppl will die anyway, using them or not.

excuse me for my bad english, but im in anger after reading the limitation for potions. at least this is easy to fix. just allow potions and all is ok

pbguy434

Knight
Wow dude, stop whining. And a little FYI - there are explosion potion throwing scripts out there. Hit the hotkey, target, and boom insta hit.

Looks like you lucked out and feel like complaining some more. Start a new guy for tournaments, having two guys to choose to pvp with is mad fun. And OSI put in EP to play with, not to duel. There are no rules to prohibit you from using your uber jewelry outside of the tournament - and if you haven't noticed we are not OSI.

And on the no skill for mages thing. Effectively using a mage to PvP with has to be the most difficult template to use. And being a GOOD dexxer takes some slight skill aswell, but not nearly as much as a mage. And there are no 200% SSI weapons out there...Don't see where ya got that one from...

Eh, I don't exactly feel like wasting time posting right now. So I guess I won't see you and your pot weilding awesomeness at the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.