UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Shadow Siege Challenge - Information Thread

Bjorg

Wanderer
Re: Shadow Siege Challenge - Information Thread

Hyphy Train;499841 said:
Boats are good, but who`s to say we`ll be by an open bed of water? For all we know, it could be in Yew, with no open bodies of water for screens and screens away.

I bet LC just loves all of the speculation!

Pont

Knight

Moonglow eh....
4 entrances through gates by land, 1 harbour in need of protection for sea attacks and a big hole in the ground.
hmmmm....

uome

Bug Hunter

Moonglow eh?
I was kind of hoping for Trinsic or Vesper but Moonglows nice. At least it's not Luna because i would have just let the damn place burn to the ground. :p

I just had an idea but it dosn't seem to work :(

Attachments

• gates.JPG
    gates.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 194

Pont

Knight

Ok here goes nothing......
  • Choke points - I have marked choke points out on the attached plan. These include 4 possible entrances by land, 1 by sea and the possibility of an attack via the teleporters in the centre of town. Of course the enemy may be able to teleport through the fences..... so best to lay down a perimeter defence. I suggest within your own groups to spread out and keep in contact on weak points.
  • Chickens - There is a pen in the middle of the town. Maybe LC will put all the chickens there? I think it would be wise if this is the case to open the pen and let the chickens spread, but not too near the fences! Also we may get jokers who are going to release pets and this could be bad if one gets released there. The chickens need to be monitored and healed when needed. Lets not put all our eggs in one basket, eh :D. Oh and they can't be herded...
  • Healers - I assume LC will remove the healers from the town, if anyone has healers then maybe they can put them in the empty healer building if this occurs.
Any other ideas?.....anyone?

Oh and this link may be usefull for those in different time zones: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

Event should start at 2pm EST.....ready?

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 166

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The townsfolk of Moonglow have heard rumor of a great battle that will be taking place... the shadows emerging and materializing into great fighters.... all but one silly farmer who is determined to bring his chickens in to sell at the market today.

ne14pic

Sorceror

oh thank god, i thought the last monster added said ferris

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Here's to 1 chicken dying.

I can buy a rose of trinsic if I want, fruit basket isn't available.

thea_zara

Sorceror

Aye, I wish to third the issue, LC. This was a fine event, even if it was a little silly over all. (says the chick who spent the last ten minutes 'fencing in' what we thought was the 'last chicken standing' ) Boo to those whining about prizes. At the heart of this shard is a community and if we can't come together to be silly and kill some fun enemies, and save the chickens, well then that's just a community i wouldn't want to be part of. I thank you for the time and effort put into the event and the patience listening to prize 'whiners' after the event.

After all that time trying to save 'em I just couldn't bring myself to eat my prize. I think I shall bury it in a shallow grave in the back yard, perhaps with a nice valorite marker etched with the name 'Save Meh'.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: (completed) Shadow Siege Challenge - Information Thread

You were all able to successfully save 14 chickens; however, per the rules listed - you won a cooked bird :)

Perhaps if you challenge me again, there will be a few more stipulations ;)

Pont

Knight

Thank you for the event LC. :)
In hindsight it probably would of been a better tactic to cast wall as soon as the chicken coop was opened to block the chickens from escaping. Then to have people lure the mobs away from them.
But thats in hindsight and I didn't know what to expect really.

Next time.....

Pont;500298 said:
Thank you for the event LC. :)
In hindsight it probably would of been a better tactic to cast wall as soon as the chicken coop was opened to block the chickens from escaping. Then to have people lure the mobs away from them.
But thats in hindsight and I didn't know what to expect really.

Next time.....

well I tried to animate the scene by screaming like "Saving Private Ryan" :D

I'm saddened that I missed out on the prize. :(

Also, what might be interesting for a PvM event is instead having, as a boss, Chief Paroxysmus. He'd probably never die, due to all the noob tamers who were too stupid to realize that part of his script includes "eating" every pet thrown at him, instantly killing them and restoring him to full health. Which can be rather painful when he has 100,000 HP.

uome

Bug Hunter

I'm surprised we managed to save 14 in the end.
I decided it would be best to try and lure the monsters away and store them in nearby public buildings, much quicker than killing them and it kept them as far away from the chickens as possible. I tried my best to defend the east gate this way but in the end i just alt+left click on a nearby chicken and followed it around casting gift of renewal on it.
I had a lot of fun though.
Thanks LC :)