UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Corrupt time on sigils

Afro Man

Wanderer
Corrupt time on sigils

Is there any chance of the corruption times being lowered? Right now I'm finding it a little hard to get people dedicated enough to stay on for 18 hours to guard sigils. It is also a pain in the ass to capture them at 8 in the morning. I feel changing the times would make factions a lot more enjoyable because most people like the fast pace faction system they remembered on Test. Not asking for an extremly large time change just maybe 10-12 hours instead of the 18. Please look into this. *More people play factions for the raids, i think this could increase the faction population making UOG better!*

Hohenzollern

Wanderer
There were longer sigil corrupt times on OSI. I think they're fine currently. If raids are what people enjoy, then longer corrupt times allow for more raids. In fact, it often takes many days of fighting between factions for any one faction to get it together enough to capture a town.

i agree it would be better ( in my opinion that is ) if the time was lowered. i just dont find myself wanting to steal sigs and guard for 18 hours ( and im sure many others )

Wow.

i wish that was the issue to be honest, but it is not what alot of people dont see is there are no more raids and fun in factions because of faction guards being placed infront of faction bases. I mean faction guards are good in factions anywhere but in front of faction bases it unbalances factions way to much place them 10 tiles away it will be fine. please look into this, Just the other day one of my freinds could not even quit TB because he could not make it in TB base with out dieing to guards. The only thing GM bill did to help was come to my house and kill my character for complaining and revoked our paging rights, he told us to be creative wouldnt even teleport us into the faction base so he could quit. what a cool guy eh?

BrandT

Wanderer
I also agree on the 10-12 corruption time. We don't have the massive playerbase that OSI had to guard sigils for a whole day.

I also support, i like the idea of making it difficult to capture towns which 18 hrs does. But i more like the raids, and constant pvp. Lower time most certainly like afro said help the faction playerbase, by not only bringing new people but also by bringing players who quit do to factiosn not being as active as it was when it was first introduced. Can also lower the purifying times as well maybe down to a day and a half or something? I mean, factions is about large field pvp, not 2 thieves getting on at 5am to take sigs from other bases.

BrandT

Wanderer
"I mean, factions is about large field pvp, not 2 thieves getting on at 5am to take sigs from other bases."

Exactly, which is why, in my opinion, shortened corruption timers would re-vamp factions.

We have already changed the corrution time. If we lower it, it will give an advantage to another faction. We already changed it because the largest faction had an advantage.

Not sure how a few hours will make a difference, you still need more then 4 people on to capture a sigil.

Afro Man

Wanderer
"We have already changed the corrution time. If we lower it, it will give an advantage to another faction. We already changed it because the largest faction had an advantage.

Not sure how a few hours will make a difference, you still need more then 4 people on to capture a sigil."

Well, I wasn't asking for 2 hours because that is fairly usless.. I had 6-8 hour change, 10-12 hours in total. What difference would that make? All the difference in the world, right now you have to get on at 5, 6, 7 in the morning to steal sigs and krrios is the only person dedicated enough to actually do that. If the times were lowered to 12 hours it would make it a hell of a lot easier to corrupt becasue people are willing to play from 12 in the afternoon to 12 at night. One night Minax had about 15 people and 3 tamers, after server wars a lot of them logged off because it was 3:40 in the morning and people have things to do the next day, they don't like the idea of their lives revolving around a game, not many people do. So we lost the sigils.. if the corruption times were say 6 hours less people would have stayed knowing that they were almost ready to place.

i concur

as fun as uo is, i refuse to lose sleep over a game

and if anyone thinks of posting "thats why you dont get sigs because you arent dedicated"

its because i have a life (work, girls, school ect) , not because i am not dedicated

Fatality

Sorceror
You know what? IM IN COM AND I AGREE!

Heres where I win...

Ready for this? okay... Chesapeake factions = DEAD

if they were to put up a OSI TC UO:R the factions would be = full

Im tired of always having the sigils, always killing the few minax who come and risk their shit vs our guards, it gets kind of boring...Maybe if COM ( me ) was on the shit end of the stick lookin to get our towns back, it would be so much more exciting and fun, hell I say the corruption times go down to 1 hour as itll make people more on their feet and make a VERY FAST pacing VERY FAST raiding kind of wars, it would be more fun because people wouldn't say "Oh its okay we will get them in 2 hours when some log off" because they only have 1 HOUR! so they will be saying "GO GUYS NOW!! WE ONLY GOT 10 MINUTES!!" It would be so much more fun, Hell when factions first came out we had what? 600 online? now we are back down to 400...I think the Staff all need to join a different faction and stop bandwagoning and maybe you will see the odds of the sides and how much bullshit it is for a minax trying to get some points...Its nearly impossible to get in and out of com base, and even if you do get in, you need to worry about the COM and the traps AND the guards when you run out...I mean jesus christ, You GMS need to do what you do best, enforce new shit and make this game worth playing...Stop sitting around sending premade messages to players and maybe GO to them once in a while =) Also for factions, Can we PLEASE put in a script where if somebody is at -6 they get put back to 0 in like a day or so? because Im tried of chasing somebody for 6 minutes and finally killing them to say that they dont have a fucking point....Guys seriously think about it. :mad:

Fatality

Sorceror
Woah woah woah big boy lungs, before you come on and flame the shit out of me you better realise you the fuck you think YOU are, First off Im not here to pose anybody's names, I can care less if Fatality is a good player or not, hes not on UO is he?...is he? uh no hes not...until he starts playing UO, Shut your fucking mouth, my name isn't even the fucking concern of issues here, how the fuck old are you kid? go to bed its 11:18 PM you have school tomorrow...

Danny Boy

Wanderer
Well anyways, you guys talk jibberish. Fatality, why did you make a new user on Forums? The real Fatality is Fatality.K.O. :( you are just a fake, copy cat :( and sad sir

Lowering time will give advantage to another faction? Thats the whole idea, so you dont get to be care free about sigs, you'll be more challeneged and making factions more active. And is that also why guards wont be tweaked to how REAL uo guards are, to not give away advantages to other factions?

Afro Man

Wanderer
Fatality makes an excellent point.. no matter what ANY faction does it is near impossible, actually no.. IMPOSSIBLE to get sigs out of CoM fucking base back to ours and hold for 18 hours, right now its NEVER going to happen and i know for a fact a large amount of SL and Minax are about to call it quits because its just a pointless waste of regs.. do something cause this is bullshit.

Afro Man

Wanderer
Also as you can see it is boring and stupid for people IN CoM to play. Don't you think it's about time something is done?

Giant-hybrid

Wanderer
Good Idea

The faster corruption times are a great idea, and Gm Bill is a great gm! He came and warned 5 of us in Britain to stop res killing for "no reason" or he would kill us. The reason to res kill is hes com happy now? Oh yeah and then he killed Deathjester with his gm powers. Quit abusing your fucking privledges.

Raoilin

Wanderer
SIgil corruption times should be lowered definatly. and this is why I feel this way. For Minax or SL to take the sigils they would ahve to have at least 5 good PvPers logged in for 18 hours, Com and TB (TB could potentially but not atm with CoM being assholes to them ;/) can set gaurds at home and have a person check the guards every 10 minutes and if there is trouble he calls his buddys in and stops the threat NP. The guards are just as strong as the OSI guards were and this is a problem because on OSI you could gather a raiding party of 25+ people easiily. On UOGamers its hard to get more than 6 people who know what their doing. Its the exact same problem with corruption times. Its hard to find people who will stay on for 4 hours defending sigils. Not to metnion 18 hours and when you have no guards to help you out and 3 good people your sigils are BOUND to be taken. I think a reduction of sigil corruption time to 12 hours would be benefical in the fun area to all palyers across the board. This is coming from the most unbaised opinion I can muster.