UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Corrupt time on sigils

Fatality

Sorceror
Okay But!!! , Say we do get the sigils changed to lets say 5 hours....and say minax has all of them, as COM is so big, we will have no problem coming and taking them....Will you be fine with that or will you bitch because COM is too big?

Reuip

Wanderer
I think I actually agree with 12 hours. I used to play Legends, which was quite a smaller shard compared to some of the larger ones, and we'd even have problems finding enough people to stay up a whole 24 hours. Things were a lot easier in the summer, but I know that I'm not going to be pulling all-nighters on most given days (being that I work, etc.) and I definitely wouldnt try that when school starts back up.

Guards, in my opinion, aren't too bad a problem, we go in with a few SL peacemakers and take them out when we can, but last night, we got a real nice sized raiding party going for once, and I remember saying, we're going to obliterate them, theres only three COM guarding, and in the end I got some funny screenshots of 20 guys in pink getting owned by 7 guards and two nightmares that were wandering the entrance after we had already taken out a good hanful of guards, at least 5 or so. If any changes are made, limit how many can be placed in a time period, that way if we actually wipe them out, they cant just keep replacing them right away. Magnicia especially has enough silver to keep that up for a good while, and it is hard to find good raiding parties nowadays (especially in all pink..)

Raoilin

Wanderer
And for those who think "Why should the person have to wait 100 minutes just to place 10 guards" Heres what id say- 10 Guards are 1 HELL of a good defense. a different faction has to have at least 5 people on to defend sigs for 18 hours..... not 100 minutes for a great defense system.

Reuip

Wanderer
Yeah, im liking the idea pretty well. Any GMs have any opinions? Think I'll start a thread in the ideas area on it.

Im pretty sure i can guarntee that guards for regular osi/ea uo was less powerful, you culd get a few ppl to just come kill a guard or 2. Also i believe that directly relates to guards not being blocked by npc's or boxes, they freely walked over them. And i dont think anyone wuld bitch if com over powered us, or any other faction? Im supporting the idea for more faction pvp, and if minax gets some towns, awesome!

C

Cricket

If we ever got some towns, it wouldn't last.

Let's say theoretically the GMs GAVE AWAY all of the cities from CoM to the other factions... There isn't a chance in hell any of the other factions could ever hold CoM off from taking them.

As is, factions is extremily disproportionate (we all know why...), and I don't foresee any changes in city possession in the near future.

~C

Afro Man

Wanderer
I do, but i guess thats my optimism speaking.. but still if we can get the corruption times changed we still have a better chance then we do now.

C

Cricket

It is your optimism...

"IF we can get the corruption times changed..."

That would make it harder for CoM to hold the sigils. Won't happen.

"Than we do now"

Heh...that isn't really saying anything, since right now we have no realistic chance.

Go Minax...:>

~C

Xpistos

Wanderer
(so everyone is in the know this is sphincter)

I definitely agree with afro on this. Corruption times should be lowered. I'm always sittin in CoM base just waiting for them to bring back sigs so I can steal them YET again.

As I am teh pwnzorest thief evar, I manage to get into CoM base pretty regularly with no problem, but still. It can be ridiculous. We always manage to get the sigs, and then ment will come in and just use KUOC to clear out all our tables n shit, and its crap.

I mean come on, when a character can just run in and move all our shit in two seconds, you know something is fucked.

Minax has good people in it that can defend, and I think if we got sigil corruption times lowered, we could get ourselves some towns.

And also, any Minax reading this, stay by the damn stone when we guard you fools. Chasing TB/CoM around the mountain side is dumb as hell, as we've told you before probably.

Damn yo.

~nacho is my love slave irl

Giant-hybrid

Wanderer
You Sir Are Correct

Son of Wanker said:
Im pretty sure i can guarntee that guards for regular osi/ea uo was less powerful, you culd get a few ppl to just come kill a guard or 2. Also i believe that directly relates to guards not being blocked by npc's or boxes, they freely walked over them. And i dont think anyone wuld bitch if com over powered us, or any other faction? Im supporting the idea for more faction pvp, and if minax gets some towns, awesome!

I used to kill every type of faction guard on osi shards 1 vs 1. That is impossible to accomplish here considering for 1 they always stack the guards and two they cast gh when they get below 80% life. Not to mention how they cast flamestrike faster than i can cast magic arrow.

Giant-hybrid

Wanderer
You know what I Think? I think everyone should just quit factions and war each other in o/c guilds. The pvp will be mostly in town which means no gay meteor swarms. Also we would still have all of the oranges because we would all be at war with each other and be in order and chaos. We wouldnt have to worry about faction guards because they would be blue to all of us. IC! could have their sigils and enjoy fighting soloers..lol. All the tamers in pvp would disappear and maybe we could possibly enjoy real pvp. Who really gives a fuck about owning town sigils? Maybe a miracle would even occur and the staff might get together and talk about why everyone is boycotting factions. They might even possibly change some things like perhaps the corruption times/faction guards/bonded or tamed pets in factions. The only way things might possibly change, is if everyone quits. It's sad but true.

Agreed....my suggestion is if your not already in a guild but faction with some good friends you know alot start up a guild go o/c declare wars on the people who are in the same allignment with you for even more oranges atleast thats what we did on chessy it's really not hard to get a guild going people get 6 ppl you know well get a damn teamspeak server going assign some healers call some targets.

as for people hoping factions will be fixed and balanced more it's just not going to happen anytime soon imo because of the sheer fact that the staff isn't going through the greif that most of us go through trying to fight in them..

Afro and myself have talked about it, but it'll prolly just be a new guild for us, i tend to see that s3x stays in factions. Who knows, and i just pray that factions is fixed :\

Kitsch

Wanderer
I also feel that corruption time being lowered would be a quick and easy way to not only encourage more faction activity, but to make those already in factions have more fun. As to the guards, I agree there too.

One other thing I am wondering about (which may be addressed elsewhere, I didn't see) was why the minax base is over by destard instead of where it is on OSI, by papua. there it's just ruins. Certainly though it would be more convenient if the minax characters could get to a town to buy regs, bandages, whatever they need, easily. Skara Brae is pretty close but faction-controlled, so until that gets captured it isn't really that viable; it's also farther away. It wouldn't unbalance anything either because people could recdu recsu from the moonglow magery shop.

also cloud I don't really share your pessimism because there are plenty of easy fixes on the road to more perfect factions

I'm in favor as well. A shortened corruption time would increase the frequency of raiding and thus the involvement in Factions and thus the involvement in UOG in general.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
This thread was so 2004 why bring it back 10 years later? lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nothing is more fucking annoying then you people bringing up old threads from over 4 years ago.... stop the bullshit.. This makes the shard look fucking stupid and fucking desperate for action and conversation.... Nothing new.. LETS just bring up 4 plus years ago.. MAKE NEW MEMORIES.

i can start bumping hundreds of threads, because i can and theres literally dick you can do about it rofl

in fact, since you've made it publicly obvious how much it irritates you, i may just do it now.

INC.