UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Crashing after reccalling-

Stormcast

Sorceror
I recently Patched all the way to where everthing is covered with snow- But now some times when I reccall my client crashes. This has never happened to me does it have to do with me patching?

smooth85

Sorceror
happens to me 50% of recalls, sometimes on gates too. annoying as hell when i recall into a hot location, then when i re-log and im dead.

frustrating, but no idea wtf to do about it.

FacePump

Knight
try recalling to your island house.. to crash and get warped to main land cus u logged out at sea :! blows ass badly

only thing i know that works is not patching all the way.... im gunna go back to the 6 series.. you might be able to see the new mounts in teh low 7's instaed of patchin all the way..

Blackoutx86

Wanderer
Same problem but it's usually when I am at Britain Bank and try to recall away somewhere else. Especially when I have bank open and try to recall of a boat key, but being close to bank will often crash me as well. I just try to remember to run away from the bank before porting and that helps, doesn't fix it, but helps.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've tried recalling and gating from/to Britain bank, Delucia and random spots, tried some vendors gates at Britain, recalling with the bank open and recalling while in a party with the Razor positioning system open, and I haven't crashed yet. (I'm on 7.0.11.2.)

ecurb12849

Sorceror
Just like Shino90 i am patched and i can recall or gate anywhere i have not had any issues, try maybe a defrag or a reinstall or a whole new computer, I patched up from 6.0.6.1 to 7.0.11.2 and i defrag often, its possible that during some of your updates files became scattered and when you change location your shit crashed because of lag in map file load time. try it out it cant hurt and i hope it helps at least one person :)

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I have re-installed uo and patched to 7.0.8.2. Today, del duel pit is full of afk players. I would expect client trash after recall/gate from the crowd. Amazingly, I do not have problem. :)

Note: With my old uo client (fully patched), > 99% I will have my client crash.

FacePump

Knight
i did a total reinstall from scratch thinking the years of diff clients or user profiles being installed back n forth mighta messed with something.. so i did a add/remove prog unistall of uo .. then i went and manualy cleaned up all the directories deleting everything.. uo unistall leaves alot of shit behind ^^..

got the newest avail client downloaded and then fully patched.. then i deleted and unistalled razor and did a fresh reisntall of it.. idk the exact patch number im at but im fully patched.. when i got on my 3rd recall it made client crash ..
so i rage quit for today :)

as for me if i was a new player finding this game.. id not jump thru all these hoops to get the game to actualy work .. we need some kinda fix or a staff suggestion on the best client to patch to, especially for the NEW PLAYERS.. i really dont like unistalling and reinstalling 1923123x trying to figure out the best of both worlds where i can see the new items and not crash..

Countessa

Knight
....get the game to actualy work .. we need some kinda fix or a staff suggestion on the best client to patch to, especially for the NEW PLAYERS.. i really dont ......

Afaik, we have not been able to successfully recreate the instance that causes the crash so there is nothing to suggest.
You've had no luck with a fresh install; I don't crash at all with either the newest install from scratch nor from a full patch from client version 6.0.14.0. We're working on it (as in other people not me) and when we know, you will too (or Mark will fix it if its fixable).

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I think you may need a slower connection, then you may have chance to reproduce the case. When I used the fully patched version, I only crash when recalling/gating from the screen full of players.

smooth85

Sorceror
If it makes any difference, I'm running XP (still!)... I'm at 7.0.11.2 and still crashing on probably 1/3 recalls. I just keep multiple uo windows up and ready for a quick re-log.

I seem to be crashing if i recall to brit bank on sallos on patch 6.0.5 never use to do that before but maybe it was because of all the population there from new years???

If it makes any difference, I'm running XP (still!)... I'm at 7.0.11.2 and still crashing on probably 1/3 recalls. I just keep multiple uo windows up and ready for a quick re-log.

lawl. you are having to do the multiple windows thing for recalling as if you were playing poker in brit back in the day!!!

FacePump

Knight
I think you may need a slower connection, then you may have chance to reproduce the case. When I used the fully patched version, I only crash when recalling/gating from the screen full of players.

i live a few states away from teh server with a 10mb connection .. i doubt thats the case

Paracelsus

Sorceror
My ping is talking about 250+ ms (always). Normally 300-500 ms. This is the slow connection I mean.
The fact is: I have tried two versions after the warning message.
1) fully patched to the latest (now removed) - I got the recall/gate crash from the crowd.
2) 7.0.8.2 (current) - the crash no longer happens. The only problem is that I cannot see the boura. :(