UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current Roleplaying Situation.

Aveit

Wanderer
Current Roleplaying Situation.

Let me start off by saying each and everyone is free to roleplay as they please.
In no way I am trying to do them harm or prove them wrong. I do however feel we could change some things around for the better of the roleplaying. Knowing that our views on certain manners can be diffrent, I’ll still try and convince you otherwise.
I hope your replies can be constructive, as is how this post is meant to be.

I’ve might not been into roleplaying on UOGamers for that long, I give it about three weeks so far. But in these few days I’ve been quitte shocked/amazed by some of the roleplaying going on.
For starters, I love the fact roleplay is being promoted with the help of a city such as Tenebrea. I thank the staff for that and envy ToF for the use of it.
I’ve seen a great bunch of active roleplayers(or learning roleplayers) or players who tend to play along without bashing the all known facts that we speak and act in a homosexual way.

As many of you know, I’ve been promoting my personal guild the “Buccaneers of Dreadskull Bay” and must say I’m actually relieved and glad to see such a positive responds and sign ups. Not only loved because we Roleplay, but most likley that we keep our standards high. Unlike some other guilds we do not grief, roleplay well and are restricted in a few ways.
When walking trough Tenebrea I met a good bunch of ToF players. I was actually glad to see a decent sized community to Roleplay with. I do however mean no harm in my following explainations, but more of a pointer.
I’ve seen many riding Ethereal horses (Which should be in no way used in roleplaying, perhaps a wizzard, but even then) Platemail armored guards chugging and throwing potions, magic usage by ever member.
This is not mainly directed at ToF, I’ve seen the Orcs, Savages be no better then that. (Thumbs up for my Pirates!)

When roleplaying you stay in character. hence the word roleplaying.
When you play a strong guard, with broad armor and sharp swords, please try and act like one! I’ve seen them on Ethereal horses doing all of the named above (ea use of magic and what not).
When you play an orc, sure bash on things, be violant! It’s in your nature. I do however have yet to meet a smart orc, knowing how to paralize, cast explosion and what not on their victem. To make it worse, pretty much every “Orc” I’ve seen around here play as such. Same goes for the Savages, you should have your “shamaans” or nature based spells. But a para-explo gank, chugging potions and house banning is not roleplaying.
As I understand, many of you find it hard to keep up with the grievers and pk’s around without a magic / magic resist spell. But that’s the penalty you get for roleplaying. You should try to look/act pass that. Keep your encounters with them as little as possible. As an example of my own guild, I believe Pirates are in no way to be using Magic (Some choose they do, as the AAR guild, that would be there own thing to pick). We use swords and bows for our attacks. Also, we don’t simply kill on sight. The reason it’s called Roleplaying is mainly because there’s a story behind everything. We simply ask them for a toll to pass, if they refuse, fair enough, they’ll get a fight. If they actually pay, they’re free to go. If we want to be mounted, sure! But make sure its a regular horse. Magery? Not a chance, only for out of character travel.

To discribe the story behind things a bit more. Recently I’ve been to ToF’s temple with a guildmate, we start picking a fight, got offended and “knocked” their leader out (Which was aranged out of character with him personally). We we went outside, killed him and ran off. This because we got offended (in character only!). That attack/insult was the start of a war many might not know about. The pirates will be striking Tenebrea soon to defend their honor, all in good fun. What got to me that olmost every ToF member hopped on their Ethereal mounts, precasted some offensive spell and ran after us. Eventhough we got away, I didn’t feel that was a good roleplayed scenario.

I’d each and everyone of you roleplayers, but especially the Guild Leaders, to instruct the rest. Great numbers of a guild are great! But don’t become just another PK squad with a “Roleplay” label. I’ve seen alot of quality around and believe this could really show off if player restricted themselve to one kind of style for his or her character. If any of the roleplaying guilds feel offended here, feel free to change my mind. I mean no harm with this post, just pointing out what I’ve seen and what I dispised to be honest.

All I have left to say is happy roleplaying, hope this will make you scratch behind your back and actually living up to the life of a roleplayer, as harsh as it can be between grievers and murders.
ToF, you insulted the wrong pirates, get your Defences up mateys!

PraWN

Wanderer
Re: Current Roleplaying Situation.

Very well said... I'm a bit of a wannabe roleplayer myself, I was apart of the Undead guild on In Por Ylem a few months back and absolutely loved it! I'm hoping to get back into the swing of roleplaying very soon

Thalon

Wanderer

awsome post some most of the roleplaying on uogamers don't here much so u should post that on rpring.com that where everyone talks in the community....

and yes our community isn't so good but i think we would be a lot better if it wasn't for us have to deal with Fel (reds) and suchs but you statement was very good

selo

Wanderer

My friend I know exactly what you mean. When RcB was up we roleplayed very strictly, as soon as someone complained about a player we kicked them from the guild no matter how good at pvp they were or how rich etc.

Roleplaying guild masters need to take the initiative and be very very firm with who they do an don't let into their guild. Mass recruiting may seem like a good idea, but more likely than not you will end up with a low quality of roleplaying skills.

We need to remember that when we roleplay we are playing UO in a totally different way. You step out of your normal role and put on the role of a Savage or an Orc or a pirate. This is the fundamental factor on which roleplaying is built on, and at the moment alot of guilds have built their roleplaying experience on greed and 'something to do on the side'.

Once all guildmasters are on the same level and all agree with what is and isn't roleplaying then, our roleplaying scenario will just blosom. The easiest way to prevent problems is screen who you recruit. Have a 5 minute interview with them. Talk about them why they want to roleplay. Step up guys, alot of you are great roleplayers but you're letting us down right now.

Peace,
ABM

Question. How necessasary is a suitable roleplaying name? Cause I'm interested in ropeplaying, but the character I want to get into it on, doesn't really have a name fit for roleplaying.

XIQJX

Wanderer

A black man (fast & big) said:
My friend I know exactly what you mean. When RcB was up we roleplayed very strictly, as soon as someone complained about a player we kicked them from the guild no matter how good at pvp they were or how rich etc.

Roleplaying guild masters need to take the initiative and be very very firm with who they do an don't let into their guild. Mass recruiting may seem like a good idea, but more likely than not you will end up with a low quality of roleplaying skills.

We need to remember that when we roleplay we are playing UO in a totally different way. You step out of your normal role and put on the role of a Savage or an Orc or a pirate. This is the fundamental factor on which roleplaying is built on, and at the moment alot of guilds have built their roleplaying experience on greed and 'something to do on the side'.

Once all guildmasters are on the same level and all agree with what is and isn't roleplaying then, our roleplaying scenario will just blosom. The easiest way to prevent problems is screen who you recruit. Have a 5 minute interview with them. Talk about them why they want to roleplay. Step up guys, alot of you are great roleplayers but you're letting us down right now.

Peace,
ABM

Listen to this guy. RcB are/were damn good roleplayers.

erek

Wanderer

Aveit said:
I’ve seen many riding Ethereal horses (Which should be in no way used in roleplaying, perhaps a wizzard, but even then) Platemail armored guards chugging and throwing potions, magic usage by ever member.
This is not mainly directed at ToF, I’ve seen the Orcs, Savages be no better then that. (Thumbs up for my Pirates!)

The Cove Savages and the Yew Orcs have no hybrids in their guilds. Neither do either allow ethereals to be ridden.

What are you talking about? Because it's not the truth.

Such a shame you had to lie, because I didn't bother reading anything else.

Thumbs up for your pirates? I was attacked by two casting blade spirits on me when I already admitted defeat and wanted to discuss the terms of my surrender.

XIQJX

Wanderer

erek said:
The Cove Savages and the Yew Orcs have no hybrids in their guilds. Neither do either allow ethereals to be ridden.

Thumbs up for your pirates? I was attacked by two casting blade spirits on me when I already admitted defeat and wanted to discuss the terms of my surrender.

Are you a savage? The AAR pirates and Atar failed to agree on battle/looting/roleplaying terms so its pretty much anything goes between them and savages. (Yes that includes boat looting) You can't expect pirates to just use archery/swords when the savages now chug and are mostly mages (you can cast 2 gheals between every arrow shot, and the arrows miss constantly).

selo

Wanderer

G Unmentionable said:
Question. How necessasary is a suitable roleplaying name? Cause I'm interested in ropeplaying, but the character I want to get into it on, doesn't really have a name fit for roleplaying.

Your name is the first thing another roleplayer learns about you. You are judged subconsciously by your name. 'Iownu1v1' or 'Rebekah Hallet'. I wonder which would be more suitable. Good name = good beginning :)

Aveit

Wanderer

erek said:

First off, I posted as I have seen it from my own experience. I doubt that can called flawed.
You should bother reading more, it might help.

As for the Pirates attacked you. There are 2 diffrent Pirates guild out there.
My Pirates being the Buccaneers of Dreadskull Bay (BoD) focused on Roleplay and roleplay only.
And there is the Pirates of Britany Bay or something like that (AAR) who focus on pvp over rp.
The huge diffrence is we dont use magic, they do.
So when getting attacked by bladespirits, is to be an attack from AAR. Get your facts right please.

Aveit

Wanderer

Just to clarify my posts.
I did not came here to start an roleplay guilds war. This should never happen only agreed on in character, we should stick together :).
I've been noticing more and more of what I posted as of late and so did many others. I'm glad ABM backed me up on my statesments, seeing as he's one highly respected roleplayers.
If you believe I'm wrong, you can asume my tread as not posted. But seeing as your guild contains about 150 members, I'd scratch myself behind the head and actually look at whats going on.
My two cents.

TcD vampire we allow most templates but every member must have magery, which is used later on in rituals and represent our vampiric powers. We also ride ethereals but consider them undead steeds that we have summoned from hell, wish didnt need taming for mares could all ride mares lol. We have hybrids in the guild and we kill innocents...but for that just think...we are evil based out of evil tenebrae we are vampires feed off the blood of the innocent..it is just part of our rp and ifyou cant figure that out about us and accept it then oh well feel how you will. :)

Aveit

Wanderer

Heracles said:
TcD vampire we allow most templates but every member must have magery, which is used later on in rituals and represent our vampiric powers. We also ride ethereals but consider them undead steeds that we have summoned from hell, wish didnt need taming for mares could all ride mares lol. We have hybrids in the guild and we kill innocents...but for that just think...we are evil based out of evil tenebrae we are vampires feed off the blood of the innocent..it is just part of our rp and ifyou cant figure that out about us and accept it then oh well feel how you will. :)

If you can underbuild your acts with a valid and true roleplaying story, sure!
But theres a diffrence between simple pk/pvp bash and roleplaying. We all know that. Players should stop hiding under the RP label if they dont want to act as such.
House bannings, way to go! If some burgerler would run trough my house I'll try the I ban thee irl!

erek

Wanderer

Aveit said:
First off, I posted as I have seen it from my own experience. I doubt that can called flawed.

Well it is Aveit.

And I can just as easily say that I've seen your pirates call me a "fag" and use terms like "lol" - from my experiences which I doubt are flawed. Heh, you think I care about 'your experiences' that provide no proof?

Like I've said before, The Yew Orcs and The Cove Savages do not ride ethereals and do not have hybrids - this wouldn't be good roleplay.

Anyone caught doing either in those guilds have that character deleted on the spot, as these guild are RP guilds and not faction gatherings.

I've been playing as a Cove Savage and a Yew Orc for the past two months and have never seen a ethereal or a hybrid.

Maybe I missed something?

Maybe a screenshot to prove your experiences are not flawed?

I know, I know. "What do I do when a screenshot like that doesn't exist?"

Call me a teacher, but that brings me to my next question : why would you lie about something like that?

PraWN

Wanderer

Well last night when I went to log off at the Sweet Dreams Inn, which is where I always log off... Three Orcs appeared out of nowhere, blocked me and then I think one of them tried to steal something from me... Whenever I said anything one of them would *cough*, another would *cries* and the other would *clears throat*

I assume they were thieving because after I got past them to log out, I saw the grey corpse of Ru'irg... It just seemed more like grieving than roleplaying to me :(

Aveit

Wanderer

erek said:
Well it is Aveit.

And I can just as easily say that I've seen your pirates call me a "fag" and use terms like "lol" - from my experiences which I doubt are flawed. Heh, you think I care about 'your experiences' that provide no proof?

Like I've said before, The Yew Orcs and The Cove Savages do not ride ethereals and do not have hybrids - this wouldn't be good roleplay.

Anyone caught doing either in those guilds have that character deleted on the spot, as these guild are RP guilds and not faction gatherings.

I've been playing as a Cove Savage and a Yew Orc for the past two months and have never seen a ethereal or a hybrid.

Maybe I missed something?

Maybe a screenshot to prove your experiences are not flawed?

I know, I know. "What do I do when a screenshot like that doesn't exist?"

Call me a teacher, but that brings me to my next question : why would you lie about something like that?

I've seen it happen, I did not however, pointed fingers at your guild.
The point was directly made against ToF and a few savages/orcs I've seen pking around.
You've got quitte a temper, I believe I stated I did not meant to do neither harm or acuse players. Drop the offensive act and stop feeling attacked.