UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current Roleplaying Situation.

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer
Re: Current Roleplaying Situation.

Aveit said:
Well, well, intrested in roleplaying? :)
Hit me a pm mate!
I used to sail the sees with Ace and Woodeye, if I were to come back it would be to them. :>

i fought the cove savages 1 vs 4 and they house hid, and banned, i was very dissapointed.

i know its hard to tell but trust me it was me vs 4 of them, this is me and a summon getting banned after i attempted to loot a fallen savage, guess where, in the house

Thalon

Wanderer

darthjesus said:
i fought the cove savages 1 vs 4 and they house hid, and banned, i was very dissapointed.

i know its hard to tell but trust me it was me vs 4 of them, this is me and a summon getting banned after i attempted to loot a fallen savage, guess where, in the house

Are You For Real???!!!!!!!! If You Arn't A Roleplaying and you run up to a rp guild then you can treated just like anyother grifer out there.... they are savage do you see how much armor they are wearing.... just me a break thinking they are just going to let you kill them.... there are to many morons like you destoring our RP

PraWN

Wanderer

Mur'gugl said:
Are You For Real???!!!!!!!! If You Arn't A Roleplaying and you run up to a rp guild then you can treated just like anyother grifer out there.... they are savage do you see how much armor they are wearing.... just me a break thinking they are just going to let you kill them.... there are to many morons like you destoring our RP
Doesn't that just destroy the whole concept of roleplaying though? As ABM said, roleplaying is about playing a role at all times! Not just when you feel like it or when your only around certain players... In my opinion roleplaying is about having fun and playing your role as best you can, it's not about owning grieving noobs... Yes they can be very annoying, but just learn to live with it!

Redfoot

Wanderer

Let me start by saying I agree with most of your post; however, I don't agree with the part about hybrid's. May I ask why hybrid's can not be role players? Is there a RP unwritten rule about hybrids? I think as long as you RP there shouldn't be any restrictions. Why does someone have to be a pure mage or pure warrior to be able to RP?

erek

Wanderer

Aveit said:
I've seen it happen, I did not however, pointed fingers at your guild.
The point was directly made against ToF and a few savages/orcs I've seen pking around.
You've got quitte a temper, I believe I stated I did not meant to do neither harm or acuse players. Drop the offensive act and stop feeling attacked.

I've got quite a temper? If I want to be psychoanalyzed I'll lay horizontal and talk to a hair spray queen about my mom.

If you say your pirates do not use magic I'll take your word for it that it was AAR and not BoD. Fair enough.

Back to the main issue, for you to claim that the Yew Orcs and the Cove Savages ride ethereals and use hybrids templates is erroneous.

I don't care what your main point was in your initial post. Sure, 5 bullets were aimed at ToF, but you saved the last one for CSC & The Yew Orcs, and they aren't Keanu Reeves in The Matrix either.

Your dicton claims that the CSC & The Yew Orcs welcome hybrid templates and ethereals - hardly the case.

Here's an exerpt from the Cove Savage webpage :

Templates

Warrior--You are required to have Hiding and Healing. You can have any weapon skill. You can have every other skill except for Magery. Warriors can't have any Magery at all. It is suggested you start with 50 Healing and Hiding, then buy Fencing, Anatomy, and Tactics before you start training.

Mage--You are required to have Magery and Evaluating Intelligence. You can't have any weapon skill except for Wrestling. It is suggested but not required that all Mage get Wrestling. You can have any other skills. It is suggested you start with 50 Resisting Spells and Magery, then buy Wrestling, Anatomy, Healing, and Evaluating Intelligence.

All I want is for you to change your diction to something more correct.

I'm not making false stabs at BoD, CSC and The Yew Orcs would appreciate the same treatment.

George said:
I used to sail the sees with Ace and Woodeye, if I were to come back it would be to them. :>

We go by Niles and Hecmar now ^^

On a side note, after plundering some tamer/fishermen today, we racked up 32 Mibs (Woulda been more but we couldn't loot the corpse with about 20 nets).

HAR HAR HAR!

chance420

Wanderer

Mur'gugl said:

Pathetic.

PraWN said:
Doesn't that just destroy the whole concept of roleplaying though? As ABM said, roleplaying is about playing a role at all times! Not just when you feel like it or when your only around certain players... In my opinion roleplaying is about having fun and playing your role as best you can, it's not about owning grieving noobs... Yes they can be very annoying, but just learn to live with it!

I agree 100%.

It's always struck me as a bit odd that when faced with adversity some Roleplayers will throw everything out the window.

Bacon

Wanderer

What your trying to say is that we should allow ourselfes to be killed again and again by griefers each time being looted untill we actually run out of resources to fight each other? Well that would make roleplay interesting wouldn't it, especially after the majority of members left for allowing ourselfes to be killed again and again due to playing our character (with there skill set and possibly mount restriction *orcs and savages*) is actually not fun at all.

I agree on some aspects and on other aspects i don't (to do with the rp's post) but we will be able to discuss it in our up coming meeting.

Thalon

Wanderer

no yall don't understand i come from great lakes role playin community i didn't have to rp in fel.....there are sooooo many event i can think of that we can't do because reds, they would just blow them away....and why shold i sit in my house wearing maybe a total of 15 armor with a mage runing around killing us and looting our stuff....i don't see you suppying me Prawn... who are you chars? i lost enough armor and weapons from grifers just like that guy that posted...if i was there i would of banned him because i don't want to fight him i would either go roleplay or go hunting not gonna waste my time on some red...sorry

but yes i understand where you are coming from but it fel

selo

Wanderer

We choose to roleplay, which means that we are taking a game pretty seriously already. If when we roleplay we roleplay half heartedly then there is no point in doing it. I'm really looking forward to this meeting so that we can all reach a common ground on some issues. Right now we have so much potential but until GM's (guildmasters) can all work together, we will waste what we have achieved up to now. Stop bickering with each other and try and work together. Thats my two cents.

PraWN

Wanderer

Mur'gugl said:
no yall don't understand i come from great lakes role playin community i didn't have to rp in fel.....there are sooooo many event i can think of that we can't do because reds, they would just blow them away....and why shold i sit in my house wearing maybe a total of 15 armor with a mage runing around killing us and looting our stuff....i don't see you suppying me Prawn... who are you chars? i lost enough armor and weapons from grifers just like that guy that posted...if i was there i would of banned him because i don't want to fight him i would either go roleplay or go hunting not gonna waste my time on some red...sorry

but yes i understand where you are coming from but it fel
Roleplaying sometimes requires sacrifices... Being like "Hail! How art thou on this fine morning?" one minute and then being like "im gonna own that grieving noob!" the next minute just isn't right... Ok, so I over exagerated there a bit :p

On the other hand... I can see where your coming from, but I just disagree with it

Watabou

Knight

I think it's fucking retarded that /some/ people in the roleplaying community think that anybody that isn't playing an in-character role is a griefer.

Griefer: Repeatadly goes out of their way to detract from your gaming experience. ex: Rez-killing you at an ankh for an hour.

I've seen quite a few people get killed once or twice by a non-roleplayer and call them a griefer. Unless they were swearing at you, killing you as soon as you resurrect or are running back to your corpse (after they've taken their prize or more), etc. it shouldn't be considered griefing.

Not everyone on Hybrid roleplays. Deal with it. Some people will kill you once or twice, it's not griefing unless they're purposely trying to annoy you repeatadly.

ps: this is coming from someone who roleplays, if you're going to try and play that card.

MoxMcPox

Wanderer

Personally, I find that roleplaying should be about having fun. In a roleplaying community, there will be hatreds between certain people. People don't treat other roleplayers with the respect they have for their friends.

And btw, AAR are PIRATES first rp second, not pvp first rp second.
Just thought I'd clear that up.

Ace the Rper said:
Personally, I find that roleplaying should be about having fun. In a roleplaying community, there will be hatreds between certain people. People don't treat other roleplayers with the respect they have for their friends.

And btw, AAR are PIRATES first rp second, not pvp first rp second.
Just thought I'd clear that up.

And how.

Honestly, we're pirates.

We pirate first. We loot, kill, ravage, pillage, plunder, and have an all around good time.

But by the roleplaying community's rules: we don't roleplay because we dont' follow "the rules". I have magery? Big woop. I loot? Guess what? Pirates loot.

If you want to pretend you're a savage, fine. But honestly: You think a savage wouldn't loot a person they killed? Atar refuses to fight us because we loot. That's not roleplaying, that's just playing dress up.

Roleplaying is defined as playing a role. The Galads roleplayed (loosely) and they looted. But wait: Since it goes against the "rules" they CAN'T be roleplayers!

Armelo

Wanderer

PraWN said:
Well last night when I went to log off at the Sweet Dreams Inn, which is where I always log off... Three Orcs appeared out of nowhere, blocked me and then I think one of them tried to steal something from me... Whenever I said anything one of them would *cough*, another would *cries* and the other would *clears throat*

I assume they were thieving because after I got past them to log out, I saw the grey corpse of Ru'irg... It just seemed more like grieving than roleplaying to me :(

Please share names with us? And which town is this inn located at?

Also, all I have found recently is the RP Community bitching at each other, and the world. EVERYONE needs to chill out. Relax a bit. In my book Griefers are defined as ANYONE who comes to the fort with intention to kill and get "Phat Loots" from the roleplayers. It doesn't matter how many times they come, or what happens, if they come with intent to kill, they are a griefer.

PraWN

Wanderer

The Sweet Dreams Inn is the one in Britain next to the healers... It's hard to remember names of Orcs because they are all the same! :p

I remember the name of the grey corpse though: Ru'irg

And by the way, I agree with your post about how we should all chill out :D

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

Redfoot said:
Let me start by saying I agree with most of your post; however, I don't agree with the part about hybrid's. May I ask why hybrid's can not be role players? Is there a RP unwritten rule about hybrids? I think as long as you RP there shouldn't be any restrictions. Why does someone have to be a pure mage or pure warrior to be able to RP?

The thing about RP is you're in a character, you -should- have some weakness or your character is sort of a wargod. Having some sort of flaw is also good for your characters development, like "fred can use healing magics, but runs the other way from offensive magics. Because when he was young an orc shaman murdered his village with a meteor swarm from the heavens"
know what i'm sayin?

RP isn't about being better than anyone, it's about enjoying the battles and the people you're doing it with! l3wt is just a bonus.

of course i don't RP here, but i have on another shard and this is from my experience.
++ if you want a good definition of roleplaying, dont go to the dictionary, go to a popular RP shard that has an APPLICATION form on their website. Then come back here and go holy shit compared to them we don't rp for shit!

Redfoot

Wanderer

Voodoo Child I can see what you mean about being a war god, but , I'm going to have to disagree with a hybrid being classified as a war god. I've seen plenty of hybrids getting killed by pure warriors or pure mages. The way I see it, it's just another type of RP character. The majority of the time RPer's are role playing instead of fighting other RPer's. I see hybrids like a Gandolf type character that can wield weapons and use magic.