UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Defensive Wrestling

Should we remove the +20

• Yes, we should remove the +20.

Votes: 209 45.7%
  • No, the +20 is fine.

Votes: 248 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensive Wrestling

Should the additional twenty defensive wrestling be removed from the anatomy plus evaluation intelligence combo?

What this means, if you have 100 anatomy and 100 evaluating intelligence you will have a defensive wrestling value of 120 wrestling.

The formula currently in use is [(anatomy + evaluating intelligence + 20) / 2], this would change to [(anatomy + evaluating intelligence) / 2].

This means that people will hit people with anatomy and evaluating intelligence the same as they will hit someone with just wrestling.

I would like to point out this was an addition to the OSI code to balance out powerscrolls which we do not use on this server.

Chocakaka

Wanderer
A character's Hit Chance should not be affected by anothers Eval Int or Anatomy as any character whose uses Magery offensively is not affected by any skill except that character's Magery, furthermore anyone whose played on any other shard should know that any GM Combat Skill should yield a 90% Hit Chance. This would only seem fair to me as Mages are Ranged.

Chocakaka said:
A character's Hit Chance should not be affected by anothers Eval Int or Anatomy as any character whose uses Magery offensively is not affected by any skill except that character's Magery, furthermore anyone whose played on any other shard should know that any GM Combat Skill should yield a 90% Hit Chance. This would only seem fair to me as Mages are Ranged.

How wrong can you be, I have the UO Guide book from when UO first came out, even then the chance to hit someone was based on attackers weapon skill vs defenders weapon skill. I don't know where you got your WRONG infomation but it is just that, WRONG.

Chocakaka

Wanderer
I would like to know which guide book you speak of as there are many "guide" books, after checking stratics (which has been up since the game started) i dont see a reference to a time when that was true. Furthermore if you asks many dexxers they may think they are at a clear disadvantage. You cannot forget being a dexxer makes up a big part of the UO experience.
PS: I KEEPS IT REAL!!!!

Chocakaka

Wanderer
here are some facts: with a mage u can kill an armored man at range in 4-5 explosions or ebolts not to mention easy casting of poison and para, with an axer u can kill an unarmored mage with 2-3 very good hits and is closed ranged. sounds reasonable except those hits come in 4-6 swings Without defensive wrestling. resistance doesnt make a cast completely ineffective as a swing does but in all fairness the hit chance should be 90%, as for the book u have i havent seen it on stratics and is probrably outdated.

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
Chocakaka said:

I think a character's hit chance should be affected by Eval and Anatomy. As long as the defensive wrestling cap is 100 skill, it allows for more diverse templates while maintaining balance. A GM combat skill should not yield a 90% hit chance. 50% is stable.

Chocakaka said:
here are some facts: with a mage u can kill an armored man at range in 4-5 explosions or ebolts not to mention easy casting of poison and para, with an axer u can kill an unarmored mage with 2-3 very good hits and is closed ranged. sounds reasonable except those hits come in 4-6 swings Without defensive wrestling. resistance doesnt make a cast completely ineffective as a swing does but in all fairness the hit chance should be 90%, as for the book u have i havent seen it on stratics and is probrably outdated.

With a pure vanq axe, you are lucky to kill an unarmored player w/ 100 defensive wrestling in 3 hits. It usually takes 4 to 5 hits with the damage variance. You will never do 2 consistent hits back to back of over 50 damage each. If you do (most likely with a pure vanq hally or war hammer crushing blow) and they can't heal through it, they deserve to die.

Chocakaka

Wanderer
also according to the scripts the katana is the fastest wep and i have 134 stam, i hit 2-3 timesa sec second and no cast should be shorter than a second and yet they still manage to cast while im swinging.

strtrk

Wanderer
tho i feel that uogamers is missing some checks and balances to counter this, such as mind blast damage and 2-handed weapon pot throwing. It shouldn't be like this. 100 cap should be fine so people can fool around with different templates tho.

ouiji

Wanderer
Weaponskill vs. Weaponskill

to be exact...

Hit Chance = (Attacker's Weapon Ability + 50) / {(Defender's Weapon Ability + 50) x 2}

Proof!

Note the formula works out to 50 - 50 odds of hitting GM vs. GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.