UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

demise scamming at its best

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_monroy

Squire
How about forced to start over fresh with all items deleted? I would definitely snap and I've barely even been here. I might literally snap in real life if forced to restart, just thinking about it scares me.

(Please don't take my stuff)...

mytilus

Sorceror
Could say same about you, crocodile archer weaklings. Have best items in game, and sit In trees waiting for dismount making assist with 10 other player. Weakling crocodiles for ban IMO

HA! even with only blessed robe and dryad bow kapero would be best archer in game.
Also its been a long time since we have fielded 10 people and plan to keep it that way, better for server and competition.

or maybe you were confusing him/us with the 10 or more random blues that are always working together with bestest pvp'er in all of UO... Cassandra the Guard

Uomvp

Knight
i hope all GOLD guild will be perma banned for wasting pixxels at luna bank

Royal that is a very ignorant statement. I'm in gold and most people here can validate that I treat people with respect and I'm overall just nice. So that means I should be banned when I wasn't even in town?

Rob Brown

Wanderer
I think staff can handle this accordingly. What he did was messed up but, what is done is done and i'm sure the staff will make the right approach on how to take care of him for his crimes against the community. I'm sure a lot of you are upset on his irrational decisions in game. But remember life is messed up in game as much as it is messed up in the real world, just be happy that theres these "Gods" that can discipline the wikied. ;)

bilabong

Account Terminated
Gods that can disepline the wicked??? Do you know the amount of hours i have put in to this game doing events giving up my own free time and my own items so people can have fun i have always played this game by the book and because one night i decide too prove a point ok prove it badly but still that makes me wicked?? the shit i took aint nothing compaired too the amount of time and items i have given away so before you start calling me fit too burn take a look at my past record. Ass!

hickman48

Knight
Gods that can disepline the wicked??? Do you know the amount of hours i have put in to this game doing events giving up my own free time and my own items so people can have fun i have always played this game by the book and because one night i decide too prove a point ok prove it badly but still that makes me wicked?? the shit i took aint nothing compaired too the amount of time and items i have given away so before you start calling me fit too burn take a look at my past record. Ass!

I donate to charity for the next 5 years make sure everyone i know is happy, then i go rob some people blind, and everyone should think of nothing but the good things. I love your logic.

j_monroy

Squire

I'm not here to judge you but to let you know that this mindset is what leads to corruption, and has probably plagued other servers. Luckily for us, you're not staff (as far as I know), but with the amount of time you've soent and the reputation you created, you might as well have been. Granted the items I put into the auction would not have drastically chamged the amount of gold in my bank or locked down to my house, but I participated because I thought it would garner more participation. If the gms you sooke to did nothing about the problem you had, you should've asked to speak to higher authority. Once the owner decides to do nothing, then you post on the forums what your problem was, why actions couldn't be taken, and how people should avoid the same issue in the future.

The fact that you attempt to justify your actions by the amount of time you've spent leads me to believe you are bitter and regret doing this. The truth is that your last action on this server was to use your reputation and name to steal from other players. Whether you deserve to be banned or not does not matter to me, I wouldn't be upset at all, it's just a game. But does your endless hours of dedication excuse your recent actions? They don't.

Either way, it doesn't matter what I or anybody else say. However, please think next time before acting so rash. I assure you it'll help you avoid any unwanted stress or headaches.

j_monroy

Squire
People are going to hate me for saying this but monk did not break any rules so i see no reason why he should be perma-banned.

Maybe, except a temporary banker was placed. Did he ask for one?

If yes, then he pretty much asked for a scam to be backed by the gms, by virtue of the temporary bankers.

If no, then he was dumb for allowing one, if his intention was to scam the entire time.
I'm not entirely sure how this happened, so who knows if any rules were broken.

mytilus

Sorceror
Staff gave back the items because they didn't want to have any part of any scam, i don't blame them. The very first thing everybody would assume is that monk was staff himself and the entire shard would cry corruption. Also a sense to do the right thing was involved and I am happy the staff took the time to resolve this, it shows that they care about the playerbase. But.... the fact remains. Banker or no Banker doesn't matter he didn't break any rules. If I want to role play a shyster and sell half aprons and alchy baubles at luna bank for dicounted price of 15kk that is part of what makes the sandbox of uo so amazing.

j_monroy

Squire
Possibly, however:

1. Any and all staff instructions are to be treated as rule of law. Do not attempt to argue away or ignore instructions from staff on the grounds that you feel that the rule is not being properly enforced / interpreted by the staff member. The only correct response for you to take in this case, if you have respectfully stated your side of the matter to the involved staff member one time and still the staff member disagrees, is to take it up with higher staff. In the case of a Demise admin, take it to other admins or a developer first.
The whole point of this scam was to argue how the rules are not being enforced or that he wasn't helped when he was scammed. He decided to keep arguing by proving a point and affecting other players. Instead of taking it to higher staff, he argued back by holding a scamming auction.

I know this is a stretch, but if this does not qualify as his offense, then maybe you are right and he doesn't deserve to be banned by the current rules. However, they were stated to be changed soon, if I'm not mistaken. Either way, this was the only rule I can think of. If the gm's had other reasons or justifications, I'm sure they know it and probably do not have to justify to us. Maybe he can tell us.

mytilus

Sorceror

Status
Not open for further replies.