UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

demise scamming at its best

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_monroy

Squire

Lol. Is it convincing in any way?

j_monroy

Squire
And how do many people on this forum find awesome videos to comment with? Is there a repertoire I should be aware of, other than Google itself?

I need to find said website. If I can be redirected to it, I will do my best to reply to all posts in videos, and will pay 1kk to the first person I cannot reply to.

hickman48

Knight
Possibly, however:

1. Any and all staff instructions are to be treated as rule of law. Do not attempt to argue away or ignore instructions from staff on the grounds that you feel that the rule is not being properly enforced / interpreted by the staff member. The only correct response for you to take in this case, if you have respectfully stated your side of the matter to the involved staff member one time and still the staff member disagrees, is to take it up with higher staff. In the case of a Demise admin, take it to other admins or a developer first.
The whole point of this scam was to argue how the rules are not being enforced or that he wasn't helped when he was scammed. He decided to keep arguing by proving a point and affecting other players. Instead of taking it to higher staff, he argued back by holding a scamming auction.

I know this is a stretch, but if this does not qualify as his offense, then maybe you are right and he doesn't deserve to be banned by the current rules. However, they were stated to be changed soon, if I'm not mistaken. Either way, this was the only rule I can think of. If the gm's had other reasons or justifications, I'm sure they know it and probably do not have to justify to us. Maybe he can tell us.

There is no rule for scamming i can take you for 50kk worth of items and staff will say well you should not have done x or you should have done this instead. So it was the latter.

The only reason staff intervened this time around is they had set up a banker since monk had hosted some pre auctions in the past i would actually doubt it was even set up for this auction but just left there since the last one.

j_monroy

Squire
There is no rule for scamming i can take you for 50kk worth of items and staff will say well you should not have done x or you should have done this instead. So it was the latter.

The only reason staff intervened this time around is they had set up a banker since monk had hosted some pre auctions in the past i would actually doubt it was even set up for this auction but just left there since the last one.

I agree. However, on what grounds is he being banned? This isn't a critique on any decisions made by people with banning powers, I assure you :). However, I doubt they decided to take the easy road and just ban him.

Based on the rules written on the forums, why was he banned? What rules did he break? That was my attempt at answering Mytilus' question.

Edit: I don't want to lose 1kk

das3

Sorceror
Unban Monk! Give back his items!

Banker-*anker... that one was just there for convenience and was in no part integral to the scam.
Why staff is treating this auction scam differently compared to the one before... I don't know.

IMO Neither then nor now have any rules been broken or bugs exploited that warrant a ban or staff breaking their own rules (Staff will never return items?). But it's the staffs call at the end.
Maybe the timing of the scam was too good: this time around the year some people get hearty-feely-touchy.

dull

Sorceror
he betrayed staff who did trust him.by this event he gonna hurt reputation of the staff.
so he deserve to banned imo.
if he wanna do scam someone,he should have done in another char that no one know him,not in the auction house.

Mister Pink

Squire
if he wanna do scam someone,he should have done in another char that no one know him,not in the auction house.

No one would have given some random nobody that many items. The only reason why Monk got so much stuff is he is an established player and up until that point had a good reputation. He shouldn't be banned permanently. Staff probably just banned him temporarily until they sorted out the mess he created.

bilabong

Account Terminated
Good try monk? dude cant you read i said all the long its not about the items i didnt want the items and if i had of been unbanned all items would have been returned and dude anything being said about scamming your the biggest scamming ass in the whole game

Blesh Terra

Sorceror
Good try monk? dude cant you read i said all the long its not about the items i didnt want the items and if i had of been unbanned all items would have been returned and dude anything being said about scamming your the biggest scamming ass in the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.