UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[DONE]Planned Downtime, Server Upgrade and Server Update (March 6th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

[DONE]Planned Downtime, Server Upgrade and Server Update (March 6th)

We're upgrading the Demise server hardware, as well as a update to Demise itself. While the servers are busy chugging away, I'll be updating this post with more information on both of the things being updated.

Update Information ->
Numerous bug fixes
Numerous optimizations and internal, transparent improvements in code, Oh, and moving the demise stuff to x64
A number of tweaks to formulas, one that stands out in my mind that I can remember is the one for Provocation.
A few tweaks to make things more OSI-like. Most notably, a single person can no longer have multiple/overlapping spell Timers for Delayed-Damage spells. The only 2 spells this applies to though is Explosion and Magic Arrow. Ie, if you target a 2nd Magic Arrow before the first one does damage, only the 2nd MA will do anything. Also, DS now has a chance to miss while still consuming your mana.

SOME of the racial abilities

Humans:
  • +60 stones carrying weight
  • +2 health regeneration
  • 20 base skill points in all skills that are below 20 points. NOTE: I KNOW someone will say its' a bug even though it isn't, you don't SEE the 20 skill points in the skill list, and you still have to gain those skill points. It's just the checks for the skill count as a minimum of 20.
Elves:
  • +5% increased energy resist cap (up to 75)
  • Ability to use "elf only" equipment
  • +20 mana
More behind the scenes stuff and additionns and tweaks to the crafting system for future updates
Oh. And minor ToTs can no longer be acquired.
There's prolly some other stuff too that I forgot, as always.

Server Information ->

We're going from Dual HT 32 bit Xeon processors at 2.4 with 4 gigs of RAM to

Demise's new machine of...
Dual Hyper-Threaded 64 bit Xeon's at 3.2 Ghz
A whopping 8 gigs of ram
Raid 5 Hard DRive setup, with each HD at 15k RPM.
Gigabit connection to the internet.

If those stats look familiar, It's hybrid's old server, which has proven itself to hold 8,000 concurrently connected clients without breaking a sweat. This is room to grow! This server upgrade makes it the most powerful Post-AoS/OSI-Clone Free shard server out there currently running, And 2nd overall for free servers. 2nd only to Hybrid. Now, this stuffs isn't exactly cheap, so... shameless plug to go donate!

Stay tuned!
Thanks for your patience,
The Demise Staff

Re: Planned Downtime, Server Upgrade and Server Update (March 6th)

i'm curious as to what hardware is being updated?

btw, i must say this is the by far the fastest and smoothest free shard i've seen. most have to rape the spawn so bad it's unreal. this server must already have a fantastic setup.

HappyChappy

Wanderer

woohoo :D i would just like to say Hi to staff and everyone in fourms...and let the staff here know man yall ROX.....:) thnx for the good times

Are there going to be any new items or mounts included in this update? Maybe player rewards such as ethereal mounts?

Ixion

Wanderer

FifthGhostbuster said:
Are there going to be any new items or mounts included in this update? Maybe player rewards such as ethereal mounts?

Ehteral mounts are already a Vet Reward or a donation item.

AND I LOVE THE GHOSTBUSTERS!!! ITS MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!

A

ASayre

updated with the server hardware stats

Plethora

Wanderer

ASayre8 said:
Raid 5 Hard DRive setup, with each HD at 15k RPM.

^^ Bragging rights

Now who wants to play GUESS WHAT RAID ARRAY!!!! (not a fun game) :eek: .

ASayre8 said:
updated with the server hardware stats

thanks for the update...
i'm drooling over that hardware... :)
now i can't wait to test it. ;p

Re: (done)Planned Downtime, Server Upgrade and Server Update (March 6th)

Will we have race change deeds or something as donation items until the race change quests are implemented? :p

Avenger.

Sorceror
Re: (done)Planned Downtime, Server Upgrade and Server Update (March 6th)

Heh that sucks no more minor tots... I just joined server and only have one major :(, heh... all the new players gonna get pwned now.

StrayMissile

Wanderer

Very Unfair for New players not being able to get tots. i luckily have all the Gtots i need, but all the new players that are joining lately.... not fair

madcat22

Wanderer

What are you talkng about no more Tots? Did i miss something?:p

Avenger.

Sorceror

Yeh tell me about it... I'm really disappointed lol...

Plus provo no longer works, I fail 4/5 times on skel knights and kappas at gm lol.

Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.