UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Double Axe Sampire/spawner advice

logtruck

Sorceror
Re: Double Axe Sampire/spawner advice

This is prolly a dumb question,but Ive got to ask. Why is 150 stam an absolute?

Jacek.Kosiarz;721310 said:
1) coon is the easiest champ.
Indeed. A naked person could solo coon. Or a relatively noobish necromage with a cheap LRC suit.

Jacek.Kosiarz;721310 said:
4)you dont have to cure from poison form serpents, just walk around and life leech, it doesnt disturb you.
Yep, that's it. Sampires don't have the time to stop and deal with lethal poison; as most as it freaks people out to see "You are in extreme pain, and require immediate aid!" You just have to ignore it. Same applies to rottings at Nierra and Ophiodian Knights at Rikktor.

AceHardware;731690 said:
You CANNOT afford to stop swinging, even for a moment. Should your swing speed ever go too high, (slow) you're as good as dead. You want 150 stamina AND an axe with SSI.

Hitting as much as often as you can is the lifeline of a sampire. If your hits-per-second rate falls, you fail to keep recovering health, and you fail making headway against the candles. Hence, absolute maximum swing rates, along with hit and dodge/parry rates, are critical above ALL else.

Crynth

Sorceror

it doesnt hurt to carry a few G Heal and total refresh pots either for pinches

This might be yet another noobish query in this thread, but I'm eager to know the answer :) Basically, I've never been in doom with anyone but tamer, and am willing to go there as a sampire. What do a I currently have is:
115 mace
110 anatomy
110 tactics
100 necro
100 bushido
85 parrying (just to have 300 skill pts to reduce special moves' cost)
all else in Chivalry and med/focus
The question is - why would I want bushido after all? It's pretty much clear what will i need necro for, you go to vampire form for life leach, amirite? But what good is bushido for in doom? Are my presumptions correct?

AceHardware;731690 said:

USUALLY ON ANY OTHER CHAMP THAN COON, 1 HIT LESS MIGHT BE YOUR DEATH! So yes, you need 45hci 120 swords and 150/160 stam to hit as often as its possible.
Crynth;731765 said:
it doesnt hurt to carry a few G Heal and total refresh pots either for pinches
Yeah, but I dont feel like taking my body all the time I die. When someone raids you or you cant hold 4lvl spawn in one place you might die a lot of times before you succes. Pots are always help.
Kargoth-demise;732224 said:
This might be yet another noobish query in this thread, but I'm eager to know the answer :) Basically, I've never been in doom with anyone but tamer, and am willing to go there as a sampire. What do a I currently have is:
115 mace
110 anatomy
110 tactics
100 necro
100 bushido
The question is - why would I want bushido after all? It's pretty much clear what will i need necro for, you go to vampire form for life leach, amirite? But what good is bushido for in doom? Are my presumptions correct?
Yes, you go vampire form for life leech and poison immue. Sometimes for mr/stam reg (for pvp like me :))
I suggest to drop medit/focus on resisting, and putting more parry. 120 parry is a must. Also anatomy is quite useless unless you use healing as well. Well, in fact its your choice what you will go in. Try all combinations unless you find something that suits you :)
I was trying almost all templades before I found once I wanted to play and succeded.

Lord Dean

Traveler

well bushido is for honoring your target for one thing, also lightning strike for it's critical hit chance and hit chance boost, also bushido is how you parry with out a shield,... no bushido no parry with out a shield.... although might be silly although i was wondering why is resist such a must when with chivalry you have remove curse? or is it more a factor of having to stop swinging long enough to cast mixed with the fact of loss mana for a defensive spell?

Drucilia

Knight

remove curse is a bit of a waste of mana :D and u have to cure poison incase u get interupted casting it. other then that its gay annoying and if they ever fix the formular U will need 110 chiv to have 50% chance of removing curse even when it was put on u by low level char

Lord Dean

Traveler

cause my only thought, is like on the sampire i'm building right now if you have 120 tactics, swords, parry, and bushido, and then you have to have 100 necro to be able to pull off vampiric embrace, and of course enough chivalry to fill in that part of the build,.. how do you have enough skill points left to run 100 or higher resist?

Lord Dean;742173 said:
cause my only thought, is like on the sampire i'm building right now if you have 120 tactics, swords, parry, and bushido, and then you have to have 100 necro to be able to pull off vampiric embrace, and of course enough chivalry to fill in that part of the build,.. how do you have enough skill points left to run 100 or higher resist?
120 parry
120 bush
120 sword
100 tacties
100 necro
100 resist/60chivl or 90 resist/70 chiv.

Deckard Kain

Traveler

Do you still have to use a shield to gain parry if you have bushido, or can you use a 2h weapon?

Drucilia

Knight

Kargoth-demise;732224 said:
115 mace
110 anatomy
110 tactics
100 necro
100 bushido

Ummm i think in guant at the moment you have to think to you self. To get artifact chance i must do 1/16 of the top damagers damage.
Sounds easy enough but if there is a lot of people in there and someone has disco necro tamer with hell hounds i would sugest a lot of people would be having trouble doing 1/16 that guys damage. Especially when some newb named richard garriot is running 4 necro mages at once.

I kinda tested the amount of damage my axer can do in 20 seconds versus what the hounds can do and after a few squiggles i realised u really wanna stick with a kick arse tamer or a mage unless u got a sick dexer sampire to be in with arti chance. Dexers are ok but if you stand watch them when they are solo'ing they dont really have that massive damage out put (there are a few exceptions).
To prove my point I spent 3 weeks in gaunt with Gdragon got 2 arties --- Spent 2 days in there (no teven full days) with hell hounds necro and disco and got 6.

Deckard Kain;742669 said:
Do you still have to use a shield to gain parry if you have bushido, or can you use a 2h weapon?
you need to use 2handed weapon but from other melee skill that you have.

Drucilia

Knight

dont care to be honest mate
the dude who owns that character was running 4 accounts in gaunt :D

Piglett

Wanderer

It seems like the more I read about Sampire the more confused I get. I have been reading all different kinds of builds, some people say parry is not needed, some resist, anatomy, healing.

Right now I am at
106/110 Anat
103/110 Bushi
65 Chiv
100 Necro
110 Swords
110 Parry
100 Tactic

I know I need to get 120 Bushido, Swords and probably Tactics. Those seem to be constant in almost every template.

I am unsure where to go from there with my template though. I guess I would like to go with the build that allows me to solo he biggest solo monsters if it makes a difference, like Paragon Balrons etc.

Also, I am unsure where to go with my gear. The only arti I have is Heart of the Lion. I think I want to add Vile, Jackals and Stormgrip. And for runic pieces I want to get stamina increase right?

Hopefully someone can set me straight, or at least in the right direction. Thanks.

Drucilia

Knight

if you want to be a leech and rely on tamers dont bother with resist of parry trade them for skills to up your damage. If u want the ability to solo then u want parry and resist. for balron paragon and things like that you really want a lot of pots to chug lol

merloc01

Sorceror

how decent would it be to drop the magic resist to about 60 for the med so you can heal alittle more with chiv and cast some more?

Lord Dean

Traveler

you don't need med, as long as your weapon has hit mana leech your regening alot of mana just by hiting things, and you don't need to heal. the only time a sampire really runs into too much trouble is when your stamina gets too low which then you just gotta pump out devine fury or hit a total refresh pot.

trying to beat this into a dead horse about heals when you don't need it, you heal through vamp forms life leech, you regen mana through mana leech on your weapon, you worry about keeping your stamina up and having the right weapons. then also your hot keys. but you don't need or want to waist precious skill points on med and don't want to drop magic resist if your gonna be fighting anything that cast spells on you.

merloc01

Sorceror

ok sorry lol sampire template as a lot of options and even more bad options.

Khoga

Wanderer

Jacek.Kosiarz;720720 said:
totem
jackal
orny
sash
+ int boots
8 si high resist tunic
banes
8 si nice ressit gloves